/trek/ - Fuck you, I'm hyped Edition

Only 6 more days until Discovery takes flight, Sup Forums...

>Episode 1.01: “The Vulcan Hello”
While the crew members aboard the USS Shenzhou patrol through the far reaches of Federation space, they encounter a certain object of indeterminate origins, which presents a considerable challenge for the ship’s first officer.

>Episode 1.02: “Battle at the Binary Stars”
The binary star system this title refers to has been a centerpiece of much of the Discovery promotion we’ve seen to date, the location where the USS Shenzou seems to discover the ancient Klingon obelisk vessel on which Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) encounters the Klingon torchbearer warrior.

>Episode 1.03: “Context is for Kings”
The title for episode three of Star Trek Discovery (to be released on October 1st in US and Canada) is “Context is for Kings.” There is no episode description, so the meaning is anyone’s guess. There is an alliterative similarity to The Original Series episode titled “The Conscience of the King.”

>Episode 1.04: “The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry”
The fourth episode titled “The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry” will be released on October 8th. This title may be long, but it’s still shorter than the TOS episode title “For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky.” The reference to a knife may not be literal, but we have seen some nasty looking Klingon knives for Discovery.

Woah, women are strong!

>Sonequa Martin-Green as Michael Burnham
First officer of the USS Shenzhou, referred to as "Number One". She was raised as a Vulcan by Sarek, and is the first human to attend the Vulcan Learning Center and Vulcan Science Academy.

>Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou
Captain of the Shenzhou. Yeoh described the character as an explorer who "loved the universe" and particularly "the possibility of seeing new stars", but also someone who "has seen the horrors of war". Georgiou has a "mother and daughter" relationship with Burnham after the latter joins the Shenzhou.

>Fuck you, I'm hyped Edition

user I know you are mad, but don't say 'fuck you' say "fuck NBC" we know it's them you are really upset with.

>James Frain as Sarek
A Vulcan astrophysicist, the father of Spock, and the surrogate father of Michael Burnham. Frain appears as a younger version of the character who was first portrayed by Mark Lenard in the original Star Trek series.

>Doug Jones as Saru
A Science Officer serving as a lieutenant aboard the Discovery, and the first Kelpien to enter Starfleet. Kelpiens, a new species created for Discovery, were hunted as prey on their home planet and thus evolved the ability to sense the coming of death. They have a reputation for cowardice in the Federation.

Really hoping her character dies early, she can't act to save her life

>Anthony Rapp as Paul Stamets
A Science Officer specializing in astromycology (the study of fungi in space). The character is inspired by a real-life mycologist of the same name. He is the first openly gay character in a Star Trek series, and the showrunners "wanted to roll out that character's sexuality the way people would roll out their sexuality in life"

God I fucking hate prequels

>Jason Isaacs as Gabriel Lorca
Captain of the Discovery, a "brilliant military tactician". Isaacs described the character as "probably more fucked up than any of" the previously seen Star Trek captains.

>certain object of indeterminate origins
If this turns out to be something from an alien race we already know or something from an old Trek episode I'll drop it so hard. If it actually turns out to be something original I'll give the rest a chance.

>Mary Wiseman as Silvia Tilly
A cadet in her final year at Starfleet Academy, assigned to the Discovery. She works under Stamets aboard the Discovery, and becomes roommates there with Burnham.

>the way people would roll out their sexuality in life
I don't think I've ever "rolled out" my sexuality

>Rainn Wilson as Harry Mudd:
A charismatic con-man. Wilson portrays a younger version of the character played by Roger C. Carmel in the original Star Trek series. He described his version as "a reimagining, a reinvention in the same way so many things have been reimagined and reinvented. He's a bit more dastardly than the original. But that character made such an impression on me and it is a dream come true to try to bring him to life with as much drama and comedy as possible."

>Wilson Cruz as Hugh Culber
Medical Officer of the Discovery. Culber is Stamets' love interest and partner.

why not make her an actual vulcan character instead of all that human adopted by vulcan rigmarole? typical female logic.

>Kenneth Mitchell as Kol
Commanding Officer of the Klingons, and protege of T'Kuvma. Kol is a member of the house of Kor, a character portrayed by John Colicos in the original series.

STD WILL GIVE YOU AIDS

>Mary Chieffo as L'Rell
Battle Deck Commander of the Klingon ship. L'Rell is a member of both the house of T'Kuvma and the house of Mo'Kai, the latter having been first mentioned during Star Trek: Voyager.

>Chris Obi as T'Kuvma
The leader of an ancient Klingon house who is looking to unite all of the Klingon houses. He rules his house by the laws of Kahless, the Klingon messiah, and names himself the second coming of the messiah.

The second there's some forced gay romantic scene I'll drop it like a ton of bricks. I don't have a problem with people being gay but that's not what Trek is about

>A cadet in her final year at Starfleet Academy, assigned to the Discovery. She works under Stamets aboard the Discovery, and becomes roommates there with Burnham.
XO that bunks in same room as fucking cadet. They are even more disconnected from IRL military than any of actual Trek shows.

feh. not interested. it's not true star trek the same way sgu is not true stargate. they're both soapie-style shows for relationship drama fangirls.

the actors when talking about the show do not talk about adventures or discovering stuff they talk about how "my character will mentor her" or how "my character is going through a tough time" and chick show stuff like that.

kill yourself, libcuck shill. this show is going to be trash. star trek is dead. only tos, tng and ds9 exist

>probably more fucked up than any of" the previously seen Star Trek captains.
Them some mighty strong words there buddy!

