Are gays over represented?

Hey Sup Forums,

I come here b/c I don't see a lot of TV, but the in the few glimpses I catch of my sister's favorites shows I see a lot of gay people.

I mean, there seems to be like a 1 to every 6 characters ratio. Specially in the main cast. So, do the shows that are catered to women have more gay characters on them or is TV in general pretty fucking gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/19563-homophobia-hidden-homosexuals.html
huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/07/politicans-gay-rumor_n_4549146.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes they are

/thread

come out cone out whetever you areeeeee!

inside 5 years youll be sucking cock in bathrooms bcuz ura closetfag

Yes

I love this argument. You don't like gays so you're a closet gay.

Don't like motorcycles? Secretly a hells angel. Don't like football? 7 super bowl rings in hiding. Dislike guacamole? Late night avocado binges in private. The perfect argument because it makes 0 sense but you just can't explain it away because you're already branded as a self hating cock sucking bigot

>lady macbeth keeps protesting

No they aren't, you just watch too many gay movies, fag.

> large muscle man in Berlin dancing to minimal techo

If he was not gay himself, it is still guaranteed he was for gay rights and interacted regularly with gay people

You don't like anime? You now speak Japanese. Don't like video games? You're James Rolfe now. Car culture is stupid? You've got 3 race cars and 2 trophies. Rap sucks? You have mixtapes from every rapper in the past 20 years. Short hair looks bad on men? You're wearing a wig and secretly sport a high and tight. Sneed posting pisses you off? You post Sneed on your wireless data to dodge bans.

Perfect

Argument

LOL

name 1 (ONE) ((SERIOUSLY, JUST ONE) blockbuster (120mil +), from any point in time, where the lead is a gay man or woman.

now name 50 with a straight white male.

There. Now shut the fuck up.

/thread

Gays are rightfully ignored and ostracized though

How do we stop the gay mafia?

Not really, big cities are filled with so many faggots it me think its the other way around
Plus drugs are much more prevalent nowadays and that's a sure way to end up with a dick in your mouth at some point

Not a fan of Baneposting? You're now a Big Guy.

>name 1 (ONE) ((SERIOUSLY, JUST ONE) blockbuster (120mil +), from any point in time, where the lead is a gay man or woman.
All those Rock and Tom Cruise movies.

depends where you live
if you live in new york i'd imagine gays are UNDER represented for you
but in my country there's barely any gay people and it definitely feels like gays are over represented in western entertainment

The Thor necklace and general Pagan aesthetic also confirms this, most likely.

I don't think I've ever had a thought of caring about that, idk where you even see all these gays, maybe you're some kind of normie, anyway lots of artists are gay so it's not over-representation from their perspective, they are just being themselves when they put gay stuff in their work

so anyway my main point here is I want those trousers

nobody who isn't gay would be this upset over being called closeted desu

Kate McKinnen from Ghostbusters 2016 is a lesbian. BOOM. Fucking owned.

There it is again, even after having the argument completely dismantled and embarrassed you can't move onto anything else, it's a shame you weren't programmed with back ups.

it's just a bullshit argument

Yes, most if not all minority demographics are over represented in western media because everyone wants to be as represented as much as cis white males.
Give it a couple more years and you'll be seeing trannie characters in every other show even though they make up less than 1% of the population

You hate the alt right? You're a secret nazi who jacks off to pictures of lynched blacks.

lots of bullies are gay though and it's no accident

I don't think this is the study I've read about before but it's something
livescience.com/19563-homophobia-hidden-homosexuals.html

You don't agree with his argument? You're the same user who posted it.

Well the most vocal Republican anti-gay advocates keep getting caught sucking dicks at public restrooms or having gay lovers on the side, so....

Name 3
Studies can be gamed to say anything.

It's just a cheap copout argument right up there with silencing dissent by crying about racism

>all this butthurt from closeted homosexuals mad that people see through their projection

>Studies can be gamed to say anything.
I guess whatever you think is true is true then, you might as well disconnect from the internet since you won't ever need further information on anything

Sounds like something a deflecting pedophile might say

Holy fuck the thread is full is child fuckers.

