Just got around watching Zootopia, pretty good

Just got around watching Zootopia, pretty good.

What did Sup Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_Ql8vnzEE
youtu.be/G2_U19d3z-Y?list=PLeGWJIkLfHeXTzDIedILwJuZMsewu7dcl
youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I
youtube.com/watch?v=mnnVhvhHeNs
youtube.com/watch?v=EK7Br9p2f-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Judy was hot and had great reaction faces

it was shit

"I wanna fug the wabbit"

>Not "cream the rabbit"

Furry bait.

Generic, predictable, followed every formula Disney ever has. A waste of a movie. Althought better than the disgrace big hero six and frozen were.

Bellwether did nothing wrong.

Go to bed, Gidget.

2/10 no Finnick in a dress

Actually got away with a Breaking Bad joke, that's always a plus

A well made and surprisingly well written film. It's rare to find a kids' movie that actually features racism as a plot point instead of just soapboxing. Also, the furry community has had a field day with it, which is always amusing to watch.

Shame the music is so lackluster, but oh well.

Remember me?

It was pretty cute, would have been better if they change the villain.

Amazing.

>Also, the furry community has had a field day with it, which is always amusing to watch.

Well, hey, they'll always do that, so, oh well.
As for me, long as she cute, it don't matter

None of this matters

Weren't you that asshole no one cared about?

>Also, the furry community has had a field day with it, which is always amusing to watch.

I for one loved it and the bun!

I cared.
I cared just enough to hate him.

Don't speak bad about me!

get your sick fantasies out of here asshole

This is the EQG Copypasta only replacing all mention of Bronies with Furries.
Get that weak stuff outta here.

there were literally 1000 or so threads about it

preachy, the whole "don't judge book by the cover" been done to death.

Definitely good, but I don't think its "the best Disney movie since Lion King".

Russian furries attended the premiere in their edgy fursuits.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_Ql8vnzEE

yeah, they blew it when they picked the music,
especially Shakira.

guess it was too late to change the composer.

That part his hilarious. That Fox's face..

Was pretty neat. Love the character designs, expressions and creative location ideas.

Hope theres a sequel so I can get another artbook.

From Maryland so I didn't run into any furries at the theater the two times Ive seen it.

Hey, another Marylander! Although technically I go to Delaware for movies...

Brandywine for me.

>Hope theres a sequel so I can get another artbook.

uhh, about that..

I liked how "cute" was the rabbits' version of "nigger"

I guess you mean "nigga", nigga

It was a good movie but it spawned an incredibly cringey fanbase.

But furries have been around a long time now

its weird how little merch of this there. Did Disney not expect it to be a huge hit? Did the creators not want to make another marketing monster like frozen because it would pervert their art?

did they ever answer why there were no zoos and lizards in zootopia?

Im consumed

>Did Disney not expect it to be a huge hit?
Essentially.

It gave me a bunch of things I didn't ask for

racism

I had a choice between Zootopia and Norm of the North, I chose the latter. Did I fuck up?

this movie got as much merchandise as Moana, however it's inaccurate because of that weird story with the rewrite, the movie probably costed twice as much to make that the chart says.
Movie did well at the B.O. only because furries saw it 10 times, that money didn't go to Disney but to cinemas, if the merch sold well we'd probably see new toys by now.

I'm sorry.

there are threads on /trash/ since the movie came out
that says everithing

holy weekend

It had no business being as good as it was.

However, it did feel rushed in parts and was rough around the edges. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though.

I always bring family movies to Thanksgiving

Zootopia is a city in a mammalian nation-state.

Other branches of animal live in their own countries.

My headcanon (inb4 autistic) is that bats are like Hawaiians and live off in some archipelago near the bird nation.

>if the merch sold well we'd probably see new toys by now

Precisely. Disney isn't stupid. They want to make money. Even if they don't expect something will be a success, once they realize it will generate profits, they will do everything to make money from it. If its a Disney product, then it probably was successful. That's why we have Frozen Rock Salt

If it made all that money and no one is buying the merchandise, does that prove the furries saw it 10x theory? How do you profit off of the bunny besides making a sequel?

I really liked it, but for some reason I dont want to watch it again.

Zootopia merch on the Disney store website is a single page. Most stuff is for inifinty making it useless. Frozen has three pages with each page maxed out for the total number of items it can display

A lot of people would probably buy a Nick Wilde T-shirt. The crew even made their own T-shirts. Why can't you buy them?

when will we get the Dark Ride? This might be one of the few examples where we can make our waifu real through audio-animatronics!

The real problem with iir society are people like you, people who only have a general idea how things work and then oull the rest out of their ass and act like it was true.

The movie certainly did cost more, but nowhere near twice as much. The previous version was not even halfway done and they made the new one on time before release deadline.

Cinemas get relatively little of ticket money and earn their living on popcorn and drinks. There are professional sites like Forbes that wrote very informate articles about it, Google that. Short version: when it comes to blockbusters, what the studio actually earns usually oscilates around 50% of global earnings and 70% of US BO.

Moana has Lego sets. Fucking Lego. Zootopia really surprised them with that billion. The only reason there was no more merch was Finding Dory. They missed their chance at launch and then did not want to compete with their own 100% certain cash cow. It's business 101.

Zootopia still brought in about 500 million for Disney and about half of that is profit. The worst case scenario (costly re-do's) is they are STILL 200 million ahead. That's insanely good for a production disaster this movie almost was.

