Dormarmmu

I've come to bargain.

Mister Doctor?

Stop making this thread, moron.

just report and ignore

Dormarmmu, I've come for bargains.

A cool idea that was really hamstrung by how short it was.
It should have been at least a few years inside the loop.
So when Mordo was talking about consequences and payment, Strange could have told him he's paid in full.

Also, they really should have underlined the clash between insignificance on person and the total significance of one person.
I think that conflict was a relic of an earlier draft where it was fleshed out more

You've come to DIE

I think that may be the point.

How do you know how long he spent in a dimension without time? He could have been doing that shit for eons. Obviously they couldn't have made the scene reflect the relative time he spent in there.

There were no consequences for his actions aside from Dormammu giving up.

If it was more than just a few hundred cycles, it should have been clearer. Like slowly ramp up the cycles until it becomes a blur instead just cutting a little bit slower than action scenes in Civil War

The whole point was to make Dormammu give up, since Strange knew he couldn't beat him.

What else did you want to happen other than the Earth to not be destroyed?

Use your imagination. Movies don't have to spell out every little detail.

Yes, no shit.

I'm saying that in order to make Dormammu give up, Strange should have been shown to have sacrificed something.
It just felt so consequence free for Strange
He does his trick.
We see Dormammu annoyed, and then he's out of the loop and making quips again.
When Mordo is ranting about costs, Strange should have countered with the cost he just paid, which in any other circumstance would be pure torture.

And since I need to spell out exactly what I mean, I'll explain.
I said in my first post that I wanted the movie to explore the themes of significance/insignificance more. There are hints of it being more important in earlier script, but it wasn't really developed in the movie as is.

Like, when Strange is talker to Palmer early on about why he doesn't do ER work, he scoffs and says he's actually helping thousands by focusing on experimental work.
One person at a time isn't significant.

Later, he tells the Ancient One about how there's nothing but matter in a cold indifferent universe and each person is just an tiny spec in a vast cosmos.

And again, it comes back with Kaecellius telling him that as things are, people are insignificant but with Dormammu, they could live forever as significant beings.

What I'm saying is that this idea of significance should have been explored more.
The end with Strange choosing to die over and over again to keep everyone else safe is perfect because in that moment he is insignificant (dying constantly) but also the most significant (keeping everyone safe).

It's through his insignificance he is significant.
There's so much to play around with that. Like with an infinite multiverse, every person is infinitely insignificant as they aren't even unique. But through that insignificance they are the most significant. It allows for forms of solipsism.

It's like the line in Kingdom of Heaven.
What's Jerusalem worth?

>There were no consequences for his actions aside from Dormammu giving up.
That we see immediately.
It could be that by introducing Dorammu to time, Dormammu has now developed an immune system against it.

>Strange should have been shown to have sacrificed something.
I thought it was obvious that he did.

>I thought it was obvious that he did.
In what way?

You've come here to Shitpost!

The doctor that was so petty and egotistical and obsessed with winning that he argues over when a song came out during brain surgery, not only ha to go back on his hippocratic oath in self defense, but then commit to losing over and over forever. He sacrificed his identity and his ego.

I also thought while watching it that the implication as there were far more deaths than we were actually seeing given the cuts between them in quick succession. But maybe that's just because I figured Dormammu wouldn't get bored after just a few.

It's actually kind of interesting that Strange effectively goes through the five stages of grief after losing his hands. First he's in denial and tries a bunch of experimental procedures, then comes anger and he starts snapping at McAdams. After anger is bargaining which is obvious, and depression with is enacted via his plan which is by its very nature self destructive. Then, lastly, acceptance of his new identity.

>The doctor that was so petty and egotistical and obsessed with winning that he argues over when a song came out during brain surgery, not only ha to go back on his hippocratic oath in self defense, but then commit to losing over and over forever. He sacrificed his identity and his ego.
I'm talking about the consequences of his bargaining, not of his overall character arc

The bargain didn't change his character from egotist to someone more humble.

DIE

I've come to barg-

Dormammu

I've come to bargain

Hello.
I'm from Sup Forums
Was the guy at the end Thanos?
He has the same ridged face

There's no such thing as a time loop...

I've wondered if people would have that reaction if we ever somehow got the Skrulls...

