youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im looking forward to it.

Mother was a one time watch.

I saw it

I enjoyed jlaws nips and thicc ass.

Enjoyed the dead baby.

It was le bible movie.

Lynch is superior in making weird films.

I can't wait. They're going to tear it apart.

>so Jay what did you think of Mother?
>I thought it was great! It was a really smart film that I feel like a lot of critics didn't get
>WELL I FUCKING HATED IT

t. someone who will become butthurt after watching the review

are you kidding? Jay is going to be creaming his pants over this. It's pretentious arthouse horror garbage like everything he loves

No, Jay hates pretentiousness. He'll hate it.

But Jay likes it when women get hurt in movies.

Jay would love it if it would be a b-movie no one knows so he can act smug about it.

>people still take RLM seriously after they have Jurassic World a positive review

jurassic park was great wtf?

>a positive review

Jay disliked it, Mike enjoyed it on a schlock level. Hardly positive at all

>Lynch is superior in making weird films.
Lynch WAS good. After the shit show that was Season 3 it's best that he stop.

Also, Mother was pretty good. Stop being such a pleb.

Reminder they unironically thought Baby Driver and Spider-Man Homecoming were great films. Not even on a "shlock level", or "it's so bad it's good", they genuinely thought they were good films.

>alright Jay, what did you think of....MOTHER!

>shows clip from some irrelevant shitty movie from 1992 called Mother thats about some stupid puppet alien or something

>Jay: "HEHE! I thought it was...okaaayyy"

>Mike: *hold a stone face for a few seconds "it was the worst thing I have ever seen"

>Jay: "HAHAHAHAH!"

>h-h-ha h-ha I can't wait for my internet friends who I parrot all the time to tear this film apart and validate my shitty opinions
>nope, I haven't even seen the film but it stars Jennifer Lawrence and she's icky!

More like it's directed by Aronofsky who is a pretentious hack.

>We weren't planning on doing a video about mother!
No shit. They only ever choose to review the most banal crap. It's so uncharacteristic of them to actually a review a film for a change instead of the box office capeshit drivel that obviously brings in views.
>but then we saw mother!
Typical Jay baiting. I can't wait to hear his asinine "critique" where he foolishly tries to pretend like he knows about what he's talking about.

>you're right, it wasn't THAT good

I haven't seen the film, but why is it causing so much discussion? I'm actually interested in seeing it to see if it's really bad..

And then Sup Forums is going to cry for days about how they're plebs who only like capeshit.

toasty roastie

wow that bitch is TRIGGERED AF

>So Jay what did you think of Mother!
>I liked it
>Really? Because I thought it was shit
>Well I WANTED to like it...

>well jay what did you think of mother! ?
>i think it was good
>REALLY?
>i mean, it wasn't THAT good

>why is it causing so much discussion?
Because of embarrassingly faux-intellectual symbolism that hits you over the head with how blatant it is.

sure kid like they did with TFA oh wait...

It wasn't really positive. Jay thought it was ok, Mike thought it was dumb fun.

No they didnt. They said Spider-man was better than the dumpster fire they expected and better than the previous shit spider-man flicks. They said Baby Driver was a decent film but it tried so hard to be cool like other movies that did it better like Drive or GotG. Both said they were ok but nothing special.

>This delusional freak show is two hours of pretentious twaddle that tackles religion, paranoia, lust, rebellion, and a thirst for blood in a circus of grotesque debauchery to prove that being a woman requires emotional sacrifice and physical agony at the cost of everything else in life, including life itself. That may or may not be what Aronofsky had in mind, but it comes as close to a logical interpretation as any of the other lunk-headed ideas I’ve read or heard. The reviews, in which a group of equally pretentious critics frustratingly search for a deeper meaning, are even nuttier than the film itself. Using descriptions like “hermeneutic structure,” “phantasmagoric fantasia,” “cinematic Rorsach test” and “extended scream of existential rage,” they sure know how to leave you laughing.

>One critic says it’s a satire on the chaos the dysfunctional world has been turned into by Donald Trump. Another says the title refers to the role played by Jennifer Lawrence, the director’s current personal squeeze and cinematic muse, whom he slobbers over in endlessly annoying close-ups that emphasize her flaws and rob the viewer of the power of self-discovery. One reviewer says she plays the quintessential Earth mother who works feverishly to restore balance to a planet Earth that is being constantly torn apart by wickedness and savagery. I love the review that compares the movie to the “lancing of a boil.” They all insist mother! is a metaphor for something, although they are not quite sure what it is. ...

>The New York Times critic arrogantly warns in his review: “Don’t listen to anyone who natters on about how intense or disturbing it is.” Sorry, pal, but a mob that burns a screaming baby and its mother alive, then turns cannibal, eats the baby and rips its heart out to flush down the toilet while Patti Smith sings about the end of the world pretty much fits my definition of both “intense” and “disturbing.” What’s yours?

>Nothing about mother! makes one lick of sense as Darren Aronofsky’s corny vision of madness turns more hilarious than scary. With so much crap around to clog the drain, I hesitate to label it the “Worst movie of the year” when “Worst movie of the century” fits it even better.

mike gushing over Force Awakens was the real jump the shark moment.

Mother! truly is a kafkaesque, lovecraftian, Orwellian experience with a dash of Kubrickan and nolanesque influence

>Weeeeell... I didn't 'LOVE' it...

