What is the greatest graphic novel in your opinion?

>Mine: V for Vendetta

>Mine: V for Vendetta
nice meme

If series as a whole are allowed, sandman.

Its not the kind of series I can read over and over again, as a matter of fact only read them once, but damn if I didn't love it.

Please define graphic novel beforehand; every user here has a different definition for it.

Also: Corto Maltese -Ballad of the Salty Sea.

Correct answer.

Watchman

Sandman as the other user says is incredible although even its spin off Lucifer is too regardless of the abortion of a tv show it has on fox.Wicked and Divine,Preacher,Monstress,Persepolis too I'd say.

Moore's Swamp Thing run

>graphic novel

you mean comic book?

It changes regularly.

When we're talking Moore, it's From Hell for me. That shit constantly surprised me.

Otherwise, right now I think my favorite one might be Enigma by Peter Milligan.

Agreed. I've read that shit like a dozen times, which I can't say about most graphic novels. There's a lot of layers going on.

My one gripe: the art. It's not that it's bad, it's that some characters look the same, i.e. it's tough to distinguish them without a context cue.

Dropsie Avenue

Wicked and Divine is tumblr shit, a poor imitation of Lucifer and Sandman

I personally put A Contract With God over Dropsie, but good choice

Enigma is a good choice user, really under
appreciated

I think Dropsie is a lot more sophisticated and ambitious. While Contract With God has stories from the tenement buildings, Dropsie Avenue gets right to the essense of life in them, and even explores the evolution of urban neighbourhoods in general.

Kid, sandman's already a tumblrized Swamp Thing. Not that it hasn't good moments

The Multiversity is miles above anything.

It's not even a graphic novel, idiot.

There are plenty of other posters who made the same mistake, but I want to single you out because you're the most recent idiot.

I can't believe none of you have said the correct answer you fucking hipsters.

From Hell

Just ONE? I've got about ten favourite GN's! In no particular order:
1-800 MICE by Matthew Thurber
Ant Colony by Michael Deforge
The King of Persia by Walt Holcombe
Heartbreak Soup by Beto and The Education of Hopey Glass by Jaime
Summer of Love by Debbie Drechsler
Sick by Gabby Schulz
My New York Diary by Julie Doucet
Dark Knight Returns By Frank Miller
The first Nexus Omnibus by Mike Baron and Steve Rude.
Wally Gropius and/or Sir Alfred #3 by Tim Hensley
Skyscrapers of the Midwest by Joshua Cotter.
I could probably come up with another ten easily.

>graphic novel

>names a series

Yeah, he should have wrote graphic novel OR collected series, to be fair. We're all fucking pedants here, Sup Forumsmrade!

It's great but maybe you're overestimating it a bit.

>Sandman and Alan Moore comics are hipster choices.
m8

i dunno if I can choose just one and i know it's cliche but Watchmen is really fucking good

If we're really limiting to graphic novels, then maybe Asterios Polyp. But I assume you meant graphic novel or collected edition, which would put it between Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Boy on Earth and American Splendor for me.

Recently, I really dug the Motherless Oven, underrated little book.