This is going to be terrible, isnt it?

This is going to be terrible, isnt it?

I don't know but I hated these posters. The teal orange thing makes me want to puke. And why does Harrison ford look like a Bollywood star? Why is he big? He should make a cameo at best. Why is Jared Leto dressed as a samurai? why not have a japanese actor?

Tbh I'm more excited for that anime short coming out later this month.

What the fuck did they do to Harrison Ford's face in this poster?

>Why is Jared Leto dressed as a samurai?
to make mom freak.

they tried to photoshop out his face of "i dont give a fuck about any of this" but they failed and he ended up looking like an action figure.

Blade Runner is THE movie that did not need a sequel. And we are in the age of nostalgia and reboots so I'm sure they must have written this script really fast just to make the movie quick, like it's a mass produced product.

They could have atleast kept the style.

Vaudeville and Deakens could still deliver but I sense a lot of studio medling in this.

If they made it with the intent of making more then yes. If not, then I think it may just be good. Hopefully Harrison Ford doesn't have Deckard killed off.

ive seen the shorts and the director looks and sounds like a dumb fanboy. such person will never deliver, will only deliver pander and shit, not original ideas nor indulge in risk, he fears dissapointing old crazy man ridley.

>Ridley Scott
>reboot
>Harrison Ford
>Ridley Scott
>21st century filmmaking
>Ridley Scott's """theories"""

I would oh-so-love to be proven wrong, but there is so much stacked against it. As this user says I get the feeling that there will be a lot of dumb "THIS IS WHAT BLADE RUNNER IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE!!! DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT!!!??" stuff in the movie, on top of a boring action plot.

Harrison Ford will probably only appear in the last 30 minutes of the movie. He's big on the poster for box office appeal.

I'm unironically excited to see it, but I have my reservations.

>harrison ford only accepted this role to prove that deckard wasnt a replicant
God, he really hated Ridley's retcon didn't he?

there is literally no reason, financially or artistically to make this movie
>the original had two good aspects, photography and music
both of those aspects have already proven objectively to be far FAR worse with the new film
>the original was a box office bomb and most young people probably fall asleep watching it or think it's boring
there is no market for this film whatsoever, white nerds like us will probably see but most young guys just pirate shit now and girls aren't into real sci fi

Why is this even a thing and who exactly is the audience for this? Nobody ever thought that the original was a "good" movie, it was a very experimental cyberpunk piece and its fanbase mostly appreciates the "ambient" nature of the film rather than any particular element from its story or cast. It never felt like an universe with another story to tell or even real potential for one. I have never been so uninterested and neutral towards a big budget revitalization of a classic movie.

Also, Ford looks like he couldnt even be bothered to leave his house for the shooting so they had to bring a greenscreen to his apartment and snap a couple of shots of him in his t-shirt and boxers

It's going to be good but won't meet expectations, and that senile old fart Ridley Scott will be the reason.

Finally at last after all this time Ryan you are now a Blade Runner 2049

>Denis Villeneuve directing with fulk creative control
>Roger Deakins as the DP
>Hampton Fancher again on the screenplay
>Johan Johannsson, Hans Zimmer and Wallfisch on the score
>Joe Walker as the editor
>Ryan Gosling as the main protagonist
>Ridley Scott as the executive producer
>200 million dollar budget and almost no CGI, all spent on practical set pieces
It's basically impossible for this movie to end up as a total flop, just can't happen on any level.

The least this film will be is mediocre, but there is no mediocre movie on Sup Forums, only "kino masterpieces" or "utter dogshit"
So it depends will it be closer to one extreme or another for a somewhat general Sup Forums consensus.
The marketing is dogshit though

>bobby wang ur my only hoep

>Bladerunner
>Agent gets the shit beat out of him by every robot he runs down, just scraping by in the end and taking each of them out with a lucky shot
>Bladerunn2r
>Agent does wicked Matrix-style kung-fu to deflect, then overpower the robots. This ain't your old man's Bladerunner! Stand back, Harrison Ford, let me show you how we do it Millenial-Style!