>Sneed posting pisses you off? You post Sneed on your wireless data to dodge bans.
oh fuck you got me. i thought if i renamed my images i could fool you guys turns out i was the fool.

sir you may have cancer in your brain please seek help immediately

They are roughly 10% of film and tv characters and 4% of the actual population.
>studies can be gamed to say anything
So I hope you'll be rubbing some shit in the next time you get a cut right? Can't trust those studies right? Studies can be manipulated yes, but that's why you look at the source and evaluate their methodology. The fact that you have no actual criticism beyond "studies can be faked" tells us that you just couldn't find (or didn't even bother to look for) anything wrong with the study makes it pretty obvious that it's just a knee jerk response to avoid reevaluating your beliefs.

>say anything at any time
>DUDE UR JUST PROJECTING LMAO

makes me mad

Stop jacking off to pictures of kids at the beach, you creep!

Don't like my argument? You secretly agree with me.

t. closeted homo dealing with repressed desires

why? you could be having a normal conversation with someone instead of sitting around being "mad" lol

Are we talking the actual actor being gay?
John Travolta

Are we talking movies where the lead character is gay?
Brokeback Mountain, Moonlight. Both oscar winners...

Upcoming: Queen movie

listen

nobody cares fuck off

Wanting me to fuck off? You secretly want a (you)

Why do closetcases always get so butthurt when you point out how repressed they are?

>Name 3

why limit ourselves to three?

huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/07/politicans-gay-rumor_n_4549146.html

It's not even that hard to find problems in methodology dude, the best studies have problems, they even explicitly spell them out so other people studying the same topic can pursue different or more fruitful routes, just go read it and you can have an actual argument instead of the travesty your posts have been so far.

>tfw your'e born gay but not your gender

or just fuck off

>blockbuster (120mil)

Can you not read?

>029▶
>File: lord_humungus_web_alone.jpg (18 KB, 225x312)
> (OP)
>come out cone out whetever you areeeeee!
>inside 5 years youll be sucking cock in bathrooms bcuz ura closetfag

I hate niggers too, does that make me a closet nigger?

>rumors
Citing rumors? You must secretly have hard facts hidden somewhere

>Rumors

Rumor is you're a faggot so I guess I'm right

Just fuck off? You must secretly be buttblasted that someone stole your retarded gay argument and used it to btfo anything you say and you want another (you)

yes if you get pissed off when someone calls you a nigger yeah you probably are a closet nigger, that or you are an insecure idiot

>Why do closetcases
t. closetcase

what if i get pissed off when someone says i'm pissed off does that mean i am secretly hiding my pissed off nature by acting outwardly pissed off

The fact that so many people are angry at the argument being turned on them is proof of its fallacious nature.

I'm gonna start using it in real life and spread it to Sup Forumstards asap just to piss more people off

t. repressed homosexual

only person who sounds angry here is u

Telling me I'm angry? You must secretly believe I'm calm and want to anger me

Oliver Stone's Alexander was blatantly bisexual.
The Birdcage had Nathan Lane and Robin Williams as a gay couple.

>tfw when someone gives you a (You) they are just secretly taking (Me)s away

Do you think he will ever get a kino? I'd see it.

just gonna make a quick meme here in case any other fucktards missed this point

>lots of artists are gay (literally everybody knows this fuck off)
>gay artists sometimes put gays in their art
>fucking S H O C K E D

W O W
O
W

>did you know? faghags exist.
WHAT XD

Read the article. Some of them are rumors but the ones about Larry Craig, Carl Kruger and Richard Curtis are factual.

You think gay Republicans are a common thing? You sound like a gay republican

obnoxious gays are over represented

Can't help but notice you haven't provided a study supporting your claims. Can you guess why that is?

>Are gays over represented?
Yes, by far. Gays, lesbians and bisexuals all together make up about 2% of the population so if it were proportional, you'd practically never see a faggot on TV, let alone in a leading role. But it's the trendy cause right now for showing how liberated, free of the prejudices of past generations and with it you are, so the deluge continues.