Oh, and no biggie, but this the third film in recent Hollywood history to break a billion without being a sequel or an adaptation of a popular story (book or fairy tale). The only other ones? Cameron's Avatar and Titanic.

ok

Watching it ten times in theatres was fun.

it's too late to cash in on that movie, though, they blew it the moment they picked Shakira to sing. I remember when fanbase called it "the next lion king" , if anything this is "preachy robin hood".

Music sold Disney movies in the 90s , and the people think revival era started with Tangled forgetting there was that Bolt movie before.
Why? Musical of course.
Well, I saw it 5 times just for visuals alone.It was really nice experience. I'm a sucker for talking animals in movies, they're cuddly.

>it's moana versus zootopia thread
You do realize that those movies was made by almost same people and same company?

Sup Forums ruined Jewish entertainment for me.

The original concept with the collars was about not being white and living in a western civilization without privilege. You can even watch the making of zootopia and near the end have a gay white dude say how privileged he is and an asian woman say how hard it is not being white and that she teacher her son about white privilege.

>you can't compare how they treat monkeys and lions differently
>why?
>because they're both in a zoo so it doesn't matter how, DUH
lol retard

All those disney movies talk is always about how much money they made, because usually they are so dull that there is nothing to talk about, besides money.

They gutted a lot of content and soundtrack was part of it, although I think the music we had was alright in conveying emotions; stuff like this youtu.be/G2_U19d3z-Y?list=PLeGWJIkLfHeXTzDIedILwJuZMsewu7dcl was wasted in the credits of favor of Shakira

This, I'm not a furry but I would do so many things to Judy.

Judy has a great pair of thighs.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I

Also, this fucking song got stuck in my head again...

youtube.com/watch?v=mnnVhvhHeNs

youtube.com/watch?v=EK7Br9p2f-Q

meh, hard to fuck up a buddy cop movie, they wherent exactly shooting for the stars buts nce to see movies targeted at boys again be it wreck it ralph with videogames or thisone with cops there needs to be come actiony flick for all ages

those kids are going to fucking die.

I'm not sure anyone can be any dumber than this.

Same boat my friend, I just wanted to know more about the move, not know it was going o be some extreme leftist propaganda dressed as a kid's flick.

Where the hell is world heading to?

Get it, while it's hot!

>shitting on Shakira
Who would you have instead? Katy Perry? Nicki Minaj? Adele?

already pirated it B)

Aaaannnndddd... it's gone.

it was great but the part with the toucans creeped me the fuck out

It's not Shakira, it's rather the song, Let it Go sold Frozen, Everything is Awesome(selfsatire of catchy songs) sold the Lego movie.

Its just not catchy enough

Judy made me feel funny.

I think I got you beat.
Anyone have a pic of those ticket stubs some guy posted on his facebook at the end of March. He was seeing it once & sometimes twice a day.

anyone got a mega download link for the soundtrack?

I wonder what exactly counted as dressing as your favorite animal. On the scale of "T shirt that's an animal's fur pattern" to "Full fursuit" what's the least amount of work I would have had to do for that?

Best Disney movie since the Renaissance era.

>b-b-but furries!

I do not care about furries as it is not currently 2004.

I don't know about that. Only time I've seen people talk about it, aside from people like OP that watch it for the first time late, was the first couple weeks after it was released.

Meanwhile people still go on about fucking Frozen where I live. Like what the hell?

Whatever. 6/10. Though I should lower it for the forced and annoying propaganda.

Never saw big hero 6. I thought it would have been a tier above Zootopia though. You sure about this? Frozen was definitely worse though.

Loved it!

And b4 that "just a reminder" guy posts this, i'm looking to collect one of these if anyone sees one:

if it felt forced, you were looking for the propaganda, sweetheart.

I hear people, I mean offline like at work and shit, bitching about every Cars and Planes movie and wondering why they keep on making them yet they turn around and keep on buying Cars toys for their kids and in some cases grandkids.

>too far into make a movie to back out Disney starts to expect it to not be a hit so makes little to no merch
>no merch is sold because it's just not there
>when people ask about why there isn't a sequel Disney can just point to merch sales and blame consumers for not buying enough.

Though sometimes Disney is taken by surprise by a film being a hit. Back in the 90s they thought Pocahontas was going to be the big hit everyone was going to talk about for years to come and The Lion King was going to be the whatever movie people would forget but it'd make them enough cash to keep going and make Pocahontas and whatever other projects that wasn't announced at the time. Look how that shit turned out, they're still shitting out Lion King merch.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Not that guy but if Zootopia is predictable then BH6 actually gives you real precognition. Every single moment can be predicted before it happens. It's best to turn off your brain for that movie and entertain yourself with the action if you want to enjoy it (and I'm usually not the kind of person who says that).

I still have no idea who Shakira is.

Then you have a comprehension problem. I can't help you.

>Every single moment can be predicted before it happens.
Well I already have that problem with most media so that doesn't bother me. I've gotten too good at getting into the mind of the author.

You're actually retarded.

No, no, I get you. It happens a lot to people like us who enjoy all sorts of fiction. But BH6 is REALLY bad on that aspect.

Also, their ears are very under-detailed for some reason. Guess it's supposed to be "cartoony" but it doesn't work and it's hard to not be bothered by it.

Incredible how even evil bellwether is adorable!