How can I be attractive like him?

Harrison Ford is a worthless old faggot

>Runtime: 2 hours and 43 minutes
The film will be pure visual storytelling with the usual Villeneuve slow tension building narrative and Sup Forums will immediately call it "boring" and "nothing happens" because they expected explosions and heavy action because of the mismarketed trailer.
Screencap if you want.

the trailers are dogshit, might as well be a marvel/dc flick

where is our guy batista?

Lose to fat, tubby.

Modern movie posters generally suck ass. I miss the old hand painted style by talented artists. Not even Star Wars has painted posters anymore, just shitty photoshop.

You do know that trailers are made (edited) by a third party company, specifically for the marketing?
Sony is just retarded in marketing in general, that's it.

I've never really liked that poster. I prefer the one that was made for Final Cut.

Yep but everyome has such low standards from praising capeshit thay they will say it was good or amazing

It's inevitable. It will look very pretty to make up for it though and Harrison "cashing in/lost interest in film years ago" Ford will be unintentionally funny.

Yeah most posters today are just big name actor heads composited onto each other and that's it, everything looks the same.
Pic related was a great poster from this year though, better than the film itself.

Cant be as bad as the eternal capeshit so that's a win in my book

I'm not fat. I'm skinny as fuck and I actually want to build muscle how do I do it?

>>Johan Johannsson, Hans Zimmer and Wallfisch on the score

Not anymore, its all Zimmer now.

So Deckard was a replicant, right?

Fuck you that's awesome. Try again.

>Nobody ever thought that the original was a "good" movie
I'm not into the sequel either but that's definitely not true. I love the story and the cast. I'm a huge Philip K Dick fan, so the story and concept are really interesting to me (even though the film's plot diverges from the book a fair amount), and I think the characters are great as well.

It's one of my favourite films for all those reasons, in addition to the amazing visuals and music. I don't want to watch a sequel though, so I guess you got that part right.

hot fucking damn it can they stop giving that asshole license to ruin every fucking movie with BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM shit?

Very much this. The poster for mother! is one of the few modern movie posters I've personally found interesting.

Id rather they give this a reboot than the studios fund yet another capeshit flick or modern reboot where the only change will be a nigger or woman replacing a white male

So yes there is a market for this and you need to kys if you comaplin about it but simultaneously go watch star wars or it or matvel capeshit #437

>*give this a sequel

I wonder how much input Ridley has in this movie. Might as well post some of his thoughts from back in the day (from the book Future Noir).

I'm starting to worry about it, but at least the Watanabe short will be certified kino.

that girl got a purdy mouf

One more to go

Yeah, reading Dick's novel really gives you a grander appreciation of the film. They do differ substantially but that plus their similarities make them both great companion pieces to each other.

Why would the Nexus need a spiritual implant? Does he mean so that it's indistinguishable from a real human?

To have a conscience he would need quasi spirituality is the theory

Probably.

Work out, eat healthy, and muscle supplements.

Um, he doesn't, and he isn't. You're really, really dumb.

>it's potential cost

>it's

Thanks for posting these. I never understood why people thought that all replicant models had the 4 year lifespan. That was never implied

Judging by Harrison's performance I'd say he was more of a replicant than the actual replicants.

Calm down. He said years ago that the one movie he wished he had scored was Blade Runner but he was glad Vangelis got it. He seems to respect the original score and must have thought about it for years. I have good hopes for the ost.

"Unnecessary" is the usual final judgement laid on these loose retreads, even if they're okay as movies. It'll just feel kinda pointless and ultimately surplus to requirements.

I doubt it will be terrible. It's probably going to feel nothing like blade runner but it will be an okay movie.

Yeah, an the "novelization" cover of Do Androids Dream back in the day. Both by Struzan I think?

Sorry. Still more interesting than the BR 2049 poster or any other movie. Where are you finding these anyways?

>The final war is over. The battle's just begun.
kek