What are some fucking brutal moments in comics? Doesn't need to necessarily be gory or shocking...

What are some fucking brutal moments in comics? Doesn't need to necessarily be gory or shocking. Could be anything from a twist or reveal, to a funny quip or something along that line for example. Anything that made you stop reading for a second and say "damn..."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrmI_FIw6rM
therobotsvoice.com/2008/11/the_12_dumbest_spiderman_stories_ever_besides_the.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

These both seem Mark Millar-ish.

Ah good ol Mark 'Huck' Millar.

>Someone's got to put out comic that go against the current gory and cynical comic standard. May as well be me, one of the ones that set up that standard in the first place!

Dont read capeshit. Context?

Peter got cucked by Gobby

Shouldn't she have been flung along with her leg? I mean, it's not like the rest of her body is being restrained.

I don't read Invincible but I've seen pages here and there. How many times has this girl been brutally maimed already? Does she have regeneration powers or something?

Never read it but from what I've got from Sup Forums "Gwen has affair with Norman and has Normans babys". That and I know it's the most hated thing to ever happen to Spidy after One More Day.

Twice, once before this one.

She kind of does, but has a mental block on them. She gets a prosthetic leg after this.

Innocent teen hero adventure!

I keep hearing the Cerebus is supposed to be really good, but all I ever see posted of it is really fuckin' edgy and pretentious looking.

I love this moment.

Not that "haha he threw a baby" kind of love, but the way this was done in context was phenomenal. It really highlights the depravity to which Cerebus sunk in Church & State, and was truly shocking when you're first reading it. The story also does a fantastic job of treating this moment as something important in that subtle way that Sim got so good at around here.

I've heard Simms changed Astoria's characterization to be more antagonistic

I need to read it again to be sure

>that face

Fucking Moon Over June tier.

underrated

Errr... Twice I think. The first she is like cut in half. The second is pic related.

Her power allows her to changes things on a molecule level but she has a block that was put in via therapy that doesn't allow her to change organic material. She gets rekt so hard that she subconsciously puts herself back together or some shit. The second time she just jets a prosthetic leg.

It's all about context. Both of these moments are really impactful and consequential. Seeing them posted without the surrounding material really doesn't do the comic justice.

It's one of those weird paradoxes where these moments are so notable and stand-out that they're the ones that get posted on imageboards and stuff, but totally lose what makes them so noteworthy because they're divorced from that context.

I've only read the beginning of Invincible, but she has control over atoms and stuff. So I think she can just create a new leg

thats all it is

Ennis is just cheating the mans every edgy middle schoolers wet dream

Even Millar's supposedly non-cynical books are actually cynical as fuck. He can't turn it off even when he tries.

whoa

What's happening here, why did this happen to her? I don't even know how I could search for it

You try and look pretty when you get your leg ripped off.

Why did the pant leg go with the leg . . . ?

Pretty much a coup.

Meant for,

Wait, so, did he rape her or just kill her?

>and i'm chinese

Fucking hell, this is why I can't get into invincible even if I want to. The gore/cheap shock value is just just a massive turn off.

This was some fucking Maury shit

I would maybe take that comment seriously if Millar wasn't making it about a comic staring a retarded Superman-expy.

But that was hot as hell.

Damn right it was.

Have some more gore.

all this gore is too over the top to really squeak me out

anything that's kinda realistic?

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?

It's all explained now

HyoooOOOOO~ *bong bong*

This was the exact moment I gave up on Ultimatum.

No fucking reason for it

I read on until Dr. Strange died like an imbecile and said, "Alright fuck this horseshit"

wew

That slight look of disgust on superman's face... do you think he knew?

Super hearing.

He's more of a Hulk.

Of course he knew buy he didn't care to do anything about it

I don't know if it's intended but the guy looks fucking dreadful in the last panel

Context is they had been building up the pregnancy arch for ages, and just after the birth Madrox goes to hold his son and accidently absorbs him.

Haha, that was so fucked up.

Well damn. That's sucks.

Just before this as well Siryn finally comes to terms with her father's death and reveals she's named the baby after him as a tribute.

Not comics, but Sup Forums related...
youtube.com/watch?v=mrmI_FIw6rM

>rigged your daughter's womb to collapse

I love it every time I see it. Nigga's got it set up like some Indiana Jones tomb or what?

Really? It just seemed like a throwaway moment to me.

one of those what if series where Gwen gets the goblin cock.

therobotsvoice.com/2008/11/the_12_dumbest_spiderman_stories_ever_besides_the.php

>what if
You fucking wish bruh.

The lines under his eyes make him look like he's forcing himself to say it.

What's that you say, your hero isn't afraid to take out the bad guys?
Talk to me when he's nuked an entire mega-city off the map

What the fuck is the context behind this

Any given moment of Beautiful Darkness by Kerascoet

The reveal of that was what really made it brutal.

Edgy bullshit

Someone post piano-fingers.jpg

What's the story behind it?

And then I was picturing a surgeon just ripping out a baby as fast as he could and in the same motion shoving a bag of sand up the poor girl...

I thank you for this, Friend.

Protagonist's mom superhero thinks she's kicking ass and saving the day, she's actually being mind-control-hypnotized into thinking she is while they butcher her alive, then that page happens as her telepathic-induced hallucination wears off.

The look of a man who has come to the realization that it's "hit the tranny or die alone".

Can I get a full pic of the editted panel?

sooooo...... is he a literal manchild now.

is this from Y: the last man?

Oh wow that's really shocking. What's the comic called?

Yes.

This was pretty savage. Genocide is just a kid.

I am acknowledging the pun because everyone else has too much dignity. Good pun.

Mark Millar's evil Batman fucking with a cop's family by getting the guy's daughter pregnant by his gay son. I don't remember if they fucked or not.