Wally is the fan favorite flash

>Wally is the fan favorite flash
>Always gets shafted in adaptations and even in the comics until recently
Why?

>What is DCAU
>What is Young Justice

He's always going to be the best Flash thanks to DCAU and Young Justice has a loyal fanbase.

It's the comics part that's problem, they keep pushing Barry as THE BESTEST EVER there so they bury keep bury him. If Ezra's Flash flops, they may try bringing him more front.

Until then....

Barry is way, way more popular than Wally. The show alone makes him more popular and more people buy Flash than they do Titans if you want to talk JUST comics fans.

People forget that the last time Wally had a solobook the sales were the worst The Flash has ever been. Even Barry's worst New 52 numbers (Venditti era) are better than Wally's second stint in 2007-2008. It was so bad that Wally's "finale" before the first Flash Rebirth wasn't even fucking ordered by stores.

Why the fuck they kicked Johns out of Barry's title before Flashpoint then? Why the fuck we didn't get to see all the shit he planned out? They told me it was because he wasn't selling. I WANT MY REVERSE FLASH CORPS WAR!!!!!!!!!!

>reverse flash corps

jesus what a one trick writer

lmao barry sold worse than wally during new 52.

he exists because
> oldfags at editorial
> didio hates dick & wally
> easier to adapt movies

that's really it.

Damn. Barry is the best Flash.

Same reason Babs became Batgirl again and Hal is alive: DC Editorial is fucking full of Silver Age nostalgiafags.

Wish they were Golden Age fags instead, honestly.

Based fucking Didio, really the hero we need

No, he didn't. Barry's worst sales are around 32,000. Wally's? Go check all the ones #240 and higher, 26,000. Absolute dogshit for a name like The Flash.

Venditti's run was 10x worse than even Wally's swan song garbage but people were still buying it at a significant rate more than Wally's lowest.

Barry is massively more popular than Wally. There's a modest contingent of bitter nostalgia fags on the internet and in comic stores who blast on about how great Wally is, but there's not enough of them to put their money where their mouth is.

I think the outrage over Wally is just the same faggots who always find something to get mad about in their shitty hobby because they think it's not as good as it was when they were 12.

Barry > Wally in every way that matters, money and marketability. Wally can't even outsell Barry directly after starring in a huge event book and getting a team book that should help draw in fans of other characters like Dick and Donna.

Christ, you Wallyfags don't even know what you're talking about. Didio didn't even want to bring Barry back, EVS has gone on record that Didio rejected the idea multiple times and only caved when, GASP, Wally's run was selling like shit and they had to do something.

The only person to blame for Wally's failure is his fans. Not enough of them, or atleast not enough who actually buy comics.

addendum you faggots should be enthused that Johns is also a Wallyfag. That's the only reason he ever came back, because there certainly wasn't good business in it short of the one event comic that everyone would've bought anyhow because Watchmen.

>What is Young Justice
He said Flash not Kid Flash

How dare they bring back and promote the characters who more people like and more people buy comics of when they star in them.

Newsflash, asshole, DC's a business. They're not always the brightest but if there was some demonstrable insight that Wally, Kyle, or Cass/Steph sold better than their "silver age" counterparts then they'd still be leading their books. It's the same reason they cancel good books that don't sell -- they have to go with what sells in the long run.

The reason they're not is their books were suffering and, gasp, going back to the old shit more people liked increased sales. It's the same reason that, even through they brought all of these characters "everyone" loves back that they don't star in their own books.

Their fit to be supporting characters. They haven't been able to hold their own titles since the early 00s.

You are extremely bitter about a fictional character, user.

The only thing Young Justice did is make more people associate him as Kid Flash forever instead of Flash. If anything it helped ruin any shot he had at being a big time character again.

He'll forever be a supporting role to Barry's #1.

Making wally black is going to permanently cap his growth.

So barryfags will never have to worry now.

White Wally is also back though.
Black Wally is a different character

I'm bitter about the constant Wally whinging. It's just so fucking played out. Even when they make him the star character of their super promoted event book people still bitch about muh Wally and how poorly DC treats him.

Maybe being a dick is the only way they'll learn. It is Sup Forums, after all.

They unblacked him by making the black version not him at all.

