Penny: Oh hey, guys, where’re you headed?

Penny: Oh hey, guys, where’re you headed?

Sheldon: To the comic book store. You’re probably thinking, the comic book store? On a Thursday? Why, I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole and into a land of madness. What you have failed to take into account, Penny, is that this is Anything Can Happen Thursday.

Penny: You got me. While you’re there, could pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?

Sheldon: I think you mean comic books. Comics are feeble attempts at humour featuring talking babies and anthropomorphized pets found traditionally in the optimistically named funny pages.

Penny: Leonard, could you pick me up a few comics for my nephew’s birthday?

Leonard: Sure. What does he like?

Penny: I don’t know, he’s 13. Just pick out anything.

Sheldon: Just pick out anything? Maybe at the same time we can pick out a new suit for him without knowing his size, or pick out his career for him without knowing his aptitude, or pick out a new breakfast cereal without knowing his fibre requirements or his feelings about little marshmallows.

Penny: Spider-Man. Get him Spider-Man.

Sheldon: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099?

Penny: Leonard?

Leonard: You know this can go on all night, why don’t you just come with us?

Penny: Ugh, that’s what I was trying to avoid.

Sheldon: Oh, I forgot Sensational Spider-Man.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvelous_Adventures_of_Gus_Beezer:_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1
youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What about Spider-Man's Tangled Web?

i chuckled.

I'm fucking doomed.

I actually kinda like some of the scenes where they go to the comic store.

There's actually some decent jokes in this show. They're just bogged down with so much needless dialogue and crappy characters it ruins it.

Quite the opposite actually, it means there's still a shred of humanity buried deep within your jaded soul. If you turn back now, you may yet make it to full-normie.

You know it's possible to read comics, shit-post on Sup Forums, and still get laid right?

can confirm
it just happens less often than average folks

have they ever shown why they actually put up with Sheldon?

Dude will probably say we're lying/not real comic book fans because of that /r9k/ life though.

Leonard said he's just in it for the apartment, and Raj and Howard like Leonard who is packaged with Sheldon.

Or Bitches Love Spider-Man.

>it just happens less often than average folks

speak for yourself

Man, I tell ya, as bad or as cringey as you might think this show is, it is still a thousand times better than 2 Broke Girls.

I can think of two big reasons why you're wrong

Kat Dennings' fatty tatties? I can just look at pictures of those online without having to watch that drek.

Fuck, meant to respond to .

You were distracted by Kat Dennings

TBBT has some quality jokes, though. Especially in the early seasons.

>TBBT
>bad

heh, us nerds rights?

I've ironically watched a little bit of this show. the best gag was when they all dressed up as the flash and ran in a line

I hate how they suck stan lee's cock. When will that thief dissapear forever? Also the writers have never ever read a comic.

Fine user, i'm ugly it happens, but probably less than you guys

Sheldon saved their lives from a rocket fuel explosion. He threw the tank in the elevator which is why it is broken.

i think there a episode where they meet him and one of them call Stan lee on his bullshit

Raj calls Stan out with questions that would inevitably piss Stan off when they go to a signing. Stan signs everyone else's stuff with lines like "Your grratest ally, Stan" and Raj got beat up or he didn't sign his nicely or something.

Bazongerz!

Yeah, when shot actually involves comics, it can make me laugh.
Like when they came back from a broken car to the girls discussing the dynamics and rules of lifting Mijonir.

he also stopped Leonard from giving government secrets to a North Korean spy

Fuck you for making me do this.

Well damn

Is that from the actual show?
It's more clever than what I'd come to expect from it, yet it's still dumb enough that I'd believe you if you told me you just copy pasted it.

Replied.

You mean he stopped him from getting laid with a femme fatale.

I chuckled too, nigga. Probably bad that I was thinking "lol same" reading it

>The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man
This comic doesn't exist.

Okay, I have a bias here. My job is writing media content and I'm stuck doing it over TBBT, so I HAVE to find positives. Like, really stupid stuff no matter what it is must be written like it's a gift to mankind.

However, despite this I can say that sometimes this show does have a few solid jokes. In fact, it's actually done best when the characters are just arguing with each other about scientific realism meets superhero physics.

The rest of the time it's them just saying something nerdy.

If this show didn't force stupid fuck relationships on us it might've been a lot funner than it is.

>2007+9
>Still butthurt about Le Big Bang Theory
Let it go, man. Nobody even watches this shit anymore.

Also if ANYTHING, the science is real. Like the whiteboards are backed by legitimate physical equations, and it exposes mainstream audience to real scientific concepts.

None of that dumbass techno babble.

>The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvelous_Adventures_of_Gus_Beezer:_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1

A push, but it's there.

