They objectively get worse. And more bloated that the last isn't half of what the first is

They objectively get worse. And more bloated that the last isn't half of what the first is.

Yeah well you're mom's a whore.

The green piss filter Jackson added to FOTR blu ray ruined it forever and I'm still mad that no untouched version exists.

One of them is blue/green filtered. I compared my extrnded bluray once to the theatrical bluray. I think its the theatrical that was tinted. Granted watching the extended on dvd makes the graphics look better than bluray since it masks the look

Wait no it was the extended that is tinted. The seperate theatrical blurays aren't.
I remember I was pissed bc I bought the extended bluray set. But I didn't pay for it.

There's no original blu ray. Only the DVDs are untainted.

I think I agree actually. I used to think 1 > 3 > 2 but after watching them a lot of times the least interesting part is the battle in the third one (which for many was the best part when they were younger). It takes up so much time and doesn't really contribute to the story that much. In Two Towers there's a lot of interesting things going on and new great characters being introduced, with one battle sequences that feels like it has more weight to it. It also isn't just fighting in that one.

I appreciate the frodo/sam parts, the endings and a lot of other things in 3 but I think I'd consider it the one I look forward to seeing the least now that I've seen them all so much.

>The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

reminder that we'll never get a fantasy movie anywhere near as good as LOTR again, never mind a trilogy

I compared my blurays and they were actually different I swear. I paused them both at the scene with Saruman sitting at his desk talking to Gandalf. The entire shot leading up to where I paused looked different.

Lol

Shut up retard.
There's a Theatrical Cut Blu-ray with the "original" timing in which the white balance is too pink. The film grain was also removed with DNR.
Then there's the Extended Cut Blu-ray with the revised "green" tint, but no noise reduction.

They do get progressively worse, but I wouldn't say that ROTK is two times worse than FOTR. They're part of the same trilogy and are in the same vision... not one of them is that much worse singularly than any other

Two towers is the best one though

I've always thought 2>3>1
Call me a pleb or whatever but I fucking loved those huge battles. Fellowship was still a phenomenal film though, I just prefer the action in TT and ROTK

I think fellowship is the "worst" because it had to create a fake WWE wrestler uruk hai to serve as tge final boss of the movie where as the books had no such character. If it hadn't resorted to that it would have been much better. That character was unnecessary

2 > 3 >1 is the objective order.

Childhood: 3>2>1
Teenagehood: 2>3>1
Adulthood: 1>2=3

Prove me wrong

>only uses cgi when needed
>legolasmurdersanelephant.webm

I don't think you know what ">" means.

How'd you shoot that without CG?

It's only present in a few scenes/sections. They didn't just slap a green tint on the entire movie.

You just don't shoot it. We're lucky that's the most ridiculous thing Jackson pulled in LoTR. The Hobbit is another story completely

I've only seen Return once when it came out in the cinema. I remember thinking it had too many battle scenes.
It's weird because I've seen the other two many times.

My problem with Fellowship was the lack of a final battle or boss, and that Uruk Hai dude wasn't that great. After Moria nothing really happened.
The other two films had amazing finales though, which is why I rank them higher.

Exactly, you don't shoot a scene with Legolas killing an elephant and sliding down its fucking trunk. Legolas skateboarding down some stairs while shooting Uruks during Helm's Deep was also stupid. And fuck me, just about anything Legolas did in The Hobbit was terrible, the worst being that scene where the bridge collapses and he jumps from stone to stone back to the top.

Fixed that pic for you

>The Hobbit was terrible, the worst being that scene where the bridge collapses and he jumps from stone to stone back to the top

TRYING TO FORGET THAT ABOMINATION HERE YOU FUCK

I think we all, collectively, should pretend The Hobbit trilogy never happened. It's what I do, and I feel much better in my daily life for it.

has it occurred to you that movies and books are two different things

I watched the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition last week for the first time (the EE of DoS just added boring shit and I already didn't like BotFA so I never got around to it) and if you watch it with the mentality that it's just Peter Jackson saying "fuck it" and doing whatever he wanted with CGI allowing it, it's honestly 10x more entertaining. Like, if you just treat the movie as a joke you can almost hear Jackson laughing in the background for most of the battle. Don't get me wrong, the film in the context of the series and as an adaptation is an abortion, but watching it with that mentality actually made it entertaining.

I don't know if it's because the 2nd and 3rd films were so bad that they made the first look good, but I like An Unexpected Journey a lot. It's nowhere near as good as the Lord of the Rings, but it did a great job translating scenes from the book I had wanted to see since I was a kid like Riddles in the Dark and the three trolls. It's very comfy. The other two fucking suck though, but I think a lot of that has to do with the first half of The Hobbit book being a lot more interesting and memorable than the second half.

I've actually not bothered with BotFA EE, but I might give it a go with that mentality. I'm still worried I'll just get angry or upset at the shitfest it all turned out to be

The first flick has a lot more Bilbo which is the best part of the trilogy. Also, the whole opening dinner scene was bretty gud. I'm sure an edit that cuts every scene without Bilbo would make for a watchable single movie.

Mommy gets better looking, though.

Wise old man: 1>3>2

Just like in Star Wars original trilogy