Doesn't really matter. All he's good for now is the rare Flash cameo and being sequestered in Titans. That's all he was ever going to be the second they announced Flash Rebirth in 2008.

Legacy characters were a mistake, at least Flash and Batman are the only ones that got it bad. GL and Superman are safe for now.

there's a cruel god. He's doing ok on CW

There is one Barryfag who keeps making stupid threads and long autistic replies since Wally came back. Now he switched to falseflagging instead.

Stay butthurt faggot. Barry's comics are still mediocre.

Jesus, you're passive aggressive little bitch, aren't you?

I'm not denying that money and fan response plays a role, but editorial inclination plays a huge role. Books live longer than they should or die faster based on the biases of the guys upstairs. If you think cold, hard numbers play a bigger role that's fine, but don't be the kind of dumbass who thinks any of these companies don't act on editorial bias.

Barry is a legacy character so that's not it.

It's just about who sells better. That's it. Barry basically does purely because he's simpler to understand and most people who read comics don't care about deep characterization or anything. They just want some simple superhero shit to read and that's what Barry's best at.

Wally had a solid run that outdid expectations. There was some good writing but people mostly like the stupid power level bullshit that people like in cape comics. That's why his sales tanked under Johns, after all. Too much character work, not enough zoomgoesfast nonsense.

>All he's good for now is the rare Flash cameo and being sequestered in Titans.

Barry has NEVER done any of the shit Wally has. Wally ran literally infinity miles per second before.

The only reason the legacies every got a chance is the sales of their predecessors faltered. That's it.

It's not because they're "better" characters. It's not because they have more fans. They're crapshoot shots at drumming up sales, a couple of them stuck for a bit but they revert back to the older, more established stuff because that's what they'll always do.

Blame superfriends.

> He doesn't know about DCYou sales

user, Barry closed his new 52 run around 25k. Stop making shit out of your ass.

I don't like it anymore than you but you had to know that he was never actually going to be important again the second Barry came back.

He'll maybe get some play in the Watchmen story arc but it's just going to be the Justice League saving the day at the end.

Except Wally's during the 90s sold far better than pre Crisis barry.

>Always gets shafted in adaptations and even in the comics until recently

>DCAU
>recent
Are we in 2002?

>Legacy characters were a mistake
>GL [is] safe for now.
Uh...user?

>Wasn't good business
>Wally's return is praised by fans

Flash #51 was 35k. Flash #52 was 32K, his worst sales to date. It's literally exactly what I said it was.

Wally's closeout before they gave him the boot was 26k.

that's what makes barryfags so assmad, his accomplishments are either done better by wally or just aren't there at all.

he just gets shilled by the entire universe.

Wally's run never sold better than the height of silver age Barry comics, dude. Not even fucking close.

It's hard to reproduce 60/70s sales in the post crisis era. That's not really a fair comparison for Wally.

I wish Barry was brought back only once nu52 started. It would have allowed for the reconned reverse flash killing Barry's mom thing make more sense AND it would have meant that Wally got to keep his legacy. On top of that all it would have meant that Wally seeing Barry again during Rebirth would have been 10 X more amazing since it would have been their first time seeing each other in nearly 30 years.

WALLYFAGS BTFO HOW CAN THEY EVER RECOVER?!

Everyone got the Rebirth bump. It's a relaunch.

Give it the full year, once the luster's gone, and we'll see Titans sales plummet back to normal. Like I said, even with the huge event push Wally's TEAM book sells less than Barry's solo. That's actually embarrassing.

You guys should read silver age shit. Barry ran infinitely fast a dozen times. Ran on lightrays, punched people so hard they went through time blah blah.

Wally's never done anything close to Barry, people just haven't read the silly old Silver Age shit because the dialogue is hokey. Barry crushes Wally in a power level fight.

Of course Nu 52 Bally is going to sell like shit. People grew up with some quirky ginger Wally Flash of JLU or Young Justice Kid Flash, not that niggaboo punk like he is now.

A character assassination like that is right up there with Captain Marvel being sidelined for decades because DC hates him.

Post an example user.
I am calling BS.

Don't be stupid user, Sup Forums does not read comics.

