Why aren't there any war movies where both sides have sympathetic characters fighting each other?

Why aren't there any war movies where both sides have sympathetic characters fighting each other?

Was watching Downfall and the scenes with the Hitler youth fighting the Russians hit me for some reason and I can't explain why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8JDkdc246QQ
youtu.be/jFgbpkhP-js
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Paradis_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhoudt_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drancy_internment_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascq_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulle_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardenne_Abbey_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celle_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardelegen_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Kondomari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razing_of_Kandanos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distomo_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Kalavryta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardeatine_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boves_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponary_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_bombing_of_Rotterdam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_AB-Aktion_in_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huta_Pieniacka_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tannenberg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_Death_(Bydgoszcz)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidice_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczurowa_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_Ostrowiecka_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochota_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Lwów_professors
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidkamin_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koriukivka_massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao like Hitler is sympathetic.

watch more movies

youtube.com/watch?v=8JDkdc246QQ

ITT: doesn't watch Game of Thrones

Because (((((they))))) would never let it slide

Because they usually suck and feel overly preachy.

If they were sympathetic to both sides one side would have to lose. Who wants to watch a movie about a bunch of looooooosers.

I know.

Like, fucking Wonder Woman turned WW1 Germans into monstrous baby-eaters even though it was literally an imperialist war where every single side was awful.

How can you sympathize with a government that'd rather use 13-year old boys to fight for a dead regime than their fucking adult women?

Before you faggots came along I would have given 20 years tops before we started seeing WWII shooters from the German perspective. There would have been a contraversy but as it happened more and more it would be less and less contraversial. Now, I'll be amazed if we see that in the next century.

Does Kelly's Heroes count? they share the gold with the german dude at the end

lol, that literally wasn't the case on any level though.

I would agree.

name ONE (1) country involved in WW1 that wasn't ultimately just trying to expand their territorial holdings

I guess you haven't seen Flags of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima. The movies show both sides of the same battle, with sympathetic characters on either side.

The Great Illusion

They are all drinking tea and apologizing for killing each other.

Wasn't Ares a British politician though?
It seems like they were trying to make it seem like all sides were in the wrong but it didn't translate well, especially with making Ludendorff a moustache-twisting cartoon villain.

Murrica

What? Nigga I'm saying that at no point in the film were the WW1 soldiers portrayed as "monstrous baby-eaters". Only a retard with an agenda would come out of from the film with that conclusion.

You're delusional if you think women can fight better than 13 year old boys.

Are there any movies that arent just WWII propaganda?

Usually whenever Nazis are in a movie theya re goose stepping everywhere, yelling HIEL HITLER every 10 seconds and strangling babies.

Most german soldiers were just 17-20 year old kids fresh out of school, just like everybodys elses army. They didnt want to be there just like everyone else.

Tell that to all the Germans who died on the Eastern Front.
And even if they WEREN'T, the Germans were desperate enough to throw in old people and kids, they should've been desperate enough to throw in women. But of course they were white-knighting m'lady faggots, really grinds my fucking gears.

Stalingrad

Cross of Iron

Generation of War miniseries

Funny how this movie would be controversial today.

>sympathy for a government

No, it's sympathy for impressionable kids led to believe what they're doing was right. Defending the people you care about and your home isn't wrong in the slightest but being misled into dying for someone's dream sure is.

So the Nazis took Bloody Mess?

Because of fucking jews, what do you think?

why can't you faggots stay in your sandbox?

>Murrica
>joined near the end of the war in promise of gaining territory
come on user, at least canada fought for teh lulz

309 confirmed kills
Nazi cis shitlords BTFO

The Soviet Union was a fucking awful regime but I've gotta give them props for actually conscripting women into the fighting
Instead of letting them sit at home and do nothing while whining about "muh wars" and "muh we're the real victims"

>Was watching Downfall and the scenes with the Hitler youth fighting the Russians hit me for some reason and I can't explain why.

because you're a filthy parasitic neckbeard with severe social awkwardness who blames others for your miserable ugly existence

>should've been desperate enough to throw in women. But of course they were white-knighting
>being this retarded
you have no idea of the war economy and how it works
but to put it simple that even a mongoloid like you could understand
If you kill off all your manufacturing labour, that is, a workforce that creates arms, supply your forces ect
Then kill off your self replicating resources for more troops.
you are gonna have a very short and unsuccessful war.

fucking idiot.

You mean films that portray the Nazi's as the cowardly cucks they actually were?

idk

You can't spin literal fucking Nazis into sympathetic characters.

Maybe those dindunuffins shouldn't have killed all those civilians if they didn't want everybody to hate them?

Soviet's didn't seem to have a problem with that, champ.
And they won.

thank you for the redpill, friend

>being a pyschopath that can't relate to children being children doing what is told of them by adults
>this projection

Fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled from you fucking baby.

Gods and Generals is required viewing if you enjoyed Gettysburg.

