Rewatched this last night...

Rewatched this last night, the whole movie could have been solved by placing a few guys with machineguns and flamethrowers near the bank at all time
>DURR THAT THE POINT OF THE MOVIE CHINESE GOV IS STUPID
I don't care, the movie fucking stupid, especially after watching the monster city hall management that was Hanno's Godzilla

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mainstream asian movies are these weird mish mashes of ideas that have really odd tonal shifts. its what happens when bug people try to be human

like the horror movie pulse starts out as a pretty good small scale horror movie with really eerie moods and tones but by the end it turns into a post apocalyptic scavenging semi romance movie

The bank?

you stoopid

That's the point. It's an anti-government, anti-American satire.

>Chinese

>Chinese

that poster is really intriguing, like that giant tentacle is rising from maddening depths, hinting at unfathomable cyclopean horrors that would break my fragile mind

the right word escapes me

Sneedian

Chuckian? Perhaps, even sneedian

Even then it's not subtle at all
>Hey we're American, let's dump chemicals in the river what could wrong who cares we're American LOL
>Hey what could solve the situation? Oh I know, ENFUMING THE GOD DAMN CITY OF ULAN BATOR IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWD OF CIVILIAN, YOU WILL PUKE BLOOD BTW LOL

The first one is based on real events.

>The film was in part inspired by an incident in 2000 in which a Korean mortician working for the U.S. military in Seoul dumped a large amount of formaldehyde down the drain. In addition to its environmental concerns, this caused some antagonism toward the United States.

>ENFUMING THE GOD DAMN CITY OF ULAN BATOR IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWD OF CIVILIAN, YOU WILL PUKE BLOOD BTW LOL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange

>While in Vietnam, the veterans were told not to worry, and were persuaded the chemical was harmless.[59] After returning home, Vietnam veterans began to suspect their ill health or the instances of their wives having miscarriages or children born with birth defects might be related to Agent Orange and the other toxic herbicides to which they had been exposed in Vietnam. Veterans began to file claims in 1977 to the Department of Veterans Affairs for disability payments for health care for conditions they believed were associated with exposure to Agent Orange, or more specifically, dioxin, but their claims were denied unless they could prove the condition began when they were in the service or within one year of their discharge.[60]

Didn't know about the first one, but the second one wasn't subtle at all
DUDE VIETNAM

It's not so much Vietnam, but rather: Americans are ignorant hypocritical imperialists and Korea would be better without them.

Bong isn't subtle.
>unknown virus that doesn't exist? WMD in Iraq
>Agent Yellow? Agent Orange
>right wing government is America's lapdog
These are obvious, but there are others. I remember reading somewhere about references to Gwangju massacre.

For his criticism of Korean government and its relationship with the USA Bong was blacklisted.

A girl I thought was cute mentioned she was watching The Host and I asked her if she meant the Andrew Niccol one or the Bong Joon-Ho one. I don't know why I expected her to have taste but it was disappointing nonetheless.

Anyway, you mentioned Shin Godzilla and that movie's a masterpiece.

Am I a plebeian or was the BluRay version fucking boring tho?

I like how people always say this here. "That's the point, it's X" as if that somehow excuses the movie in question being fucking terrible.

The movie is good.

You watched the wrong Korean kaijukino

Of Shin Godzilla? Haven't watched since I saw it in theaters. Tried watching the opening on a plane and I wanted to kill myself though.

I think it might just be the experience, and why I'm a firm believer in movie theaters as the best way to watch a film. You don't have nearly as many distractions as other places, just you and a fuckton of others and chairs and pure kino being directed to your eyes through a significantly larger screen than at home.

Godzilla deserves a fucking big screen.