I knew my love of senrans would get me eventually

I haven't seen an episode of this in many many years, but from what I remember, even if factually correct, all the science in this show is incredibly basic, yet is presented as if the character had suddenly been possessed by an ancient evil and started cursing in Sanskrit by everyone around him.
>"Light travels in waves"
>"OMG WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?"
>Cue laugh track

kek

Penny is right. Sheldon is needlessly over-complicating Penny's request for him to purchase a comic book for her nephew by attempting to showcase his vast knowledge on the subject and cement superiority. Sheldon shouldn't be considered a polite friend, if not egotistical.

I'm curious, what anime is this from?

Ahh, you bastard

Sheldon has aspergers though.

They put up with sheldon because he saved leonards ass a couple times, lives with him, and they all know he's not all correct in the head, so its partially pity.

yeah, if you paid attention in high school science (and remember it obviously) then you should be familiar with most of the stuff they talk about

Senran Kagura, it's based on a video game series that is actually pretty good.

Isn't it just a Musou game with fan service?

WAKANDA

*laugh track

If you don't reply to this post anyone who posts this shit will live forever.

The Vita games are yes. The DS ones are platformers. The vita also has a cooking rythm game and they are currently making a splatoon knock off with water guns. So wet t-shirts and swimsuits galore.

I'd have liked that episode if they didn't try to sell me on a room full of 30-40 year olds that have apparently never heard of Star Trek.

it actually is a live audience, if it's annoying blame them for laughing at everything not the writers

It's almost the same thing, they tell them when to laugh.

In his own twisted way, he is trying to help.

Also, since we're talking a 13 year old, Marvel Adventures.

E4 much, OP?

user, the average 13 year old has had sex. Also, isn't Marvel Adventures ded?

He's 13, not 10. She ends up getting him Hellblazer.

>He threw the tank in the elevator which is why it is broken.

Really, the fact that it hasn't been fixed in like, 8 years or however long that show's been running strains disbelief almost as much as Sheldon not yet having been murdered by somebody for being an obnoxious asshole.

IIRC they didn't even revealed Penny's last name yet even though they had episodes about her family, they just don't give a shit about some stuff

jej.

Not quite. There are some outtakes where the audience busts out into deafening laughter early in the set-up of a joke. One of the actors turns to them and yells "WHY ARE YOU EVEN LAUGHING, THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"

>the inappropriate laugh track
everytime

youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

I vaguely remember it getting fixed once and broken agian by the end of the episode. And they've had a few times where characters comment on what it being broken for so long says about the building.

>Clicked on gif because large number of replies
I am now a part of the cycle.

dammit user

brezonga

fuck

It's prompted laughter, user.

well yeah but we can't all visit your mom.

Jokes on you fucker, I clicked on the Cat of Eternal Immunity whilst going around Sup Forums one time. Makes me immune to your shit.

m8, I just have a GF and we just have sex like all the time, im sure you have slept with more girls than me though

> Show acts like Penny is the "hot" one
> Even though Bernadette is blatantly hotter

Why is this allowed?

Penny became increasingly less hot as time went on.

bazinga XD

Because Penny is hotter in the way that she is not a nerd. Bernadette could be a goddamn supermodel and she'd still be treated like she's an ugly cow because being a nerd instantly makes you uglier than "normies".

The hottest girl is Raj's possibly a serial killer doctor girlfriend.

Jesus, I can practically hear the forced laugh track playing in the background

A bad programed ROM player.

ZIPIMBU

Fuck you.

The characters also shit on the jew for only having a masters when the only person more successful than him is his wife, who like you said is the hottest chick on the show.

I would do terrible terrible things to her in that costume, let alone in general

Why must you do this to me life....

Eat a bag of dicks

But the comic book store in that show doesn't house any Marvel merch at all, how would they go about buying Spider-Man comics?

>
>user, the average 13 year old has had sex.
>tfw I'm 23 and haven't.

>Gestapo

They're all cunts to Sheldon though.

I get that he's a massive unlikable prick, but from what little I've seen of the show, they just keep him around to have someone to make fun of.

I mean it goes a little beyond banter. They banter the Jew about being a creepy little perv, they banter Leonard about being unable to get girls, Raj about being a poo-in-loo who can't speak to girls unless they're drunk, but all of that is standard mates teasing mates.

They're outright harsh to Sheldon because they know he's too autistic to truly understand.

Shit friends desu

15 million watch TBBT on broadcast tv each week and 140 million watch online. Very significant compared to comic books which sell 50k copies with maybe a million readers online.

My missus does.

Its a good show for background noise to be honest mate.

Kind of like the entire point of the channel "Dave" in the UK. Shit that you can have on in the background while you're doing shit.

It's because they genuinely fucking hate him. It's been stated multiple times that if Leonard ever decided to stop hanging out with Sheldon the others would fucking drop him like a sack of potatoes, and he has to work twice as hard to fit in with the rest of the group. It's basically the show's way of saying "look, being a nerd is one thing, but AUTISTIC nerds are fucking scum and don't deserve anything less than absolute disgust".

Zimbabwe