DUDE, GOD AND RELIGION LMAO

DUDE, GOD AND RELIGION LMAO

DUDE, GOD LMAOOOOAKOSK

"what's up guys I think allusions to other work define the work"

neck yourself

Please explain to me what the tang powder, hidden room in the cellar, and the creepy thing clogging the toilet were allusions to.

No I meant the biblical allusions. The biblical allusions are there to use the framework and general literary importance of the bible, its characters, its influence, and its following to explore themes like ego, being complicit in people's pain, the messianic treatment of artists, etc.. Almost any work with allusions to another work is using the themes, framework, plot, character archetypes, etc. to explore other themes in an interesting way. Take A Raisin in the Sun. The title is taken from Harlem by Langston Hughes, and thematically, A Raisin in the Sun uses many of the themes in Harlem but explores them in a manner similar to Faust.

TLDR: Take a high school literature class.

No wonder Daniel Craig stole his wife, Darren is a fucking nihilistic nerd

I'm not OP, I just want someone to explain to me what those things were supposed to represent

Craig is /ourguy/

i don't get it but aronofsky himself basically said the thing in the toilet was supposed to be Adam's rib. The rest of the shit is just sort of victorian ish flavor that I doubt has a concrete explanation

Don't you mean the scene where he's vomiting? I understood that, since he had that wound on his back where his rib would be, but why would it be in the toilet?

I liked the movie but its things like this where I had the most problems. It *feels* like things should kind of add up and make sense in the end, but it's all just kind of floaty and "there" in the movie. Idk dude.

I think this was one of the most frustrating movies I've ever seen, I could see a good movie in what we got, it just needed to be tweaked

I don't mind it, it's left me thinking for the last couple of days, as I put pieces together. I don't know if it'll ever really come together, but I like the song American Pie for the same reason, and I still don't fully know what that's saying

Oh shit I'm sorry man. I thought the thing in the toilet was a heart, at least that's what I saw. I have no idea about the tang powder but with the cellar, she technically had to "dig to find the oil" so yeah. Maybe that's it? I don't know.

>LMAOOOOAKOSK
Lovecraftian post

The cellar was unearthed by the blood of Abel, so I feel certain it has something to do with the first murder, but I can't figure out what since we never get anything out of it outside of the tanker.

can someone tell me what's going on here?

Why are the '''shills''' trying to bury JLaw and this movie so hard?

retard wrote himself into a deadend and didn't have the ability to cleanly resolve it. He's a hack.

It's just memers being idiots. Kill yourself for using the word shill

Lol kill yourself you fucking homo

yeah, so any non-shills want to explain:

I don't think the ending is where the problem is, I just think he tried to squeeze a bit too much in and his delivery was a little cack-handed.

The tanker is what ends up destroying the house, aka earth, so the blood of Abel, the first murder, is what opens up what will become the end.

I have an incredibly surface level experience with the Bible, I know Genesis with Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel and then I know Jesus but besides a few outliers like David and Goliath that's all I know.

That's mostly it for direct biblical allusions. I've heard some argument that the sink breaking is the Flood, but without a Noah parallel it feels weak to me.

2: Gnostic shit. Ennoia going into the abyss is an actual thing.

3. He said it's Adam's rib. Well, Ed Harris'. As odd as it may sound, timing would make sense, a scene or two before we see scars on his back.
Personally I think the fact that it seems alive might make it conflate to antoher gnostic allusion, Sophia does have an abortion that ends up being the world (no, really).

>DUDE LUL MOVIES ONLY HAVE VALUE POLITICALLY
>LMAO LETS JUDGE MOVIES EXCLUSIVELY ON WHETHER OR NOT THEY AGREE WITH MY IDEOLOGICALLY

>gnostic shit
oooohhhhh, that explains why it all seems bible-eque but not quite fitting

Let's say that it covers most of holes in the allegory, but while the biblical shit is relatively literal the gnosticism is more personally reintreprated.

What it would explain, quit nicely indeed, it JLaw's character: it's not some bizzarre "mother nature goddess" (the climate change was almost surely the inspiration for the movie, but bear with me for a moment).
In my shallow understading of gnosticism, she would be a conglomerate of Sophia/Idalbaoth and the Demiurge. Basically she's not only an emanation of god, but she a) wants to return to the Pleroma (god) b) creates and with her own emanation mantains the world (in gnosticism by accident, but still) c) she tries to have a child that, you guessed it, ends up being the savior (tough not in all traditions. Which is very interesting, considering apparently A.'s own addition to the idea is the rebirth of the universe or at least Earth - as I understand it in the movie we're seeing a failed attempt, which would make sense considering the baby's scene).

There are tons of other details (descent to the lower waters, the "she's the seventh" line, the fact that these figure(s) are generally assumed at knowing their own failings, the apocalyptic connection, the wedding chamber and the unreachable sanctum of the poet -which means maker in greek, btw-, and most of all the mother word itself) but to me it most stands cleare than the "mother nature" thing because of the child. Why would nature bear Jesus, after all?

There is a Nag Hammadi quote that is almost word by word. Ok, it doesn't talk about sinks, but still.

Also, I've seen no one catching up the Sarah-Hagar thing or the crystal thing being the New Jerusalem - at most I've seen a parallel with JL being satan (because talking to eve in private in "hell") that while is intriguing probably doesn't hold water.

>what the tang powder
Reference to Evangelion. It's dried LCL, the primordial building blocks all life came from

>Why would nature bear Jesus, after all?
This was a problem for me. It spun me off into the question of whether JLaw was supposed to perhaps represent the Holy Spirit or the Church instead

Because JLaw is a cunt and everyone wants to see her fail

>The poster
>biblical themes
>tang
Can Aronofsky make a movie without ripping off an Anime?

I THINK in gnosticism the Holy Ghost is (often) more or less the same of Sophia or existing in partnership with her, but don't quote me on that.

The church is actually seen in the movie and it's not exactly the best thing ever (A. is jewish and let's just say it shows in this aspect).

Apparently it's from Rosemary's baby, but you know what? Fuck it, I buy the connection as in-joke.

>tough I'm not sure where else he ripped off anime, don't tell me it's for Noah

Mother
Tell your children not to watch this shit

WEHY DO THE JEWS KEEP BULLYING US? THEY LITERALLY KILLED JESUS AND HAVENT STOPPED SINCE THEN

Black Swan is practically a remake of Perfect Blue. He even bought the rights to it.

I guess. Didn't watch it.

He bought the rights to it so that he could do that scene in Requiem. Black Swan and Perfect Blue undoubtedly share a lot, but it's not like they're one to one

i hear this is a good movie in the sheep fucking, woodworking crowd that i hangout with. are they right?

Should he have included the frog moment?

Be honest.

He actually bought the live acton American film rights back in 2000 for Requiem For a Dream to recreate the screaming underwater shot

Since this is a flop and she got her tits out,does that mean she will or won't get her tits out in future movies????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

because I would totally pay to see her tits,but not for like a second,maybe in like a fun car was scene or something. She's only good for tits ,her tits should be in more things,I'll pay gib tits.

Bro dude.

>jesus

Guess what Christianity is a kike religion. If you're white,you should be following a NATIVE European religion,just think about it for a second and it will make 100% scene.

when were her tits out?

>banging JLaw
>/ourguy/
No

I wasn't talking about Darren, retard. Daniel Craig isn't banging JLaw

in the "rape" scene,I just saw the webm, it's crap not really fapable

Well I loved it. At least. Someone has to.

post webm, I can fap to anything

post it