When you first saw this episode, who did you think had done it?

When you first saw this episode, who did you think had done it?

Other urls found in this thread:

simpsonsarchive.com/guides/super.dude.html
youtube.com/watch?v=p9kdDet7G14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

maggie

maggie

maggie

maggie

magoo

Milhouse

I thought it was Homer because I thought he said "Who are you?" in the alley.

I figured it was either Abe, Apu, or Moe I think. I was ten though, and obviously didn't know they'd pull the twist. I just knew it wouldn't be Smithers

I suppose I'll be serious as I was in the 4th grade when this episode aired so it actually was a mystery, I thought it was Smithers. Yes, I understand he was meant to be a red herring, but I was a dumb 10 year old who thought he was smarter than he really was, and I came to the same conclusion Lisa did.

Unfortunately I saw the Troy Mclure episode where they went over the alternative ending joke first due to living outside the US.

These episodes were possibly my favorite Sideshow Mel appearance.

Smithers desu, he puts on the suck up and loyal facade and finally cracks so he shoots Burns but doesn't want to kill him because he still needs his job but he just had to do something

No, he said "Oh, it's you, what are you so happy about?"

That being said, considering that I was 2 and a half years old at the time, I thought it was Grandpa.

i thought it was Apu.
Or that latino guest character.

Tito Puente? Well, he did vow revenge, heh heh. [pause] But I can't see him doing something illegal. He's in show business, he's a celebrity....

Honestly pretty smart for a 2-and-a-half-year-old. Being able to comprethend murder and mystery to begin with is impressive.

My friend and I were just giggling little shits that each took bullshit guesses.

I guessed Santa's Little Helper, my friend guessed Maggie.

Smithers like everyone else.

What the fuck is that gun even supposed to be

It's Apu's apenis

I thought it would be Skinner, because he was a "bad guy" in my head like Sideshow Bob. But at the same time of thinking that, I also though Smithers was too obvious.

Also thought the dog.

Because I knew that, being The Simpsons, the answer would end up being kind of a joke. Just guessed the wrong joke.

Was vindicating to see that joke clip where the dog did shoot him.

Anybody read that really old article that jokingly speculated that Superdude shot Mr. Burns?

simpsonsarchive.com/guides/super.dude.html

Same here.

Only reason I thought it was Grandpa was because of the empty box that Grandpa had kept his gun in. I watched a LOT of murder-mystery shows with my grandad when I was young, most of them were exceedingly unsubtle, so I guessed it was the obvious one. Again, no real complex thought behind it, just "Grandpa's gun is gone, must be him"

Link to clip? I remember the alternate reels showing everyone else shooting Burns, but I don't remember Santa's Little Helper being in there.

Otto

Disco Stu

I thought it would be someone besides smithers or Homer, but didn't know who. I thought it might possibly be another non-regular character because obviously they are not gonna get rid of a recurring character like Apu.

>Burns hands point at S and W
>Flip the W

Maggie Simpson. It was so obvious all along

Couldn't find an actual video clip, but it's in there.

he settled his score on the salsa floor with this vengeful latin rhythm youtube.com/watch?v=p9kdDet7G14

I actually thought it was Krusty. His appearance at the end with the whole "hey, I was on vacation, what did I miss?" felt very randomly thrown in and made him suspicious.

Skinner because he actually left his MOTHER behind.

Looks like a shitty auto-pistol.

By that logic it would have made more sense to be Marge Simpson, but you are talking out your ass to seem smart for a bunch of anons.

most of Sup Forums hadn't been born when that cliff hanger came out, half just watched the conclusion right after and the other had it spoiled long before.

I thought it was going to be the dog because the cone would allow it to fire the gun.

I thought I was clever.

Jimbo, since he was standing right there when Burns stumbled out of the alley.