> it's just one butthurt barryfag samefagging the entire thread

christ

>Wally sold bad once so no one likes him
>Lets ignore the the 90s and early 2000nds

>The only reason the legacies every got a chance is the sales of their predecessors faltered
There's plenty that don't follow that rule, but I'll give you that most Western comics take the shitty path of only doing legacy characters to boost sales.

>that victim complex
Damn.

So why hasn't he gotten a good adaptation outside of JL animated?

Quick we have to warn congress before they vote to go to war with Iraq. The CIA lied, there are no WMDs.

>Implying
That's like shitting on Batman because Robin sold better than BATB.

Everyone was off the rails in Silver Age.

Ok but Barry's Pre-crisis sells just before it were shit. There is a reason they killed Barry off you know.

IT'S ONLY A LEGACY IF I DON'T LIKE IT REEEEEE

>Practically everything on Sup Forums's own fucking list is Wally Flash.

How dare I state easily googleable facts.

Anyone brought on as an intentional long term replacement follows that rule.

>Sup Forums is biased toward a minor character

No fucking shit, this is the same board that can't stop overrating Nightwing and acts if Dickbats was THE ONLY TIME BATMAN WAS GOOD!!! too

> Flash got shilled by everyone on social media
> DC didn't even advertise Titans
> Titans got a shit artist
> Flash was picked by normies while nobody knew about Titans

DC didn't want/believe Titans to sell at all and just published as a hush note to nostalgiafags. The sales are pretty damn good so far and it's always right behind Flash on digital sales too.

If anything, Titans are outperforming their expectations.

And these opinions are JUST here? Got proof?

That is because Wally's was just objectively the best. He broke the mold of what to expect for a typical Cape.
>Popular character dies and STAYS DEAD (until rebirth of course)
>Other character has to fill his shoes
>We actually see him age
>We actually see him grow and change as a character rather than being static
>He gets stronger but in a decently paced way
>he comes to terms with his mentors death and surpasses him

the GL corps are too different from Alan Scott so it doesn't count

How is Titans? I've been tempted to read it (honestly purely for Wally and maybe Dick) but the other characters do nothing for me.

What made Wednesday comic Barry the best Barry?

>implying the Wally Bump isn't real

that's a pretty ginger-y blackman, user.

Are you denying the FACT that Wally's run is better than anything Golden and silver have done?

Flash has a shit artist and a shit writer, too. What's your point?

Titans was kept a secret because they didn't want to spoil Rebirth. After Rebirth it should've gotten a fucking enormous sales bump if Wally was actually a draw to a large contingent of fans.

But it wasn't. It's in line with everything else, which is a minor disappointment for a team book. They advertised it by making Wally the main character of Rebirth and then putting him in that comic.

This is the internet age. Everyone who wanted to read about Wally knew where to find him. It's not 1995, you don't have to put ads in other books for something to be known.

You do realise that Black Wally is a different character, right?

I agree Wally's stories are better. That's not the point. It's about what more people like, and more people like Barry. A lot more.

But DC just wants to throw that all away? From arguably BEST FLASH to off in limbo to demoted to pseudo-main of some series hardly anyone knows/cares about?

Don't get me wrong, I love Barry too but how does one just wipe out such a great character?

>Wally will never get a solo run again
If new 52 was really going to be a reboot (like it was intended) it would have been interesting to see Crisis on Infinite earths retold and Barry dying again.
I am a bit sad that that wont happen now.

Yeah, the bump that makes him sell less than Barry Allen.

Why'd they even make Bally? Just "muh diversity"?

DC didn't want to throw it away. Didio didn't want it to happen -- they were just in a pickle because Wally was selling so badly and they needed to come up with something.

They even tried BART before they brought back Barry. And they gave Wally another shot after Bart. Barry was the fourth fucking option and he's stuck. There's something to it.

I want to read about Wally
But I don't want to have to deal with the rest.
That is pretty much how most other people are feeling.

This, let's also not forget all the hype they built around it with all the LOST TITAN shit

Because they knew Wally in the show was going to be black and thought, hey, let's get some synergy. Then the writing was bad so racism + bad writing + bitchy wally fans just waiting for something = huge blow up

Except Flash Rebirth sold half of what they expected.
Wally sold great for most of his run. Just get rid of a character every time he happens to not sell well? Barry was selling almost as bad.

