2017 Animation

Anything you're looking forward to for next year in terms of animation?

It's a bit early, but what did you enjoy from this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_2017
pluzz.francetv.fr/videos/lastman_saison1_ep1_,149001535.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WngjMUpBalQ
vimeo.com/163564412
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both Cars 3 and Boss Baby look way better than either of them should be. But I'm not drawing any conclusions until I see them.

Eh. Someone excite me.
>tfw can't tell if you're "growing up" or the industry is just going sour

So this is what tihs Coco project looks like

Lego Batman Movie is the only thing that comes to mind right now, plus the usual: Gumball, Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers

Nothing, because the sorry excuse of the western animation industry is a joke and can't seriously expect any quality of the products they make

Go back to Sup Forums

hoping for news on the astro boy reboot

>Anything you're looking forward to for next year in terms of animation?
my death

My god, that's Alfred E. Neuman's son from a Mexican hooker.

My Death? Is that the new Illumination movie?

Is that one giantess disney movie coming out i 2017?

Anything interesting happening with French animation?

No, that's 2018. Sucks, right?

There should be a new Chomet's film next year. But as far as I know, it supposed to be slightly experimental animation/live-action hybrid, and it will be based on some unpublished work of Federico Fellini.
If it will be at least as half as good as Illusionist, then waiting will definitely be worth it.

Is it relly next year? I thought it would be 2018

>boss baby
>that obnoxious Dreamworks-esque humour
>looks good

IMDB and various news sites state that release is planned somewhere in 2017. Don't know if date is set in stone though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_2017

I think Lego Batman, Boss Baby, Cars 3, Ninjago, and Coco will be really good. Also hoping for Smurfs to be somewhat decent. Otherwise it's a really shitty year for animated films next year. On TV we've got the end of Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa, the final seasons of Adventure Time and Gumball begin, and CN is going through a rebrand. Nick will continue it's shitness and Disney will have Star, Milo, and P&P, which will be overshadowed by their tween shitcoms. It's just more of the same it seems. There will be good shit though. Just not anywhere close to this year.

>It's a bit early, but what did you enjoy from this year?

definitely Kubo, such a breath of fresh air from usual animations.

SnK season 2

The Horse movie

>Everything before Wall-E was above average to amazing in quality
>Now everything is a sequel and anything new they make is meh

I'd say both

Did Lastman come out yet or is that next year?

the only thing i am waiting for still hasn't made an official date when it will air it's pilot. my guess is mid 2017 hopefully

Who's this wall climber?

What in the blueblazes is that?

If you are French you can watch the first 6 episodes here:
pluzz.francetv.fr/videos/lastman_saison1_ep1_,149001535.html

Miguel from Coco. Pixar's Book of Life.

At least I should be fleeing the country before that hits. Nut Job 2, though, is only a bit less than six months away.

In this case I'm excited as hell, I love everything this guy does

youtube.com/watch?v=WngjMUpBalQ

cant wait to see Barney on the big screen.

Hm, Seriously?

If you'd don't mind foreign (in which case, you better or you need to get real pleb):
>Big Bad Fox
>The Breadwinner
>The Girl Without Hands
>Loving Vincent
>Mutafukaz: The Movie
>A Silent Voice (KnK US release)
>The Thousand Miles

As far as mainstream releases, I'm very disappointed. The only ones that fascinate me are Captain Underpants because of how much the books meant to me growing up, and Cars 3 in a sadistic trainwreck kind of way.

They're adapting that? I didn't know it was popular, I got the comic series.

I hope it looks good because that was the comic's main selling point.

>>Big Bad Fox
Oh shit, I forgot that, the comics was great!

bump

>another day of the dead movie

Yawn.

>Big Bad Fox

vimeo.com/163564412

is this from the guy who did Ernest and Celestine?

No, but it's still a Folivari project I think

How was The Book of Life?

Forgot about Big Bad Fox, then I guess it's that, The Thousand Miles, The Lego Movie, maybe that new Lupin movie, are we just talking about the movies?

Alright, good visuals

Looking forward to this.

Is it just me or did it looked like they wanted to do stop motion but couldn't?

Agreed.

Is it just more or does Lego Batman look crap. I think he was the most unfunny thing about Lego Movie imo, bad humour though it appeals to kids obviously

>brown shota
Would you?

There's an adaption of the Bone series in the works that I'm pretty excited for

Was that one part a H R Giger reference?

