Dat second episode

>dat second episode
looks like trek kino is back on the menu boys!

why is star trek so popular?

none of the shit in this is funny, typical McFaglane failure

good thing then that the macfarlanean "dude casual banter in inappropriate situations" is way turned down this episode, which works perfectly fine as a legitimate star trek episode

palicki legs
palicki legs
palicki legs
palicki legs
palicki legs
palicki legs

She's a big girl.

Seriously, she's almost 6' tall.

who cares she kicked ass on aos hopefully she will get some nice moments here also

would love having those legs wrapped around me

Seth really upped the pop culture references count in this episode though. Wish he'd trim that stuff down some.

I'm not even going to bother with Star Trek -
Diversity. The Orville is scratching that itch pretty well so far.

The show is set, what, 4 ot 500 years in the future? That they'd still have a working knowledge of our pop culture beggars belief. I have no idea with them being casual but they should be making references to their own pop culture which we would understand via context. Granted that assumes they're capable of writing at that level which may be asking for too much.

I'm going to give it a shot, but I have low expectations.

I hated this episode.

>dude weed edibles lmao
>awkward parents lol
>non-stop middle aged couple humor
>gonna need to take a shot of tequila for this one! lolz

I wish they'd bring some actual, original jokes to the table

I really hate when show do that. I think it is one of the things that killed Almost Human.

Shakespeare and opera survived for centuries (while admittedly not truly popular culture). I just thing they are going for the big bang theory TV show audience.

Because they take contemporary conflicts and issues then place them in a science fiction setting resulting in an activation of the almonds.

absolutely loved the second episode

i expected her to say she traded the kermit the frog stuffed toy making them believe it's an extremely rare species

>mom: i'm glad you're still friends after the infidelity
>*pause*
>mom: was it worth it?
kek'd

>kek'd

Star Trek has always done this. Data plays Sherlock on the holodeck. Tom Paris does black-and-white cheesy sci-fi. Riker likes jazz. They're never into future things.

Why does she have brows now?

There's always at least a mention of Caprice Squares, or some other future sport that's popular.

calm down, little girl

Because it literally drills into people's autism. Normies think it's about morality plays and allegories when it's really about how many pips a lieutenant commander has on his uniform and the history if the tzenkathi war.

>The show is set, what, 4 ot 500 years in the future? That they'd still have a working knowledge of our pop culture beggars belief.
I kinda liked that implication in TNG that post-nuclear dark age had distorted perception of culture to the point where trashy pulp detective stories were considered classics on par with Shakespeare and Greek classics. VOY kinda ruined that aspect with characters implying that Paris had bizarre taste with his pulp and b-movie obsession while refined renaissance man like Jean-Luc Picard also loved at least pulp.

Spocks brows were changed after the pilot as well.

Picard was pulp aficionado as well.

two episodes in
its not even star trek

nope

the reason why sci-fi fans love sci-fi. entertaining and enjoyable adventure and discovery.

>Spocks brows were changed after the pilot as well.

i did not notice that. what did spock's eyebrows look like in pilot? or was this the pre-shatner pilot?

I disagree, and I think in part its why theres such a large schism between trek and star wars fans.
Star Wars always seemed less about philosphy and focused more on the exploration and personal growth
Trek to me was never that exciting in terms of worldbuilding but the dialogue and exploration of interesting theories and concepts.
they both have their strengths, but they aim to achieve different goals

grow up kiddo

its pretty mature comedy

wish i had that machine for poppy seed tea...

i did not know there was a schism between star trek and star wars fans. i like both for the same reason: they're enjoyable and entertaining. but the reasons why they're enjoyable and entertaining for me are different. star trek because of seeking out new life and new civilizations while star wars because jedi duels and space battles.

>i did not notice that. what did spock's eyebrows look like in pilot? or was this the pre-shatner pilot?
Yep, change happened between Cage and Where No Man Has Gone Before.Spocks original more bushy eyebrows were too demonic for NBC.

>too demonic

ah yes, now i remember reading about that. in an episode natives of a planet accused spock of being a demon. was that an in-joke referring to nbc's change of eyebrows?

also, did spock do his signature eyebrow-raise in the cage? his eyebrows there were already raised high if he raised them further i think they would be going sideways. it's been years i've seen the cage so i don't remember.

Not even trying to be a dick, but how old are you? Star Trek vs Star Wars is a rivalry as old as nerd time. I enjoy both though Star Wars is better

I bet Seth Macfarlene went to CBS first and said he wanted to do a Star Trek comedy series called the Orville but the retarded executives balked at the idea

i would throw soapie-shows-pretending-to-be-scifi like sgu and bsg to the deepest pits of hell.

i'm not as young as i could have been but not as old as you might think.

but now i do vaguely recall coming across some references to startrek/starwars rivalry like one scene in a comedy movie.

bsg had two fantastic seasons though

It's not star trek, it's a satire

Nice meme. Both the pic and the content of your post.

>Laugh at klingon trump supporters in new trek
>Orville portrays my people as space mongols
Reeee~

i was worried for the show going all AYY LMAO with the captains being thrown out of the zoo because of smoking weed all day

the kardashian thing really redeemed the entire episode

So other than being vaguely trek nostalgic what is good about this show? It fails on every other level. For christ's sake this is seth macfarlane we're talking about here

>ywn feel Ensign Alara's soft yet inhumanly strong hands close around your throat like a vice

>"Satanic tier"
>Not "vacuum tier"

>watch show bored to tears for an hour
>it's all redeemed by a joke in the last two minutes.
Simpleton

This.

to put it simple, sci fi takes the great unknown and fills it with knowns

i mean isn't it comfortable to believe that alien civilisation adhere to almost the same values as we do

I believe he did, yes.

