Hulk #1 preview

Words cannot express how hype I am for this book.

This new practice of counting variant covers as preview pages sucks a little though. Didn't previews used to be four or five pages long?

I'm not as excited as you but I'm fairly into it. Ironically Sup Forums will probably be as displeased if this is a ragefest as they were that Hellcat was SoL.

It's mostly that I love She-Hulk, but not in a waifu way, and she hasn't had a good book in about ten years. Longer, if Slott's run didn't do it for you.

The creative team is pretty nifty too.
Between her and Pak, why do asians write the best Hulk stories?

I don't think the displeasure was so ,uch Hellcat was SoL

I've liked the artist on Miles book so this should be cool

I'm loving this new She-Hulk form.

You're right, the book is just bad. But I have seen bitching about the low threat and stakes.

Not quite sure why Jen's Japanese now, but I'm not gonna argue it.

All asians are secretly the Hulk for real.

Looks good and doesn't feel forced.

And sadly, that's it.

December 28 can't get here fast enough.

This is a promising start.

Why does this feel so manga to me?

I'm an idiot that forgets to attach images hurr durr durr

>jennifer walters is no longer fun

Interesting, its rare that Jen gets another Hulk form. I wonder what her Grey Hulk is going to be like. While Fixit is one of the weaker physical Hulks, he's definitely one of the most cunning and intelligent.

Why would she be suppressing her green?
She never did that.

Waking up from her coma and seeing how badly Carol fucked everything up made her so angry that she now turns into a regular Hulk instead of She-Hulk.

I'm not making this up.

her cousin was assassinated by a "good guy" she knows, her friends are all trying to kill each other, and she almost died.
It's a safe bet she's upset and wants to be left alone for a while.

So her being gray now has anything to do with Civil War II?

that's far enough around the bend to stop being stupid and work for me desu

I'm kind of sceptical about this, but Marvel really doesn't need another wacky misadventures book right now, so we'll see.
Art's nice, at least.

If her hair was redder, she could pass for Colleen Wing.

It's basically a new take on her old gray form, but less ugly and without Hulk-speak. So, rage monster.

>Waking up from her coma and seeing how badly Carol fucked everything up

The irony being Carol's done exactly what Jen told her to do.

Really, it's just as much her fault.

Plus Bruce being dead and all.

She was gray before?

Because it's yet another weaboo-inspired webcomic-tier artist being hired by Marvel because standards are dead.

I really don't think is manga at all. Webtoon, maybe.

I dunno, Jen's words could be interpreted in many different ways. Dazzler brought that up in the A-Force tie ins.

But this is when Manga shines the most, really.
And it's not just the style but the way the scenes are directed.
Also dramatic emotional breakdowns and being suppressed are very Japanese things, I guess.

Marvel "kill all white men" Comics

Yeah, and Jen would have been flexible and considerate enough not to provoke standoffs everywhere, being an expert on anger management and handling her cousin.

For about two issues, during dimensional shenanigans.

>>Grimdark She-Hulk
>>Make her look all Uguu
What?

I like wacky She-Hulk books but also think the character can skew darker too. The mark of a decent character is versatility, it'll be a nice change of pace. We all know that this too shall pass in a few years, it isn't like we won't get a wacky fun Shulkie book again or have her back on a team once she gets some mental stability again. In the meantime, this could be a good different status quo if 'My only major comic qualification is a low graphic novel about a girl coming out' doesn't fuck it up. Maybe that emotional focus and pacing might work well with this though, given its about Jennifer dealing with her anger issues after the bullshit of CW2

>low key graphic novel*

might just be because japanese media has more 'super strong evil side' stories where the protag masters the power rather than losing it/giving it up like you usually see in western stuff

she took a thanos buster to the boob

>ywn have your hip bones obliterated to powder from she-hulk pounding your willy with her amazonian vagoo, while being literally smothered by her melons

Don't you know? Cute characters with emotional problems contrasted with sudden artstyle shifts is the easiest way to get grimdark.

It helps that it looks jarring on purpose to further emphasize what they've got going on there. Its common because it works usually.

>Literally growing out of her clothing in a panicked freakout
>Trying to do anything on a computer
Even if she's trying to send for help, she is going to crush it accidentally with her fingers. A phone might at least have voice activation to scream over

She's not her usual Shulk self.

And Jane Fixit didn't slaughter Carl Manvers upon awakening?

I really wish Marvel would hire an editor with balls & logic to make stories sensible again.

>when you get triggered by shit posters

...So Jen is so mad at how shitty Marvel is right now that she's gone full savage.

Thought this said "Bulk" at first.. and thought of this gem.

still can't believe bruce's dead. but he'll probably be revived for some event like most if not some marvel characters.

now ain't this cute. thank Scottie for this.

