Redpill me on Apocalypse. Why do comic fans hate him?

Redpill me on Apocalypse. Why do comic fans hate him?

Because he had one good story in the 90's but writers won't let him go

comic fans hate him?

He was the plot of one of the best modern X-Men stories in the last few years

This. He has nothing going for him other than being the Biggest and the Most Powerfulest, so once he's defeated, even once... that kinda stops being true, or at least stops being intimidating, and just becomes this cognitive dissonance of everyone hyping him up despite the fact they've always defeated him. Bonus shit-points if he tries to act like "B-b-baka mutants, it's not like I actually WANTED to win anyway! Y-you have no idea a-b-b-bout muh plans!"

Wait, I take that back - he has ONE other element going for him as a villain: he corrupts people into becoming his Horsemen. So every so often, one of the X-Men becomes a Horseman and they wring drama out of that, but it's been done to death too.

When the movie was coming out, Sup Forums had a pretty big hateboner for the character and kept calling him a jobber.

Because amazingly enough hes somehow less interesting than both Thanos and Darkseid. Perhaps the biggest jobber I can think of

MONGUL is more interesting than Apocalypse. And somehow slightly less of a jobber, despite most of his character beats being based around him jobbing to Superman.

There was a mystery villain in X-Factor who was supposed to be the fucking Owl of all people but when Louise Simonson took over the book she realized that was stupid and made Apocalypse.

he's a dumb darkseid/thanos ripoff too

At least Mongul has War World and the arena thing going for him. Apocalypse's only interesting thing going for him is giving power buffs to other people and having them do all the damn work

He is a jobber, he's one of the biggest jobbers in comics.

King of the Jobbers. Spawned out of X-factor v1, which is almost single-handedly responsible for the death of the X-men as a franchise.

>Why do comic fans hate him?

Because he jobs like a punk bitch.

To be fair, it's not jobbing when it's Black Bolt. You want jobbing, look at that horseshit late-90s X-crossover The Twelve. Fuck me that was awful.

Im not going to lie, about the only version of Apocalypse I like is the 90s cartoon version

It's not "almost". It is.

when your shilock is "only the strong survive" and you keep losing? Yeah makes you pretty stupid.

Also you had that one post house of M where he gets jobbed by a water main busting

>I AM THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE, CRASH UPON ME AND BE BROKEN

90s cartoon Apocalypse was pure solid gold cod Shakespearean brilliance. He spoke like Galactus.

>convoluted as fuck backstory (they didnt let Remender fix that)
>obsolete motivations (the MU earth pretty much already belongs to superhumans)
>his powers are too inconsistently depicted
>his lackeys and minions have proven to be more capable than him at pretty much everything

He is a jobber. Incompetent and clownish.

Even on his best story, he got easily defeated by a regular Magneto with a snap of his fingers.

The last movie version was a faithful portrayal to be fair.

the best versions of him tend to be alternate world stuff where he already won and we never get to see him be the badass villain.

that is biggest problem.

Too bad the movie already used the time travel shit. At least they could have made it last 2 movies.

strangely I think redemptive path remender put him on and other buddy writers of his before they hijacked him for new apocalypse event..I don't know, it was special. hopefully now that event is gone they'll let him stay on that path. Honestly evan is a far more interesting character watching him grow up. Seeing him become Genesis would be much more satisfying, especially if he does eventually fall for good.

>Redpill me on Apocalypse

NO MORE NIGGERS
NO MORE JEWS
NO MORE FAGGOTS
NO MORE...no more...degeneracy

he's had minority horsemen, Sup Forums

there is no other version
nuh-uh
la-la-la-la-la, can't hear you

Cartoon Galactus was pretty damn good too. His speech when creating Silver Surfer is top notch

That's not jobbing, Blackbolt would win anyway.

source on this?

Because his story has been done before.

Avengers should had dealt with him more often.

Sup Forums needs to stop using wrestling terms it doesn't understand