>Anyone brought on as an intentional long term replacement follows that rule.
You've got balls to pretend every long-term replacement is entirely driven by money rather than story in a world where Prophet is a best-selling comic.

Most casuals don't mind Booth, user.

Sales for Booth's Flash were the same as Manapul's later Flash arcs (after the New 52 #1 reboot bump was gone). That's about as big a drop off in quality as can be but both were around 35-37k.

That is because Wally is the only character people care about. If it weren't for Wally Titans wouldn't even be selling half as good.

Okay, so Jaime, Kamala and Robbie are fine too, right?

What do you know about what DC "expected" ?

Do you have their board room meetings notes or something? You only know what they expect after they cancel shit.

Anyone else think Wally's personality in the DCAU is interchangeable with Barry's?

Name a long lasting cape legacy who didn't come in after the person they were taking over for was in a poor selling comic.

I'm not talking about new characters who are made to work with their predecessor. I'm talking legit replacements like Wally and Kyle.

It's pretty good desu. Even art isn't as bad as I feared.

Flash doesn't have shit artist wtf? DC didn't shill Titans even after Wally made it's debut. No hype was created for normies to try out. They shilled TEEN Titans with Damian and Black Wally instead and that's the one who underperformed.

Abnett wasn't even invited to Wondercon this year while they brought in Williamson and Percy.

You can delude yourself all you want, that's the truth.

It's a damn shame, but I understand.

Hopefully the new Flash craze from CW and maybe the eventual film will help. I know I have a hell of a time finding any non-Rebirth Flash comics at my LCS because of it all.

Well they did cancel it. They had Nu52 and remade Barry into a very different character.

i don't understand your question

I don't read marvel stuff

So? It's the only Wally book. If he was more popular than Barry he'd sell more than Barry. Doubly so after the huge fucking Rebirth push he got.

but he isn't. Titans is selling nearly 20k less than Flash the past couple months. It's a dead end book because no one cares that much about Wally.

>Film
Too bad it's basically confirmed to be shit with people leaving it and still no director only a month before filming.
Also the movies Barry doesn't look or feel like Barry to me.

Sounds like quite the recipe there. I'd stand outside of the blast radius if I wasn't fuming myself.

I already explained it.
I love Wally. He is my favorite DC character. But I don't want to read a book where I only care about ONE character out of 5 others.

That was an entire linewide thing. Barry was the one who survived the reboot, after all, so clearly he was the part that was working.

If anything, the New 52 is the pure expression of my point. They only kept the shit they thought would sell, which is why GL and Batman kept their history but Flash, whose history was primary Wally based, got a clean slate that was centered solely on Barry.

The fact that they deemed Wally's history a hindrance to Barry says a lot about how badly Wally was selling and how little it mattered to their market strategy. Didio and Johns clearly don't hate Wally. They were under the gun and needed to make money fast, and ditching Wally was part of that equation.

Perhaps I'll grab an issue and hope for the best.

>N-No it is Wally's fault that Barry wasn't selling
kek. Sure user

Yeah I pretty much expect the film to be an utter trainwreck; best case scenario unless they REALLY get their shit together asap.

Wally's book sells more than Hal Jordan and Friends, so what nobody cares about Hal or GL?

Your rationale doesn't make any sense because the book is selling fine. Most Wallyfags also buy the main Flash book, they are not as spiteful as Barryfags.

That's stupid. People buy Justice League in droves because it attracts any fans of a particularly character (obviously, primarily, Batman these days).

But that's the point, really. You may like Wally but not enough to buy the only book he's in. People buy Barry's book because they like Barry enough to spend money to see him.

I mean fuck, Titans has basically been a Wally West solo since it came out. Might as well have been called Wally West and the Titans. The main characters are Wally, Linda, and fucking Abra Kadabra. It's a Waid homage. And yet you're still. not. buying. it.

Shit's like you who complain but don't spend when DC tries to give you what you whine about is my exact fucking gripe. Stop bitching when they try to give you what you want but, because it's not absolutely perfect, you refuse. Do you throw your food back at the chef because one of the side dishes is slightly too salty?