Why did this bomb so badly? It was actually really good

Why did this bomb so badly? It was actually really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwMyOXAhUpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it offended the people who understood it and confused the people who would like it

Jennifer Lawrence

Going to see this with a friend later. He has no idea about 3rd act lel

>not going to see it for Based Bardem

fury................................wrath

It really wasn't

That's the problem. They don't have chemistry.

JLaw's nudes leaked so now there's no reason to see her movies anymore.

She's horribly miscast in virtually every movie she's in. It completely takes you out of the movie because you can't stop thinking "Why didn't they cast someone older? Is she supposed to be like really good or something? Is she banging the the whole studio?" Take Joy. Why the fuck was she playing a 40 something year old with two kids?

>movie deliberately made to piss off audiences
>audiences get pissed off
>movie makes no money

Poetry.

Kinda sad that she had to go the Chuck's route after winning an Oscar a few years back.

Why is a 27 year old constantly playing 35 - 40+ year old women? I can't take her seriously.

Its a shame about Bardem though.

This nigga knows.

It's strange I can't think of one other young actress that's consistently been casted for middle age housewife roles as often as Lawrence has. I'd find that kinda insulting if I were her

something I noticed since shills are promoting this, there's no Cara lememe threads

someone post the webm of her getting beaten and groped

I know it's hard for contrarians to hear this, but people just didn't care for this movie. Just because a movie is "OMG SO DEEP", doesn't mean audiences are going to suddenly flock to see it. Also, the trailers look like shit and no one outside the media cares about Jennifer Lawrence anymore.
Plus IT was just an overall better movie and that's why it completely raped this movie at the BO. Hard for contrarians to hear, I know.

It's not exactly a love story

Truth. Like when watching this movie, I kept thinking, "this bitch is only a year and 4 months older than me".

Don't give a fuck about the BO, and even if people find it good. What it's bad is that something so relatively simple can't be understood even by most critics.

Bigoted Christians dont like being insulted for some reason.

Exactly like she was around 22 when she did Silver Linings Playbook and it just made things weird for no reason. At the same time what would she even be in if she was appropriately cast for her age?

Why do you think her character is supposed to be 35-40?

mother! posting is hot rn

I feel obligated to see it as a fan of Arronofsky but it really doesn't seem that interesting to me.

Why are people blaming jlaw? Don't get me wrong she's obnoxious but the anti-theist themes are from aronofsky. That fucking hack always gets off scot free

I hate Lawrence more than I love Bardem

Was it really that deep of a movie? Bardem is god, J-Law is like the natural world, all the guests are humans destroying and scaring the planet. Seems pretty open shut.

>someone shouldn't be free to make a movie with Anti-theist themes
Thanks Mohammed

literally didn't say that anywhere in my post

lemme guess its some sort of commentary on the story of Abraham

They wouldn't be totally wrong actually. But if the others before that scene are the jews, well....

>anti-theist

Dude what. He does portray a flawed God, but shit is religious as fuck.

She's not really mother nature, but yeah, not that deep. Or at least, the other details aren't really leaving questions open, it becomes a game of catch the exact bibiical/whatever reference.

Armond nailed it.

Bardem was phoning it in for a paycheck in everything I've seen him in for the past few years. I don't care anymore.

The metaphors are easy to spot and therefore everyone is now a pseudo genius where it's trendy for them to collectively turn their nose up due to this. I thought it was a hell of a good time. Anxiety inducing and Jlaw put in a great performance IMO.

It's kind of polarizing that many people love Twin Peaks: The Return due to it's unexplained mysteries and wish to find out what's going on yet something which is easily clarified such as Mother! cops hate because the symbolism actually represents something.

For those on the fence I'd say it has trappings of Rosemary's Baby and Luis Bunuel.

Plebs gonna pleb.

I mean Ed Harris is Adam obviously right got the whole cain and abel thing going too.

Literally never said you did

does she look hot pregnant at least?

This. Why anyone would fund Aronofsky these days is beyond me. Dude has left the reservation.

you quite literally implied that I did

Did I?

Well... yes? It's even confirmed by the director?

Not sure what you're implying.

how did the movie piss people off? without spoilers. I've heard its grotesque

I just saw it I didn't read any interviews or anything yet.

Lawrence always looks hot.

The Trump Curse.

You go after trump you either die or fail.

Can't really describe why it'd piss people off without spoilers desu... Best to go in as a blind watch.

you know they draw attention to her looking way to young to be with Bardem

Why is the second wife older?

She isn't. Get your eyes checked.

But she fucking is. She is 31

I see. Well yes, he confirmed it and actually it's as literal as you can get.

Do what the fuck was the yellow powder?

>At the same time what would she even be in if she was appropriately cast for her age?

....starring in massive franchises like The Hunger Games and X-Men?

Whats the twist all my uni friends have seen it and dont wanna say, but they say the movie is film of the year

>It was actually really good.
who are you trying to impress

Does he ever not look like he's sick

Because the general audience is dumb and wants generic flics. It's a ptiiy.

Assuming this was actually good, in what universe would a movie like this be a financial success?

It was a silly movie. This is a shallow concept that normies get so they think it's deep.
I want this answered as well

It was kino.

It's DRUMPF's fault.

She is one of the best actresses in Hollywood at the moment.

but shes supposed to be a lot younger than him in the movie. its remarked on by michelle pfeifer multiple times. altho before that was referenced i did think about how nubile she looked compared to bardem

Retard

hopefully sjw actors will keep their mouth shut before offending half the population now... I feel like you are all underestimating the effect it can have having a persons name on your movie when they say something stupid and dumb, they go from selling it to having people avoid it. Its like the public dont want to led around by the nose

Came out of nowhere. First trailer dropped only a few months before release, it was barely publicized. Bad (or let's say very mixed) word of mouth among critics and festivals. No one likes Jennifer Lawrence (she wiped tens of millions of dollars off of the Passengers box office) and Aronofsky is also a divisive director. For instance I'm obviously a Sup Forums fag and get hyped for most big directors. Aronofsky I don't give a shit about.