>CN is going through a rebrand
What do people even call the recent rebrands? they look good but don't seem to have much of a theme

Are there really that many of them?

What's that?

I read some of those as a kid, was it legitimately any good?

He looks too girly in OP pic.

I'm looking forward to Wolfwalkers for a few reasons, but that'll probably be 2018 at the very earliest.

It's nice at the start but by the third book it gets really strong

I really liked Kubo. It had a great atmosphere, the landscapes were really really huge, animation was solid and story was good. It was a great package and definitely a movie I'd recommend.

Dofus movie was pretty alright, I'm a fan of Wakfu and Dofus so it was pretty much a given I'd like it. The ending felt a bit off though because it was just very abrupt.

Zootopia was really entertaining too. It was fun, exciting and was just generally a very nice feel-good movie. It would've been interesting to see the original version they planned, but we can't be sure if it was better than what we got.

Tower is a movie from this year that I haven't seen but been a bit interested in. Klaus is another movie I'm pretty interested to see, but it's a bit offtopic since it's still deep in development I think.

looks like it could be fun

I'm sad no movie will ever have as much controversy again as Sausage Party. Those reactions to the script and orgy scene were hilarious.
There's nothing interesting looking in 2017

I'm looking forward to the new season of Samurai Jack.

Can't say anything coming up in 2017 particularly excites me, unless Aardman releases that stone age movie.

As for this year, the standouts for me have been Zootopia, Kubo and April and the Extraordinary World. Also, fuck you, The Secret Life Of Pets was pretty good.

Lego Batman, Bojack Horseman, F if For Family (hopefully), Rick and Morty (kind of, not really high expectations), Gumball, and lastly, mulp.

Wolfwalkers is supposed to be 2017.

We finally get a Brave that isn't shit.

mulp still goin huh? Should I bother catching up if I havent watched since season 2?

I'm down for anything by Cartoon Saloon. Speaking of which, is there any news on Ellie the Ace? Anything that cute should be banned by Geneva Convention

Early Man is 2018 sadly

I thought The Breadwinner was 2017 and Cartoon Saloon would release Wolfwalkers in a year or so after that?

Eh, depends. That board is pretty divided, but I'm part of the camp that maintains the show's quality stayed the same. Some highs, some lows, but nothing too deviating. Though I'll admit part of the fun was everyone freaking out over this development and that development, as well as other board activities (like the summer cup for example).

I think a lot of people that don't like the newer seasons are just people who got tired of the ride.

Should you watch it? Might as well watch the next season or two. I've enjoyed it for what's it's worth but I'm one of the lucky ones. I still get that comfy feeling I got when I watched season 1.

I don't really know, i just spent 2 seconds on google. I kinda don't care much about Breadwinner but I'm definitely seeing Wolfwalkers.

Season 6 is not very good, but it has its moments, so I still prefer it to season 2, seasons 4 and 5 are the best, unkes you are gay, if so then season 1 is ok and you should watch WKRP in Cincinnati

Season 6 is very hit or miss.

I recommend watching the Spike episodes, The Saddle Row Review, and the season finale.

Is the one with maud in new york season 6?

>brown trap
Would you?

Meh it was ok

When I saw the poster I thought you were being sarcastic and that this was the french Nutshack. But this animation actually looks really good.

Why does American animation suck so much

>Pablo and the Six Strings

>when something takes appropriation of a name and it's terrible
>something really good comes out sometime later
>(almost) uses that exact same name
>can't unsee the terrible thing that came before it

Does Brazil make some good animated movies or was Boy and the World an exception?

Exception.

You must be truly desperate to turn to a third world shithole for cartoons.

I don't even think they make animated movies, this one and Rio 2096 are the only one that I know.

As others have said, Gigantic, Wolfwalkers and WiR 2. Not 2017, yeah, but there seems to be nothing interest in it.

I thought this was a lewd edit, but that's the face he's making.

Will Miguel be as popular a shota as Hiro

>You must be truly desperate
I am, I've been watching at least 3 animated movies per days for the last few years so I am really struggling to find new interesting shit.

This. Pretty much this.

That's pretty much why I can never see Room even though I heard it was pretty good.

Same, pumped to see how this studio takes on a completely different subject matter from what they've done before.

Thanks, that make me think, could we make something like pic related for animated movies?

>we
I aint putting that shit together. You're welcome to, though. I can contribute more of my own personal animated film recommendations, if you like, but it's mostly the Disney chart.

I want to ____ that shota

mouse guard film