youtube.com/watch?v=tr8V27tmBSE&
youtube.com/watch?v=VTOUh0HJMdY
youtube.com/watch?v=F6Fk7icKejE
youtube.com/watch?v=z-Dd8gI0se0
youtube.com/watch?v=eywLJYWY3wM
youtube.com/watch?v=juXgMeb8x5o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Daughters of Aku. I thought they would play a larger role

Rest of the show felt like a letdown after the first 3 episodes of pure, unfiltered 10/10 kino.

PENIS

A finale that didn't mesh with the themes built up throughout the rest of the season.

Too much plot. Its best when he is just a lone roaming samurai who meet new people every episode

>Focusing on the waifu
>Jack not being Jack until the very end
>the climax everyone wanted took place in half an episode and fell flat
>the waifu the story focused on for the whole season never existed in the end
>too much fan service and callbacks to old characters

Everything after the fourth episode. It was just too rushed.

Entire season to set up the ending, 15 years to plan it out and it's an ultra-rushed 10 minutes of bullshit.

>too much fan service and callbacks to old characters just to then erase them and all the adventures they had with Jack
FTFY

>"you don't need to watch the previous seasons to watch this last arc"
>last couple of episodes is literally just calling back to the previous seasons

Romance. It had no business being in SJ, especially if they were going to rush it.

Do you think Genndy's email inbox is now full of angry fans and death threats calling him a hack and questioning why he made bungled episodes 4-10?

Episode 4 was good though?

my sides are still in orbit from that scene where his love interest just drops and is like
>shit i dont exist
and then just stops existing

She died on the way back from her home planet

fucking love interest bullshit

Punished or Regular Jack?

They should have just had split timelines. Prime Jack gets the baboon pusi and helps his friends rebuild the world for good. Alternate young Jack gets to grow up with his family and no Aku.

He knew how fans would react, and gained pleasure from all the tears.

I really liked the first few episodes, but then it felt Rushed.
Also Aku's death was anti-climactic. I wanted to see him writhe and wither away in agony before disappearing instead of just going splode.
As for the waifu losing her laifu I didn't have a problem with it. The whole thing felt poetic in a way.
In the intro Aku says, "Undo the future that is Aku," and Ashi quite literally is both the future and part Aku.
It's very yin-yang where defeating Aku was 99% positive yet there was still a tinge of good which was also undone.

Lol I remember I was chillin with friends and made them watch the finale because I wanted closure and I was so embarrassed for making them sit thru that ending because of how laughably bad it was

Or they could have had jack kill future aku and imprisson past aku so that his family can live happily until one day in hundreds of years later aku escapes and is killed in the future by the jack during his future escapades

TTGL did it first

and better

What went wrong was that Punished Jack actually made much more sense than "lol look he's himself again!" And don't get me started on Ashi.

Ashi

Aw she died.

Ditching the guardian plot

got tumblr on a literal meltdown and suicide watch because Jack was straight as an arrow
it had everything the show stood for
it was a good ending to a great animated series.

Suicidal hallucination jack was the best

remember when jack stayed behind to save somebody but it didnt matter and he undid their existence later anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5MYbzLwKo

I loved all of it desu.

It was seriously the best of all 5 seaons, up until episode 7. The end of episode 7, the moment Jack got his "mojo" back so quickly, and suddenly, was the downfall. Episode 7 was beautiful, spiritual, metaphoric... but once he perfects the Tea Making process, and his friends just show up, and give him his shit back, the rest of the episode and last 2 episdoes are just rushed and feel like Gendy ran out of time and had to cram a resolution together...Such a shame honestly..

EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY

yeah the way he got his sword back was so underwhelming
>exploits deus ex machina multiple times to solve most of the major conflicts in the season
>then hinges the emotional center of the finale around something that could easily be fixed with the same deus

>ashi episode
>good
I knew we were in trouble when she was the only one given a name. So obvious where they were going with that shit.

>up until episode 3
Ftfy

Reminder that all three girls Jack got close to in the future turned out to be Aku

Not enough episodes
Should have been 13
Make the find the sword quest two parter. And have Ashi and Jack develop their relationship during those two episodes.

>Ashei you have Aku powers
>you're right
The end

Nothing. It was kino.
>previous episodes of SJ condensed plots into one 22 minute story
>Season 5 tells an epic spread across 10 episodes
>redditors say it was rushed

It was quite a ride, I'm glad I took it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9SiysOJOfGU

youtube.com/watch?v=vChgmZ3_TuA

youtube.com/watch?v=ytheTBmtZPk&

youtube.com/watch?v=gXXmhQ0GVhc&

youtube.com/watch?v=tr8V27tmBSE&

youtube.com/watch?v=VTOUh0HJMdY

youtube.com/watch?v=F6Fk7icKejE

youtube.com/watch?v=z-Dd8gI0se0

youtube.com/watch?v=eywLJYWY3wM

The entire season went downhill once Ashi became a prominent character. All of us knew it from the start. It's a 10 fucking episode cinematic series, we wanted to see how our Jackie boy overcomes himself and regains his path. Adding further characters when all of his characteristics were already set from other seasons was unnecessary, and in this case, degrading. What did Ashi contribute to Jack's character? She trivialized it. Jack didn't overcome his suicidal thoughts, Ashi literally killed them. Jack didn't make the decision to go back to the past. Ashi pushed him in.