The posters look boring as fuck and uninteresting.

The trailers made it look like a generic low budget supernatural thriller (think The Disappointments Room).

The part in my theater where people walked out involves a baby getting its neck broken, being ripped to shreds, and eaten by a mob.

I was wrong about her, tbqh. She was really good in Winter's Bone - back then at least she was incredibly attractive, but also seemed "nice" to female fans.

But honestly, in everything I've seen her in EXCEPT Winter's Bone she has been bad. Sometimes inoffensive. But despite the hype and adoration - I legitimately thought she was close to ruining Silver Linings Playbook and was awful in American Hustle.

I was watching Passengers and she's just dead wood on screen. Like I said - She's really beautiful, and Chris Pratt is playing essentially a rapist - and yet I kept thinking "Gee, poor Chris. Stuck with this cunt".

No it wasn't.

Also:

>the reason you are being fucked by hurricanes is because you fuckers voted for Trump! Mother nature strikes back!

Wait wut?

I literally just saw a review calling it an amazing Christian movie, lel.

That's what you thought the fucking movie was about? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's just how it is in Hollywood, breh

delete this

When Adam first arrives he even makes the statement "I thought she was your daughter" in reply to Bardem saying Lawrence is his wife.

>That's what you thought the fucking movie was about? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No you retard, it's what Jennifer Lawrence claimed was the reason for the hurricanes plaguing the US right now, mother nature's pay back for voting Trump

I'm not sure. The whole "I understood it, but it still sucked" thing I'm seen a lot of people spout online is usually followed up by a gross summarization or misinterpretation of the literal plot. Which isn't to say that some people who dislike the movie don't also understand it, but I feel like saying "I get it to, but" to hold up your negative opinions is just a crutch anybody can see through.

Not him, but how is this any different from those religious zealots blaming Haiti on humans turning their backs on God? They're just hippies instead of bible-thumpers. How do the lefties not see this?

>aronofsky makes art film starring his oscar winning blockbuster waifu
>casts pfeiffer who obliterates her role, acts circles around jlaw, and critics predict is likely to get an oscar nomination

The quote was completely taken out of context and plastered as [successful] clickbait everywhere, but nobody will mention this because it clashes with their narrative.

Bullshit, either you are straight-up lying or you haven't watch the video of the interview

Just fucking google it or search on Youtube

nah mother was garbage and just darren describing his relationship with women by copying and ruining rosemary's baby

It's not. Which is proof of how stupid liberals are.

Here's why:

-Jennifer Lawrence is unfortunately not good enough. Bardem was great though.
-Has Christian undertones and portrays them in a gruesome light. Which means Christians are horrified and angry.
-Normies who wanted to see J-Law can't handle this kind of film. "I can't make this trend!"
-It's ANOTHER political message by a director/actor when people are sick of politics.

I'm a Christian and didn't really feel like it was explicitly critical of Christianity. I mean I sure get why people might have felt that if they have a simplistic picture of faith that hasn't come to terms with for example the violence in the Bible.

As for age, obviously it makes sense that Jennifer Lawrence's is younger than Javier Bardem. It's commented on and adds to the metaphor.

I don't understand why Man was coughing, that's my biggest takeaway. If it's because he's mortal then that's okay but then it shouldn't have happened until after they were locked out of the office.

>Producers thinking it would be a good idea to realease it almost the same time as the new "IT" movie
>Wondering why it floped

Wasn't it marketed as a generic home invasion thriller/horror thing in the trailers? I saw trailers for it when I went to saw It a couple weeks ago.

I can see why people ended up being super turned off. Especially after It, it feels like they went to hook audiences after it to go see the "next horror thing", but the release window ended up being to close, and It ate it alive.

The reason is Cinema Edge is done
People are getting tired of going into the movies, paying, and getting their minds raped by shit sounds, and epileptic inducing photography

Yeah, I had seen it discussed on here previously and then saw a trailer for it before Dunkirk
Looked like a completely generic cuckoo in the nest movie like Pacific Heights with touches of M Knight's The Visit
Completely different movie than Sup Forums had talked about and it looked incredibly boring too

No one really expected IT to do this well though. It certainly wasn't a movie most studios would worry about to delay their own releases to avoid directly competing with it.

I didn't like it. I felt insulted by it, not because I'm a Christian, but because it's too far up its own ass and insulted my intelligence by belaboring its points. Also, if Aronofsky wanted to drag religion into his environmentalist tale, why does he botch the metaphor so badly? Why is the child that is consumed "Mother's" instead of some unremarkable squatter's? Doesn't that miss the point entirely? You don't even have to be a student of theology to get that.

Because the audience expected a normie horror/thriller but instead they got this

youtube.com/watch?v=jwMyOXAhUpk

She's very mature and intelligent for her age, that makes her look older. There is some kind of wisdom in her eyes, usually acquired through experience.

I'm so tired of her smug plastic face

She's so mature that she assaulted a guy in response to him saying "Fuck you," to her when she refused to take a selfie with her. She threw beer all over him. More than one glass. Then she bragged about it on camera.

If I was that dude, I'd have already been lining up a lawyer.

Commendable no-bulshit attitude, now I like her more. If you're being an asshole, you're getting treated as an asshole.

Assault is assault. I commend the sentiment, but responding to words with violence, no matter how restrained, is precisely the sort of things these hypocrites trip all over themselves condemning on a regular basis.

because that's not an Indicator if something's good.