I mean change the skin colour and they do honestly look a lot alike

>>Watching Civil War
>>Cap fighting Crossbones
>>Black people behind me
>>"Who's that?"
>>"That's Loki"
>>"That ain't Loki"
>>"It's Loki"
>>"Where's his staff?"
>>"It's Loki"
>>Shout "IT'S CROSSBONES" at them cause they wouldn't shut up
>>"Who?"

Theres no such thing as magic either, user. Its a movie you autist.

That's why Marvel is smart showing Thanos over and over and over again at the end of their movies

When he finally shows up, he'll be recognizable to most people

Um, Crossbones wasn't in Civil War. So.....

Obviously.

He was thinking of Loki.

He was though.
He's the guy they're chasing in the beginning that blows himself up.

Yeah he was.
He was literally the nigger that caused the entire problem

That's Loki, senpai

Literally what he said. Can you read?

Uh, that's Loki honey. Actually watch the movie next time, ok?

Then where's his staff, nigga

Thor took it

who tf is thor, f am

The consequence was Mordo. By messing with the natural law, Strange created an threat that will defends it by taking magic away from anyone 'unworthy'.

> I want to see what happens if he tries that on Wanda.

I honestly thought it was the Super Skrull at the end of Avengers.

Nah, that was clearly Hellboy.

You idiot, it was obviously the Riddler.

Are her abilities technically considered magic in the MCU? Or 616 for that matter.

Feige has implied she's pulling energies from other dimension(s) like Strange.
She doesn't know any spells so far so just uses telekinesis.

If she uses magic it's likely Chaos Magic, which none of the Kamar-Taj sorcerers can use as it's beyond human capacity.

Bargains? No charge for them.

>She doesn't know any spells so far so just uses telekinesis.
And emotional manipulation, remember she compelled a large number of people to get up and leave Sokovia

And that time she made Thor and Hulk chimp out but never used again.

Again, mental manipulation, same as she used at the finale.
Also force fields.

its so stupid.
>oh noes you've trapped me in a time loop
>im a reality being god but i cant counter your "trap"
>pls no bully my mister doctor

She used it to force Vision to activate his Density powers at full strength and sink himself in Civil War, didn't she?

You could just be retarded and unaware of it.

Being able to control physical reality does no good if you can't control time and the other guy can. Now a Marvel movie has been to sophisticated for you, time to think about ending yourself.

>Wanting Dr Strange to brute force the dark god instead of coning him like he always does in the comics
FAGGOT

It makes perfect sense
Dormammu's world doesn't have time
It doesn't go forward or backwards
He just is
Forever.
Just being awesome

But then this prick comes in and says he's a fuckwad
DELET THIS

But it doesn't go away
It doesn't go away
Not unless he admits to shit that wad of time allows

If Strange admitted how much of a sacrifice he made to Dormammu, it'd be a perfect end game

>hero outwits the bad guy instead of them just punching each other or shooting lasers
>LOL FUNNY REDDIT HERO XD
Sup Forums is such a faggot board

no joke, my friend told me a story when he saw the movie he overheard someone in the audience say that

"IT'S HELLBOY"

Well, tk and tp would be a natural and blindingly obvious result of mental augmentation resulting from the mind stone.
None of that should require hand gestures.

The question is whether that augmentation was the unlocking key of something else which no human can use.

I saw these threads before I got to see the movie.
Afterwards, I realized the cleverness of it.

this thread is entirely samefagging

It distanced Mordo further.

That's true
It's one of the few Marvel movies that set up a sequel properly

But it still made Strange immune to this countless deaths
He should have been like "Holy shit, I hurt"
Or something like that

Aw dude sweet is that form the army of two movie?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAUUUUGHHHHH

Could she eventually turn her energies into weapons and shields the way that Doctor Strange and the Kamar-Taj sorcerers do?

I've come to bargain user.

>The consequence was Mordo. By messing with the natural law, Strange created an threat that will defends it by taking magic away from anyone 'unworthy'.
I suddenly realize only a man who believed wholey in law and the balance of the universe could wield the Staff of the Living Tribunal.

I really want to know how powerful that staff becomes.
I mean TLT's staff ought to be able to end reality. So is it simply modeled after TLT in some fashion, so it's just named after him, or are it's true powers dormant?

I hope TLT doesn't show up unless he is as powerful as the comics.

>It's the Punisher!

>Starlord, man

user I've come to bargain