Would it work as a Western animated series?

Would it work as a Western animated series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ieUk9xXp2yA
youtube.com/watch?v=kSzQKaOsCBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It would work better probably.

They played around with the idea of a CGI series a few years ago.
Trini was cute as fuck.

It works best as a Japanese Live Action series.

Its working pretty good as a western comic book

Yes, it's called Voltron Legendary Defender.

This.

Touche

This is my problem with all the attention the first serie is getting this year, with the upcoming movie, the mega battle game (even with the unlockables) and the ongoing comic book, I mean I like the first one as much as anyone, but its mostly because of the nostalgia, there are so much interesting ones who could use another take to see more about but will never happen because MEMBER MIGHTY MORPHIN?

I know Mighty Morphin was the only one I ever watched and I feel like this isn't uncommon for my age group, because it wasn't long before Power Rangers seemed to be deemed universally "for babies"and I dropped it all together

I still remember the chants of "GO GO POTTY TRAINERS" any kid who watched it received after that initial point where it was cool for us young kids

How do you want your zords fampai?

AND COMBINE

Well to be fair even if the series sometimes has its moments and besides what the hardcore fanbase would say, it has always been a show for kids intended for selling toys, so even if the "for babies" point is just childish it has a bit of true.

As for example I can't deny that my liking to the series/universe as such doesnt come from the fact that it was my favourite as a kid

Why do the mammoth and triceritops zords have way too many legs?

It would remove the shlocky-ness of it but probably turn it into an actual good action series if done right

>newer ones are shit besides RPM
Feels good knowing that I stopped watching them as they started getting sit.

Also what makes Lightspeed/Dino Thunder good? I don't remember the plots much besides tommy being the mentor of the rangers in Dino

>what makes Dino Thunder good?
It's a nice little throwback series that feels like a remake of Mighty Morphin' tonally but with better dialogue.

Alien shit.

Pterodactyl: 0 legs
Tyrannosaurus: 2 legs
Sabre Tooth Tiger: 4 legs
Triceratops: 6 legs
Mastodon?: 8 legs

Exactly, da fugg?

Never ever.

I am shocked RPM was released the way it was. That series was REALLY messed up.

I honestly wish that series got more attention, I think it could go mainstream.

It definitely was the most mainstream.
I think that the movie should have taken some notes from it in terms of tone.

Maybe it did, who knows?
Director seems to want to skew campy for some aspects.

I don't think it was, Disney/Jetix shafted it, many fans were burnt out over many previous terrible series, and the mainstream public still saw Power Rangers for little kids.

It already was a live action cartoon. Power Rangers follows the same template first set by cartoons like He-Man and Transformers.

I meant, in that it was the most mainstream leaning.

It felt like an honest to god well rounded show.
I know that it didn't make the crossover out of the PR ghetto. Shame that.

>It already was a live action cartoon. Power Rangers follows the same template first set by cartoons like He-Man and Transformers.

Uh...how? I never watched He-Man, but Transformers was never in the "monster of the week" formula that Power Rangers popularized....nor were the episodes that formuliac at all, in fact the most recent Transformers show that actually was in this style seemed more like Power Rangers than Power Rangers ever seemed like Transformers

What is the gimmick here?

Wait, we are getting Zoids?

Trains.
Lots and lots of trains.

goat

Dino Thunder made pretty clever use of the weirder parts of its source footage. Like the time the rangers watched an episode of Abaranger and roasted it.

>What do the japanese know about Power Rangers?

That was a great episode.
My only problem was that their homaging the Green Ranger arc with the White Ranger petered out.

clickety clack down the track

youtube.com/watch?v=ieUk9xXp2yA

youtube.com/watch?v=kSzQKaOsCBg
At least he finally cut his hair, right?

This. Voltron is the best power rangers show of all time.

>that small sample of the theme

Probably top 5 or top 3 theme
And DT and RPM had my favorite nods and winks like that.

It's a rare treat to discuss power rangers on Sup Forums, I hate going on Sup Forums.

Don't forget about the Lightspeed insignia right behind Tommy

What's with the random Sentai emblems in the background?

Maybe Tommy was using all that free time to catch up on his Sentai.

>Space
>god tier
This is a good chart.

When are we going to get a cross over movie with the new TMNT and Power Rangers movies?

>there are so much interesting ones who could use another take to see more about but will never happen because MEMBER MIGHTY MORPHIN?
No fucking kidding.

>Dino Thunder in Top Tier
>Dino Thunder and Rescue above SPD
How?

Because Tommy.

What?