Unfortunately it actually works, too; when you poll Americans a frightening number think gays make up like 30% or 50% of the entire population.

I don't have claims beyond that the inverse argument that is so popular among you faggots is a bunch of bullshit. The fact that you're angry when I use it on you is all the study I need.

You think that's dumb and you don't agree? You secretly agree with me.

but isn't cis white males like 2 percent of earths population?

This is really pathetic dude, why are you embarrassing yourself like this? Do you really want this to be the image you present of yourself? Is this really a valuable use of your time?

Why wouldn't they be? They're closeted for a reason.

>Gays, lesbians and bisexuals all together make up about 2% of the population
Citation needed

You think this is pathetic? You must secretly admire the bold synthesis that I've presented.

Seems like this gay Republician is mad at being outed

Shitposting is against the rules you know.

>my sister's favorites shows
>shows
>NAME ONE MOVIE

Nice reading comprehension faggot. Too many dicks in your face for proper reading?

Upset about shitposting? I see you are a lover of the art of shitting up boards.

Google it yourself you fucking moron

> implying stories we read have to match population numbers
> implying we only can learn for stories that match what the majority of the people are already going through
> implying the uncommon and unseen cannot make for good stories

How many of us have flown spaceships through space or encountered flying luck dragons? Pretty sure that's 0% of the population, but we have movies about those. Even without sci-fi fantasy we have fiction that dives into events that are unlikely or uncommon.

If you think you need fiction to mirror your personal life, then you're probably interested in some very very boring fiction.

t. assblasted (literally) faggot

Angry that your default argument was co opted? You're secretly happy that someone called you out.

movies are full of whites, but there are hardly any whites irl.
it's all chinese and indians.

>(literally everybody knows this fuck off)
you must be actually someone who doesn't know this

K.An earlier report published in April 2011 by the Williams Institute estimated that 3.8 percent of Americans identified as gay/lesbian, bisexual, or transgender: 1.7 percent as lesbian or gay, 1.8 percent as bisexual, and 0.3 percent as transgender.

>movies are full of whites, but there are hardly any whites irl.
there are in the countries that make big movies

isn't murrica like 60% non-white?
why yes it is!

Yes of course. Along with jews and black people.

yes.
there should be strict enforcements of representation quotas for any given piece of media.
the representation of certain groups must not exceed a threshold dictated by statistical data.
this is the world we want to live in apparently.

apparently, techno viking married the man in the video that he shunned and told to walk back to the party convoy.
so if you wanna talk about gays, start with him.
apparently gays are based af.

>i want more fags in my life
go to the local gloryhole my man

>this is the world we want to live in apparently.
yes i want to live in a world where media is for entertainment and not for pushing agendas

correction:
the representation of groups which THAT GUY right here doesn't want to see, must not exceed a threshold dictated by THAT GUY.

why are you trying to push your agenda on it then?
you are implying conflicting things.

No and the Sup Forumstards who flood this thread screaming about incorrect statistics of the total gay population and clamining the % of any gay character in a tv/movie show is well over the real world total gay population and brain dead retarded and couldn't give less of a shit about actually accurate demographic statistics since no one here ever complains that any american tv show/movie doesn't have exactly 10% black characters like there are 10% or more blacks in the US and that they're underrepresented

nothing makes sense until you realize its a depopulation program to bring down the first world so that the elites (whatever term you wish to use, globalists, 0.001%, (((them))), zionists, luciferians) can import unskilled uneducated third-worlders who have never tasted the freedom that the West provided and use them as cheap labor to create their break-away civilization and essentially become gods over a planet of inbred, semi-retarded slaves

Don't like Sup Forums? Sounds like a you're closeted nazi.

5% of the population are fags

just wanted to say I really appreciate what you did in this thread user

>no-one here complains there are too many niggers on Sup Forums
holy fucking reddit way to out yourself newfag

Sounds pretty gay agenda that you're peddling there.