Among other things, focus on this character made the pacing be all over the place. We didn't need to see jack babysit a monkey in a monsters gut for 20 minutes, we didn't need to be reminded why Aku is evil,we didn't need to have all the fucking cameos say what we already saw in the previous seasons, we didn't need to see the overpowered mary sue character that Ashi is by brooming through an army of robots just by using brute force, and most importantly of all, we didn't need to see Jack turned into a horny teen for an entire episode that provided nothing plotwise.

Genndy turned a well beloved series with a promising chance to wrap up the whole plot into his own shitty fanfic to wank at. It's like he just ran out of ideas after episode 3 and used his fetishes as filler for the remainder of the season..

Ashi was a total cute.
Now she's one with nature and also a little boy in Spain playing pianos filled with flames.

She was a mary sue

I was actually happy when it looked like Jack would end the series with a wife gf. It was really bad how she just realized she couldn't exist and stopped existing. Really did not like how the series ended on some weird sort of happy sort of sad tone. Seeing a ladybug should not have made Jack instantly happy with life again.

Would've liked to see Jack just kill future Aku and live in that timeline, see the Scotsman "move on" or something. Did not like how all the characters we knew and liked were just deleted instantly.

It's weird that Gendy said he wanted to end the series in a way for it to picked up again. Not sure how someone would pick it up unless they basically just redo the story.

It felt rushed, but at least it felt like it was going somewhere.

The ending was total shit

It should have been 2 or 3 seasons. Much more effort should have been necessary to get the sword back. I personally liked Ashi but she should have been less critical to Jack's important decisions about himself and his quest.

And the finale could be pretty much what we got but a 1 hour or 1.5 hour episode expanding upon the events greatly.

That last episode had to be split up into at least two or three. It just all suddenly ended.

romance plot
/thread

Rick and Morty

It's like pottery

episodes 1-3 were the only good episodes

and holy fuck they were incredible

the ending

he wasn't yellow enough

why don't you make a shit video about it and spend all day shilling it here?

It's obvious he needed more time to properly develop everything, but it's really fucking cash.

youtube.com/watch?v=juXgMeb8x5o

What the fuck happened after episode 3-4 development-wise? Why did the theme change so drastically? I finally got the edgy adult version of my favorite show only for it to go back to a PG cartoon within a couple episodes. It's like night and day.

They ran out of money

Reminded me of the ending to Gurren Lagann.

ripped off an anime that ripped off several other anime

>inb4 butthurt gurrenfags

Woman

Genndy didn't negotiate hard enough to make a whole 26 episode season. I miss Jack having at least one self-contained adventure.

Mako being dead.
Trying to insert a love theme that had no place in the series in general, let alone such a short run.

I ended up dropping it before it even finished I was that disappointing, not something I ever expected - but one that was justified when I went back to check how it ended.

It went to shit after he met Ashi.
Punished Jack was the best thing of the first 3 episodes.

>Not sure how someone would pick it up unless they basically just redo the story.
Yes. He wants Derrick J Wyatt to do the Derrick J Wyatt thing.

MORE LIKE SASHIMURAI JACK

>[adult swim]
KYS

he deleted his friends from existence for his own selfish gain

>yfw this moment

K I N O

Ashi
The love subplot was a mistake

The first three episodes were kino, Genndy dropped the ball after that

This. I felt like the whole story was Jack desperately wanting to cling to a past that he can never return to, and learning to accept it and let go and focus on the present so he can improve the future. I figured that's why they introduced a love interest and brought back all of his friends in the first place. Beyond disappointed. Everything and everyone from the original seasons is undone because he wants to go home.

Who was in charge of the production?

They should made 5 more episodes to set a better finale

Except that made me rage cause it was so bad, samurai jack just made me kek

Needed a movie to be the ending. Disappointing that the finale was only 22 minutes.

haven't seen it in a while but i still remember the basics of what happened, why does everyone hate that ending so much? i thought it was alright

This. There never should have been another portal. He should have been stuck in the future.

I remember reading that the ending would be 'the ending we didn't know we wanted'.
They succeeded there, since I still don't want it.
It needed more Aku and less Ashi. Frankly, Ashi should have been a guy and they should have taken out all of the romance completely. Spend all of that awkward romance time on fighting Aku.

Everything is questionable, and it's gets more questionable for each ep. The resolution of every plotpoint is a delusion: the ghost who follows jack is shit; scottsman is shit; love story is shit; the end of aku is shit and, the ending, straight stolen (badly) from gurren lagann is the shittiest shit ever put on screen by this series.

Is Genndy the George Lucas of animation?