Is "It" a lovecraftian creature?

Is "It" a lovecraftian creature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

clearly it's kafkaesque

He's like some cosmic embodiment of entropy and consumption.

Technically yes. He's cosmic and has no true form

so, lovecraftian.

>lovecraftian creature
>loses to a bunch of kids and their power of friendship
kek

No it's just a giant spider that hates a giant turtle and can be defeated by gang bangs. I don't remember the story where Yog Sothoth was defeated by an orgy so I'd say no.

I'd say he's more Lynchian or Kubrickesque than anything.

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o

I would say IT's quite Nolanesque in its memetic flair

Lovecraftian you say? Well that will take too much of my already limited time to explain why he can't be considered lovecraftian. Maybe some other time. You're still far away.

>loses to a bunch of kids and their power of friendship
top kek. The soppy ending was the pleb cherry on the pleb jumpscare shitfest cake

Its very reminiscent of the works by stephen king, it might even be dare i say kingesque.

I dunno, friendship actually plays a pretty big role in this cartoon I'm writing with a lot of Lovecraftian themes (you can contribute with a donation to my Patreon, if you're interested).

ITT: underage faggots who think their shitty memes are cool

Wrong, their power of friendship just let them access the of A'Tuin's power.

Cthulhu got beaten by getting rammed by a boat

That was retconned as just being a Doombot.

>a bunch of kids get lost in the sewer so they run a train on the girl to calm down and find their way out
Very Kingesque. The influence is felt.

More Lynchian. Stephen King was heavily influenced by Inland Empire.

That's not an orgy that was a boat.

ITP: overage redditor who can't enjoy spicy cool memes anymore

What expression is he trying to convey in this scene? Also, what is the context of it?

Can I get some context for this scene?

you're probably the contrarian faggot who pretends to root for every villain

the most well known lovecraftian creature lost to a boat running into it, it was also the size of a skyscraper

Beg wakes up locked in a sewer after being kidnapped by Pennywise.
There's a big door that says Pennywise the Dancing Clown.
Bev tries to escape.
A jukebox starts playing in front of the Pennywise door and it stops then the door opens up.
Pennywise is inside then starts dancing.
She tries making a run for it and he jumps off from his dance to stop her.

Sad but very true.
Lovecraftian horrors cannot be killed with brute force but can be put away for a few millennia through incredibly mundane means like friendship, magic dust, or a stern talking to.
It goes with the territory.

>a stern talking to.
fucking kek

Usually uttered by a decrepit professor in a long dead language who spent 50% of the story at the library looking for the incantation and 40% of the story getting carried to the horror by Chad & company.

Where exactly did that scene take place? What kind of sewer has a chamber that tall with a grate on top of it? Couldn't someone just walk by the grate and see all those kids floating around?

It's not scary as much as it is disturbing and unsettling

ENOUGH FROM THE LOVECRAFT POSTERS

theres a hint of nolanesque sprinkled in there.

So is every other living thing.

Lovecraftian beings don't care about humans at all, they're like insects. Pennywise is dependent on humans as sustenance, so not exactly

And they say body horror is dead.

In the book its implied that the sewer system itself has been corrupted by IT's influence and morphed in labyrinth thats virtually impossible to navigate with bullshit Power of 7 powers from the Turtle

"It" is the dark souls of lovecraftian movies

Why are the all so casual about it
I'd be on the floor shitting myself profusely

downvoted

user, Cthulhu is killed in a boating accident.

So yes, "IT" is a very lovecraftian creature.

For fuck's sake, it's an unfathomable malevolent thing from an alternate universe and beyond human comprehension.

>giant intergalactic spider
>beaten by a asthma inhaler

bravo stephen

I love you man, have a pretty jew boy.

I'm guessing they are used to it. Besides, the dog will live and the holes should heal up.

>implying Lovecraft was the only person to write "Lvecraftian" cosmic horror, even during his own time

No, IT's motivations can be understood which is fundamental to something like cosmic horror. IT's just a hungry boy(girl)

It's a shame his name became synonymous with the genre. There were so many better authors than him.

They are happy to help the doggy.

Pennywise is the lowest tier only better than a Shoggoth because of it's intelligence.
If it's eggs had hatched then might have been a national threat in 10,000 years or more.

I was afraid to click on it because of what I might feel watching that.
Now I'm more afraid that I felt nothing.

that part in ops pic when he starts dancing looked fucking retarded

o h my fucking god

In the books, "the power of friendship" and belief are really just the fuel that powers the Ritual of Chüd taught to Bill by Maturin.