Why doesn't matt stone get as much credit and adoration as his partner trey parker? they're been a team

why doesn't matt stone get as much credit and adoration as his partner trey parker? they're been a team
since day one but it always feels like trey is portrayed as the brains behind it all. general south park thread too, i guess!

holy FUCK that's a man

>captcha: jordans

pic in my OP is a little pixelated. here's a better one of matt stone

Trey does basically all the work and has the talent. Matt does voices and he participates in the writers room but Trey has written every single episode of South Park himself. I honestly think Matt already gets too much credit as it is, really, but I do understand what his primary function is. And it's handling all the bullshit like arguing with suits and media in general, Trey is apparently kind of a push over in social situations so there's a chance that South Park wouldn't have been able to be what it is if it wasn't for Matt and also this thread is just to bait people into commenting the fact he dates a black woman.

matt got lucky and was treys friend at the time trey needed help with the show. matt is basically riding on treys coattails and he knows it

Trey writes, directs, composes and does most of the voices. If you watch interviews, Trey is really funny and witty, and Matt is just a dude. Matt gets "more credit" than he deserves already, but they're both chill, down to earth guys so no one will bitch out over credits.Though apparently his more left sided math dork brain does a lot of the studio management and handles the business side, so maybe he's a worthy partner after all.

neither of these are true and are perfect examples of how not funny Sup Forums is. Having a guy who gets your sense of humor and is perfect for bouncing jokes off and building jokes on is crucial to the way south park is written

Watson is useless because Holmes solves all the crimes.

Wrong.

thanks for the (you)

No, thank you

If you were to run a hospital, would you rather have 0 cafeteria staff or 0 doctors? Sure having someone do something non-essential but useful is nice but it's not needed to keep the wheels turning.

Your analogy is irrelevant because I have no reason to choose.

I can have Holmes and Watson and I can have Trey and Matt.

He's not useless but he sure as hell aint equal.

>why doesn't matt stone get as much credit and adoration as his partner trey parker?

mainly because he stopped writing or directing for the show in 1999, and has just been coasting a doing some voices since then

then why doesnt he get co-writer credit

Awww shit. I Didn't know Matt messed around with the sistas. Thats whats up

>MY NIGGA

That's because Trey is the brains behind it. Watch Six Days To Air. Matt admits that it has always been Trey's thing.

But I don't think Southpark would have been a success without him.

We get it matt. You are a jew.

this - it's like you nerds have never done a project with other dudes, where you split up the work according to who is better at each piece. it's even better when it's your buddy, because you both know that between the pair of you, shit gets done.

so matt and trey have been bill burr'd? has their been a shift in the tone of the show as a result? i haven't watched a new episode in quite some time.

>buddies
maybe at first but i'd guess they can't stand each other at this point

There's hardly any articles about South Park, and I've never read one that didn't mention Trey and Matt so I have no idea where you get the Matt gets more credit

because he's part of the writing team, while Trey keeps the writers' credit

this is basically just a paraphrase of what they said them on their making of documentary.