>this faggot trying to garner interest in STD by starting a /trek/ general with it

KILL YOURSELF

You know you've ruined the general, right?

>26 replies
>9 posters

Welp, we all can see what it going on in this thread

>mfw it gets lower ratings than Orville

Reminder the plot of Discovery was leaked here months ago. user leaked the Kahless cult subplot

Black Klingon isn't Kahless reborn he's a genetic reincarnation of one of Kahless followers. The real Kahless reincarnation is a Klingon who works as a bartender on a federation ship (no i'm not joking) who was raised by an human couple from Ireland. He is played by Allen leech. Literally the anti-worf. He has no interest in Klingon culture despite being Kahless reincarnation. But eventually has to get involved to bring peace. He's the real main character not Michael. Might actually be salvageable boys.

I was interested that there's a gay character but immediately lost interest seeing his pic. He's not young and handsome.

>Might actually be salvageable boys.
>that horseshit plot you just typed
>salvageable

FFS who writes this shit?

I've got a bad feeling about this

>not about trekking
>just a soapie drama

They should've made Kahless reincarnation a Ferengi.

>/trek/

STD IS NOT STAR TREK

#STDisSoapOperaNotStarTrek

I read that original post too, it actually sounds a lot better in the original post than how that user described it.

Also the Klingon Bartender Senan, is the original Kahless not a clone, has amnesia. He and Michael get kinky. He Kills T'Kumva but dies too.

lol THAT i would love to watch

This. How come nobody spotted this?

>USS Shenzhou

Oh for fucks sakes....

What video game is this?

This show is going to be SO great, that CBS decided not to let anyone review it beforehand so nobody gets spoiled!

Thank you CBS!

>Shenzhou

definitely not star trek

they spotted it but too late name has already been announced and marketed so they decided to pretend it was their plan all along. the fact the makers of the show act and backpedal like Sup Forums gives you an indication of the show's quality.

>hate seth macfartland
>see the std shit show from a mile away
>have to reconcile staring at the most punch-able face in show business to get my comfy aspiration sci-fi fix every week

worst timeline

Sure looks like shilling in here

>talks like a faggot using words like "comfy"
>complains about Seth McFarland

Punch yourself in the face nigger

Claimed

>Black Klingon isn't Kahless reborn he's a genetic reincarnation of one of Kahless followers.
> real Kahless reincarnation is a Klingon who works as a bartender

Fresh plotlines general?

> no interest in Klingon culture despite being Kahless reincarnation

Kahless is a mythical figure. The plot in TNG worked well because it was the culmination of the desire of the faithful to have their messiah so they literally make him. He then becomes a spiritual figurehead even though he's a creation, since he's also filled with all the myths about Kahless.

But in this show they instead had a literal incarnation. Uh, how? So he's ACTUALLY some kind of deity/godlike hero? There's an actual afterlife? Except not really because he then works in a bar with no memories of his legend. That sounds pretty dumb and it raises questions that could just upend everything established in all of Trek.

hey seth

LOSER

>the Klingon Bartender Senan, is the original Kahless not a clone, has amnesia. He and Michael get kinky

Oh so not only is he the same Kahless of legend but he's a literal fag to boot? Jesus fucking christ.

>the showrunners "wanted to roll out that character's sexuality the way people would roll out their sexuality in life"

So not at all?

Michael's the black girl

Nah, even retarded writers would know not to touch the k man reincarntation since that was already covered in ds9 and it would be known if some retard was previously the reincarnation.

>roll out their sexuality
>roll out

weirdly flamboyant way of talking. are the people behind this show campgay flamers?

stop with the fucking lens flare

the roomies thing is just a plot device so they can have angsty roomie love-hate plotlines. girls love that sort of thing.

>James Frain

I have to say that I've enjoyed most of the series this guy has been in recently. He's excellent and a top notch choice to play a Vulcan. I'm a bit more excited about this now.

>burnham and tilly are sexually frustrated roomies with burnham as the power top and tilly as the understudy

GET HYPE

wouldn't he have "rolled out his sexuality" years and years before the show even starts

Stay out of my territory, bitch

Roddenberry wrote an entire unproduced episode full of forced gay romance.

>that's not what Trek is about

Trek has romantic soap opera bullshit happening all the time. Don't pretend that just because this aspect of trek has broadened out to include gays, it somehow changes the franchise. For god's sake, there's even inter-species sex in star trek. I'm as heterosexual as the next heterosexual, maybe more, but don't think for a second your opinion relates to the series beyond your mere homophobic position.

it will probably be more like those heart-to-heart talk scenes between girl friends that you see in chick shows where they bawwww about their angsty relationships with others.

they look less like Trump supporters and more like caricatures of African Tribes

that and the fact that you have to take a strong proud black woman and make her a man... STD is racist as fuck

>a first officer is bunked with a cadet in a starship

chick logic.

The shows have been explicit on numerous occasions that Starfleet is not a military.

c'mon, it's clear that tilly will be seduced by burnham's command authority. she will be equally frustrated as she is intrigued by it. even it's just in one episode, this scenario definitely needs to be pursued or played out in some way- if only to placate retards like myself.

The 4th episode could easily be a giallo title

It's going to be the enemy Klingon ship.

Literally every single sci-fi anything these days is a young woman finding herself story.

Getting really tired of it.

Is he the token faggot? He looks like a faggot.

So are there going to be two ships? Why is it called Discovery if the two main characters are on the Shenzou?

5 bucks says that at some point in the series he'll have a son named Luther Sloan.