This variant is decent. Needs more jeans ripping though.

Sick Keown variant.

How long until she tries to tear Hawkeye's head off?

I'm just really glad they kept this form. I said I would kill for them to make a comic about this She Hulk, so I guess I better go buy a gun.

>Needing a gun to kill
If your bare hands aren't enough, all you need is patience and something sharp. Save your money, use it to buy new Hulk. Kill with a shiv and careful ambush.

I mostly just see it as a response to Cho's in control Hulk. So now Jen is savage and Cho is sensational (totally awesome), and we maintain our Hulk quota. It's also nice because we have so many new teen heroes that are so obviously good, it'll be nice to see someone freak out and tear some shit up while also trying to be hero from time to time.

>Mariko Tamaki is writing
I might actually end up reading this.

Not how I read it at all but maybe valid. I am intrigued how Jen handles essentially being the darker Hulk for the time being. Probably not well.

Wait when did they start embracing the badness of it to have a quote comparing it to The Room?

I want Jen to rape Carol in this Hulk form. When are we going to finally see that? I will buy all of the copies.

Well in recent memory the only time Marvel has had two of the same "type" of Hulk is just before or after they've had them fight. They know some people want to see smashing and angst while some people want to see more lighthearted hulk shenanigans. I like both, so I'm glad they take this approach to writing their hulk books.

I'm sure Cho will pop up and try to help her at some point, but I can't see it going beyond an issue or two before they go their separate ways. The only thing that I could see interfering with this is that zombie Hulk running around.

Well, she did meet Cho in his comic.
She was in four issues, I think.
Including her last interactions with Bruce.
I bet he would have a word to say about her going all rampagey.

no such thing as bad publicity

>Hulk #1 (2016) Unlettered Preview
Fixed

Put effort into the subject next time

>new

Pia Guerra

To go full circle:
>I'm an idiot that forgets to attach images and put "unlettered" in the subject line if you post a textless preview and "lettered" if says so but an unlettered preview was aleady posted hurr durr durr
FTFY

Honestly how much does this job pay you, user? Seems like an easy gig.

I feel like i should start drawing that.

So will this be nothing like She-Hulk from the late 80's/ early 90's?
Would be a real shame to have a She-Hulk book be a no fun allowed zone.

This is She-Hulk pulling her own version of Carol Danvers, Laura Kinney and Jane Foster. Have the female supporting cast character appropriate the role originally occupied by a man, and pretend everything about it is new and awesome.

Well, that's disappointing.

Well, this makes a ton of sense for her, though.
With Bruce not hogging the grimdark Hulk for a while she has opportunity to have a story like that for once.
And Cho stole her funny hulkventures shtick first.

Needs more Cho.

>her cousin was assassinated by a "good guy" she knows

Wonder if she slept with Clint.

The idea isn't inherently bad, it can theoretically be done well, as points out. Could work.

>hey guys,Marvel here. Remember how She-Hulk has always been fun, capable, had her shit together, her stories were light-hearted but emotional?

>well FUCK THAT, let's rehash the old Hulk without adding anything but a set of tits. HOUSE OF IDEAS, BABY!

Well, that IS where she started...

Question.

Is there anyone here actually hyped for this who DOESN'T have a fetish for it?

Does "cautiously interested" count as hyped?

No, that's a pretty reasonable reaction.

yellow man sees fellow man in green man and green Jen.

Her least successful series.

>crawling in my skin Jen
This is so longer podracing

Yes, fuck that. If Cho has the fun Hulk book, let's do something different with Jen that may be stupid but may lead to an enjoyable story. I could live with a year of intermittent explosive disorder She-Hulk, especially since she so rarely is that kind of Hulk it provides a somewhat different narrative meat to work with than Bruce where that's more status quo

Why do you think she's so mad?

Marvel pays me in comic books and i get to massage Bendis's head.

You know? The comic book writer, Michael Bendis.
The Bendis.

Self loathing death spiral, commence

The Gammazon is back. Hype hype.

yeahhhhhhh, this didn't go so well the last time

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL

>The irony being Carol's done exactly what Jen told her to do.
Yeah but was Jen talking about using Ulysses to find big threats like Thanos and Celestials and shit

Or was she talking about going Minority Report on other heroes?

I think Panther in Ultimates^2 covered it pretty well

You know how bad movies are fun to watch?

Well people have picked up on that and now they manufacture "so bad it's good" mobies

That's how we get shit like Snarknado. It's not quite as delicious as home-grown 100% organic bad

looks terrible.

That is great reaction image foder.

And to add onto that, in issue 0 of this very same shitty event, she's defending a guy who was screwed over by prior history.

Look at pic related, does that sound like someone who would side with Carol in arresting teenage Spider-Man? Or going after her cousin? Or that random chick from issue 4?