>People still like RLM after Mike refused to actually nitpick Force Awakens for the Plinkett review and just said it was 'good'

You can tell he's afraid to try and is worried one bad Plinkett review might ruin his internet 'legacy'.

>Don't make fun of what people can't change!
>You think skin is gonna affect your tiny dick??

What a retard.

Hey OP, do you let RLM know that you leak their Patreon exclusive posts to Sup Forums? You should let them know; I'm sure they'd really appreciate it.

>a mob that burns a screaming baby and its mother alive, then turns cannibal, eats the baby and rips its heart out to flush down the toilet while Patti Smith sings about the end of the world
haha holy shit, is this for real? literal definition of trying too hard, how could anyone say this is deep?

Yeah how could he possibly like that movie that received a mostly positive reception?

Christ, user, it's been two years and you're still absolutely buttblasted that Mike didn't validate your opinion on a corny space adventure movie for kids. How embarrassing.

Not really. It's just obvious that Mike didn't put the same care and attention into it that made his videos popular in the first place. He was just coasting on making it as non-offensive and bland as possible.

Or, you know, he liked the movie more than you.

Mike's been phoning this shit in for the last 3 years.

lmao dumb roastie cunt with MEATFLAPS

It seems more like he's come to accept that the series he was invested in as a child/teen has died and doesn't care anymore but he needs to be the Plinkett character and did it because it's what the RLM audience wants and what made him popular.

He doesn't NEED to do Plinkett anymore though. There hadn't been a Plinkett review in something like three years and RLM's channel, subs, Patreon, etc continued to grow just fine during that time.

Mate there was a Plinkett review last month.

I meant before the TFA video obviously, dumbass. You know, the one we've been discussing.

Check RLM's most viewed videos. They're still the Plinkett reviews from 8-10 years ago.

When Half in the Bag first started about 5-6 years ago it was much less popular than the Plinkett reviews, and it still is to a lesser degree. The youtube subscriber numbers also grew very slowly until about 2014 when they started rising faster. They squandered the fanbase.

Their youtube subscribers grew slowly until 2014 because up until then, they used to post their videos primarily to Blip and not youtube.

That isn't my post.

I feel like rewatching the Plinkett videos it's obvious it's a guy reading a script in a funny voice

It took a rewatch for you to realize that? Are you retarded?

Yeah, comparing it to everyone talking during a Best of the Worst shows how scripted it is. Other people on youtube that use scripts have managed to combine the two really well, though,

you know what I mean idiot

No I don't. I seriously don't. Did you somehow think at one point that the Plinkett reviews were improvised?

>Jay: I liked it a lot
>Mike: it was pretentious garbage
>Jay: well, I do think there were a bunch of problems with it
I'm expecting a classic walk back

No, but the ideal thing would be to come up as if they're not reading at all even though they are. It's funnier that way

>I enjoyed jlaws nips
ah she got nude in it?

That would explain why everyone is buthurt it flopeed.

Why would you expect something that has never happened outside of a Sup Forums meme?

At around the 2-3 year mark fa/tv/irgins start seeing any commentary as insanely positive if it isn't calling it trash every other sentence. You grow out of it in about another two years.

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE

>Rip off is better than the actual video

Jay and Mike both literally said baby driver was Wrights worst film and that it was massively overrated

I hope this episode of Half in the Bag advances the plot

Wait you're saying that they thought two critically acclaimed films that were also welll received by audiences were good????

So this is where RLM is now? Reviewing movies not because they want to show what they think is worth watching and avoiding, but picking their movies because of positive/negative buzz for clickbait purposes?

Are you illiterate?

You really think RLM would do a HiTB on this movie if it wasn't generating headline after headline on how people hate it?

>durrr up until now, RLM has never reviewed movies that are popular and making headlines
Are you really this much of an idiot?

>Mike, what did you think of "Mother!"

>I thought it was pretty good actually.

>Mike will never give enough of a fuck about capeshit to do a Mr. Plinkett series on the DCEU and send Sup Forums into a crybaby bitch apocalypse
feels awful man

Are you seriously this stupid or are you just in it for the (you)s?

Sup Forums never had threads about RLM just a few years ago. Now they have one every day

>73 posts
>33 posters

Why are RLM fans this way?

I'll be so fucking glad when this Lynch meme dies out.

>newfag detected

Forgive me for wanting to hold RLM to a standard slightly higher than Buzzfeed

hahahahaha
L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

You're only allowed to post once? That's like two posts per person.

Hopefully you're talking about your family, and what will happen to each and every one of you.

hitb and botw routinely get upwards of 500k views, concentrating on those is the smart move since it takes far less work and they can get more content out there on a semi consistent basis. I think they should retire the plinkett review shtick entirely

Plinkett is sort of a throwback to the days where everyone wanted to be a Nostalgia Critic or an AVGN.

well to be fair the plinkett reviews are leagues better than anything those clowns produced. It had a bit more meat to it than Doug Walker screaming at the camera and I actually gleaned a few things about the mechanics of filmmaking and how to structure a story from them. It's time though that plinkett was put out to pasture, the same holds with Nerd Crew, they are really streaking that joke out a little too far

Jesus Christ. RLM makes multiple 1 hour+ videos a month where they discuss movies in depth. They are literally nothing like Buzzfeed and you're just intentionally acting like a moron.

Thinking about taking my 56 year old mom to see this and telling her as lititle about it as possible

She'd probably react to it the way one of the 4 people in my theater did: by walking out halfway through