What can I bitch about so my worthless life has a little bit of meaning?

>defending the eyebrow change
>suggesting the Orville is even more of a rip off of star trek
Spock had eyebrows first and last, she had none, and had different anatomy.
In the first episode, she had a Ridge on her nose, and now it's gone. The whole prosthetic that was on her brow and nose is gone. They panicked, realizing she is unappealing, and changed the whole character. I really don't see this finishing a season. It promotes cuckoldry too, which is a sin btw

akshully, hair growth is hair growth complaining about eyebrows is complaining about riker's beard

i don't bother looking for something to bitch about. it takes too much time. i just scream at random posts on page 1. or reply t.reddit to random posts on Sup Forums.

I thought both the episodes were boring as both narrative and comedy.

so who is winning? the new trek or the clone?

>about protag's feelings and emotions as she navigates relationship landmines
>about klingon's family drama
>ex-o is roomie with cadet they'll be having heart-to-heart talks about their love lives
>klingons are now dressed like lady gaga

std is not star trek. it's a soapie show for supergirl fangirls and ladygaga dramaqueens.

I knew something seemed different.
She had no eyebrows in the pilot

Honestly I would say Orville is closer to "real" trek than Discovery in almost every way. Discovery is nothing more than anti-white, anti-male, anti-hetero propaganda over a mirthless diversity, privilege, and correct pronouns lecture.

the shill is stale

Better than std bro if you like trek then this is atleast better than voy

I really want to caress those ridges in her ear

>better than voy
You're a tasteless faggot. This is objectively horrible to watch

>too demonic for NBC
You misspelled sexy,user.

Yeah, a Stargate fan would make such a retarded list.

I think console wars for shows is infantile. I enjoy Orville and will watch it unless the quality falls of a cliff. I hope STD is good, if it is not, I will not watch it. I honestly think the only people bashing the other show are paid shills or people that have a financial interest in either show.

This. Hoping both fail is just retarded

All were fantastic in some regard. Even the writer's strike episodes were good if you like jarring changes in pace and tone.
I do. I liked how the characters stagnated, progressed and regressed in very realistic ways due to the break in narrative.

>unless the quality falls of a cliff
aint no cliff on a rock bottom sweetie

The use of weed wasn't funny, I'm not some faggot that thinks everyone needs to be straight edge or something but it's just so damn forced, all so they can have some semi-romantic conversation. There are too many MacFarlane tropes popping up now for me to enjoy it properly, which is a shame because there's some decent trek stuff and humour within the show.

thanks sugartits

Poppy seed tea tastes absolutely disgusting.

>thought she was a cute nerd
>turns out shes a stacey
s-she likes s-star trek tho r-right?
s-shes not a f-fake n-nerd girl who likes s-star w-wars r-right?

>sweetie

campgay flamers are such attention whores they can't resist announcing their dramaqueenery when they post

>stacey who pretends to like your nerd shit but actually laughs at you for it
my dick

mad pleb detected

That was a specific joke this ep
The humans kept making references that no one got, and were terrible at explaining.
It's a spoof of tng. They did that shit with worf and data all the time.

>Dude weed edibles
It was a set up to how they were self medicating with drugs and alcohol rather than dealing with the problems. We then see them do just that in the zoo

Same thing happened with worf and quark

Motherfuckers didn't even free Ockor, that giant hairy thing that had been imprisoned for 31 years.

He can't even stretch out or turn around in his tiny cell.

He just sits there, rapidly swaying his head back and forth; driven insane by sadness and loneliness and physical pain..

>FREE MY NIGGA OCKOR
they did free that green kid

It's Trek + jokes. Only gay tranny nigger jews hate this show.

I'd add space dandy into high tier and bump up andromeda to low-mid tier and enterprise to mid tier

So is voy enjoy star trek diversity hire

Not wanting startrek diversity to fail because you know its obly going to push political nonsense

>stargate
>anything but trash
>farscape
>anything but mediocre
>red dwarf
>anything but dog crap
>>>>>>>>>

I love this show. I'm going to keep watching. I don't care what people think.

I'm very sick of all the slow drama shit. This show is fun, and sometimes, we just need fun.

>alt-righters so desperate to hate on STD and muh SJW that they are going to like a Seth MacFarlane show
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHQAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

bump stargate atlantis to high tier, and send SG universe,caprica,crusade and enterprise to satanic tier.

>blakes's 7
are you me? i thought i was the only one who watched that on pbs after doctor who!

damn, what's her foot game like?

She wanted a smaller head piece, and refused to shave her eyebrows

Eyebrows are part of acting so I could see how she would want them.

(You)

>roddenberry had a dream of a united humanity
>discotrash seems to have abandoned the dream
>Orville seems to be the dream with dick jokes

I am OK with this.

I just started watching 2nd episode.
As a huge trek fan I unironically found myself laughing just 2 minutes in. It's also hitting all the TNG notes perfectly.

Just watched the first episode. This show would be so much better without the shitty humor.

If Seth MacFarlane said he wanted to do a classic Star Trek for CBS with just a little bit of comedy, and they turned it down

they made a huge mistake. You can tell that somebody who made The Orville really really gets /trek/ life and made this show Star Trek.

I can't wait tell ol Seth starts shoving his liberal propaganda into this disaster

When I saw Seth Macfarlane in the advertisements I thought it was just gonna be a live action Family Guy but with a Star-Trek skin.

Now people are saying it's actually quite in spirit with the original show and Seth the Hack actually put some effort into one of his projects. I just don't know who to believe.

The next episode, "About a Girl", is about the daughter of Bortus, the very first female member of Bortus' (formerly) all-male species.

Directed by Brannon Braga.

Get ready.

Costs nothing to try it out, babe.