So what's more played out and dumb?

So what's more played out and dumb?
>Evil for Evil's sake
Or
>"Muh abusive dad"

Outside of maybe BvS Lex, who just used the father abuse to justify his own shitty god complex like in Smallville and a number of other comics, I cant think of any muh abusive dad villains. I guess Ultron maybe?

Also Ang Lee's Hulk i guess

Zoom from CW Flash.

What about
>the girl I like, but doesn't really like me wants to be with someone else. Time to destroy earth.

God damnit, CW Vandal Savage was a chump.

What's his comic motivation?

Neither. It all just depends on the context of the story and how well the villain's motivation is presented.

Norman Osborn, but no one really talks about that.

He was like the first smart human so he wants to be in charge.

Does he feel in charge?

>>the girl I like, but doesn't really like me wants to be with someone else. Time to destroy earth.

wait, no. That couldn't be it. Could it?

It was part of it, he's just power hungry mostly.

John K.'s dad.

I prefer complex villains, when given the choice, and the latter, without any context for the former, objectively has more depth.

It worked with the maker

talk pretentious at me some more plez

>Humanity has stopped evolving, time to destroy humanity.

Maker was kinda cool.
You're talking about Maker from the Ultimate line, right?

>Humanity is destroying themselves, time to destroy humanity.

Evil for Evil's sake

its really just a type of villain, there are about 9 types. This one harkens back to our early childhood days of simplicity. When there were good and bad people. So get away from the Pure Evil type as we get older and understand the complexities of bad behavior. But I still have an apreciation for this simple type of villain.

>Based
A long time ago a very old human (but not great rift valley very long time ago) found a meteor that gave him immortality and super strength.

Since then he tries to amass enough power to live comfortably forever and ensure the survival of the human race while playing a "long game" to become ruler of the human race whenever he isn't distracted by simply amassing immediate power.

He has ruled the world a few times, reformed in the future once or twice.

Both.

I've seen both done well. I think a good villain is more about presentation than motivation.
It's not WHY you're doing things, or even WHAT you're doing, but HOW you do it.

kek

Kailo Ren or whatever he's called was a nice villain

I like when the villain has an understandable reason for what he does, but it doesn't really justify his behavior and he doesn't ask for sympathy. Like Tommy Lee Jones in Under Siege; he was pissed because the CIA betrayed and tried to kill him, but he isn't portrayed as tragic and he doesn't angst about it or anything.

Orphans.

I love how every so often they try to make him seem more sympathetic or have more complex motives, but always snaps back to "He's a dick who hates the Joestars."

underrated

Why is bad mom rarely a thing?

Sometimes I like evil just for the sake of evil