How come Voldemort never tried to conquer America?

How come Voldemort never tried to conquer America?
I have a feeling that America had so powerful wizards that he didn't even dare to try.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=kOPOGwhYe3k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm american and I'd rather live in the uk, the uk countryside, scotland europe etc.

are you overweight and watch doctor who too you teaboo scum

>dude we execute people bathing them in acid
american wizards were retarded.

Wizards in Harry Potter are complete shit and the lack of defensive wards means any random mudblood with a gun can shoot them that
Learn to fucking stoneskin you dumb wizards

Because he was one of the dullest villains in the history of movie franchises.

Judging by Fantastic beasts, I'd just say America doesn't fuck around with magic assholes. I mean throughout the entirety of the HP movies the people that are trying to hold things together or police behavior are basically teachers and a principal. America had like a magical detective force and suppression squad. It was the smart move on Voldemort's part, right? Why fuck around with all that shit when you could just run wild over a bunch of school employees who try and solve crimes in their spare time? There doesn't even seem to be a prison staff that was trained as guards, it's just those wraith things that will apparently attack damn near anyone. I think the UK all in all was just a softer target more so than America having superior magicians.

Well because then it clearly wouldn't be one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

he was trying to establish a power base in the UK first, conquer the homeland, then use the combined effort of the British wizards to conquer the rest of the planet.

no point invading America, if he cant even be seen to conquer his home country

If you're going to put absolutely no effort in just stop posting the pasta. You're a fucking mess.

This isn't for your amusement you uncultured swine. These movies are absolute bottom of the barrel shit just like mandrama.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED, HUH???
IT LITERALLY HAPPENED, OP! I can't even laugh!

>This isn't for your amusement you uncultured swine

Yes it is. Do it right or don't do it at all you cretin.

DID HE FEAR THE FAT MEXICAN SORCERER?

Because they have guns.

Guns do not work around wizards tho

nice bait eurocuck, none of us wanna live in your mudslime hellhole

>Be American wizard
>get shot

>Be european wizard
>Get raped

Seriously fuck you the ripping on americans meme is getting old

Says who

Rowling said that Voldemort would have been fucked by anyone with a gun.

but america fucking sucks

That makes the battle of Hogwarts dumber. Only british people would rather have hundreds of children die than use a firearm in self defense.

cause he cures about millennia old ancestry and blood lines while america is only a few hundred years old.
also niggers and guns

coz of the prophecy

Rowling is a stupid shitty writer and if you ever try to look for logic explanations for the plot holes in her stories you are even dumber than her

>Rowling is a stupid shitty writer
I hate this meme

If English Wizards use fake Latin for their spells, what do non-English Wizards use?

She is, whether she was a good writer in the past or not is a different matter altogether but her last books prove with 100% certainty that she didn't knew what she was doing.

Why not Spain? Why not the Philipines? Why not Papua New Guinea? What has America got to do with anything? You call everyone OBSESSED if they dare mention the US without being from there, but then as soon as you aren't getting attention from the rest of the world you complain about that too. The story is set in England because that's where the writer happens to be from, and that's it.

t. triggered third worlder

i just watched a video about his origins and he literally went to bulgaira of all places multiple times but never went to america.

t. 56% white

He'd get fucking shot that why. Fuck your patronius here's my AR

im american and wanna live in wales.

i wish i could walk out and go some place ancient or go to a 100 year old pub

Good taste user. In Swansea there's a 900 year old castle just slap bang in the middle of town surrounded by shops and bars. It's a perfectly normal thing to see in a country that has actual history.

this

Im British and I want to live in Baltimore

It's a nice city with more history than my shithole of a country

>Rowling
>Worldbuilding
Pick one and only one.

>american wizards

What country?

YOU'RE TRESPASSING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY, HARRY

Please learn to google. There really is one popular Baltimore in the world.

I mean what country in Britain are you from you aspergers fuck?

American wizards were gangsters armed with unicorn cocks. No one wants to touch that except the wizard police

Just admit that you were wrong, idiot.

I think it should be really obvious to anyone that I was asking which country you are from, as opposed to me asking what country Baltimore is in. Even if I somehow didn't know where Baltimore is, there's no way I would embarass myself by asking it on an imageboard, and especially when I have a search engine right there that can get the answer for me in one second.
Now tell me what fucking country you're from, cunt.

>100 year old pub
Quite a few in New Orleans

Nah, fuck you. You're a real piece of shit.

Look, it's always tempting when you get the opportunity to be smug and condescending, and the average level of intelligence on this website is so low that I don't blame you for assuming the most stupid possible interpretation of a question. But if you go back through the comment chain you have to admit that it's pretty obvious what question I was asking, and I don't appreciate you calling me an idiot because you chose to horribly misinterpret my post. To be honest, you insulted me a little bit. But I'm not even going to ask you to apologize, all I want is for you to answer the simple question I put to you and we'll be cool.

nah

confirmed for false-flagging burger

>A well-regulated auror militia, being necessary to the security of a Free Wizarding State, the right of the people to learn and cast unforgivable curses, shall not be infringed.
What did Rowling mean by this?

>ripping on americans is old
>using the same tired rapefugee meme

Best city in the world.

>>>lit
>>>\lit\
>>/lit/

>100 years old
Not even impressive. 600 year old ones are common in europe

England
>nearly 90% white
>rolling hills and brooding skies
>1000 year old abbeys, pubs and castles in most towns
USA
>56% white
>no history, everything looks the same
>too hot

>who the fuck cares you alt-right baby
>opinion
>what

So was Voldemort stronger that Dumbeldore? Didn't Dumble have that OP as fuck wand with him the whole time and Voldemort was able to stand toe to toe with him with a shitty inferior wand during that one movie?

that's why we've never been invaded by a foreign wizard army, everyone knows how to use death curses

The most fucked up part is they make them dive into it like a happy memory. American magic society are psychopaths.

It's so great after Katrina chased out half the dindus.

The big rainy Klansman in the sky is always welcome.

>be Voldemort
>try and carry out a terrorist attack in America
>get shot

But seriously though, Harry Potter only works if you ignore guns. You could pull the trigger a hell of a lot faster than it would take for a wizard to say some faggy spell. Which is largely why it wouldn't work in America.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=kOPOGwhYe3k

Elder wand making you strong was largely bullshit. Dumbledore was at least as strong as voldemort but sacrificed himself obi wan style for muh symbolism

You need a copypasta about how JK Rowling's interpretation of wizarding America is comically half-baked and bland from its generic "Magical Native American" tropes that completely defang the darker parts of their mythology in favor of some Pocahontas bullshit to how the only other magic thing she heard about in American history/folklore is the Salem Witch Trials and that the entire American Wizarding culture revolves around that single event to such a degree that American Wizards aren't allowed to be fucking Americans and have very strict magic gun control laws and government surveillance.

It's so bad that Potterheads started turning on Rowling. Not just SJWs bitching about cultural appropriation or whatever, people just hated how this backstory for a forgettable spinoff movie just came off as something JK researched entirely by skimming random Wikipedia pages and never digging any deeper then that.