Who says you can't? Look at Schindler's List and how the first hour of the movie the guy is just making a buck and the shit with Gert Frobe after it was revealed he was a nazi.

keep worshiping your dead cucks who lost 70 years ago, neckbeard. You're not a virgin because of Jews, you're a virgin because God hates you

How am I worshipping anything you fucking tard? I'm just giving you actual reasons as to why someone could find something sympathetic and you're just spoiting buzz words.

This is literally true about the g*rmans though

I really did feel for the Germans when I heard the stories of Stalingrad.
It also made me even more perplexed at how there can be unironic Hitler fanboys when he just left the 6th army to die out there after his blunders on the Eastern Front.

Oh good, antifa has shown up.

Into the White is a decent one about RAF and Luftwaffe pilots that get stranded together and have to survive. Ron Weasley's in it.
Saints and Soldiers is I think the name of the other reasonable one I saw, it's about the Malmedy Massacre and the survivors. The treatment of the whole situation was pretty fair, ie the prisoners were shot because they started fighting with the guards. Largely about some American survivors and a captured German that one of them met on a mission trip years before.

>no nipples on the titties

For what purpose?

Gotta throw as many bodies as possible in the way to slow the enemy down long enough for winter to win your battles for you

its usually american stormfags that can handle the most cognitive dissonance.
also slavic neo-nazis are a thing for some reason

There was some war movie that had the soldiers singing Christmas carols together in their separate trenches.

The next day they killed each other.

>Oh good, antifa has shown up.

Not your Stormfront safe space faggot

Gundam.

Wasn't that also an episode of Band of Brothers

>talk to each other in English
>sing in German

0080 really hammers the point hard of both sides having sympathetic people

youtu.be/jFgbpkhP-js

Thats been in lots of movies cause it actually happened.

In fact most soldiers dont even try to kill each other, they shoot in the area of the enemy without actually trying to hit them. Militaries in modern times have all been focused on how to reduce this and actually make people into killers with varying success.

0080 is a kick in the balls
>Hamburger

>Why aren't there any war movies where both sides have sympathetic characters fighting each other?
>sympathetic characters
>characters
maybe like 13-year old soldiers...

>Made by Earthnoids
>Propaganda about Zion dropping colonies and gassing fellow Spacenoids
please user.
And I've been to Australia too btw, and I didn't see any damn crater.

because jews dont like germans
because jews dont like gooks
/thread

>both sides are equal meme

NO. FUCK YOU KRAUT.

GERMANS WERE THE BADDIES BOTH DUBYAS. DEAL WITH IT.

came to post this

>Why aren't there any war movies where both sides have sympathetic characters fighting each other?
Why don't you actually watch some war movies instead of posting shitty Sup Forumsbait?

Only the movies are Feddie propaganda. The original series shows why we call it "The White Devil".

>asking about movies on a movie board is bait

I like Chappelle too user wanna talk about him?

What the fuck does OP's question have to do with Sup Forums?

>In fact most soldiers dont even try to kill each other
source?

>obviously false statement about no movies portraying both sides equally
>Downfall
Just look at the thread. OP's post is a dog whistle that works every time.

Did Japan really ever have any communication with Germany? Reading about Unit 731 they had their experiments on humans too.

>Germans lined up and machine gun'd POW's because "they started a fight"

lol@this damage control

Maybe OP doesn't watch a lot of movies and was looking for recommendations. Not everything is your boogeyman out to ruin your precious board full of memes.

Israel has very good relations with non-muslim countries in Asia, China, singapore, south korea, vietnam, and Japan in particular. wtf are you talking about?

USA.
They took land, and didn't want any. Wilson's big thing was the self determination of formally subjugated peoples, at least in Europe. And the establishment of a the League of Nations that would ensure future wars didn't happen. And the US didn't even join the League.

Also maybe Portugal, but their contribution was pretty limited.

Canada wasn't an independent nation at that time. It's not like Canada joined the war on their own accord.

Sup Forums feeling bad for the nazi's in Downfall when all they do is cry and have autistic temper tantrums is pretty hilarious

So maybe OP is out of touch but isn't it wise to steer them in the right direction to things that solves the problem instead of calling it bait?

Boy in The Striped Pajamas was a great movie and it's got the same deal with that specific part of Downfall with kids being the focus of dealing with shit they shouldn't have to giving a sympathetic air to both sides.

Fury. Easily.
>US GIs committing war crimes
>Germans fighting tooth and nail, explains they're desperate and fighting for their nation's defense
>German Wehrmacht soldier in the end lets the GI escape with his life
Ofc the movie had to meme the SS as children killers, but still

Stop trying to hide, Sup Forumsrat. I know it wounds you to get named but it's pathetic

Germans are easy villains for Hollywood because the real Germans will almost never complain about being made into villains on screen.

but the author of starship troopers did want to do a pro-army movie didnt he?

>SS killing kids is a meme!

maybe if they didn't kill so many kids IRL they wouldn't have had it as a reputation

author of the book and the director of the movie are two very different things. Starship Troopers the movie didn't even have the director read the book and it's a parody of fascism.

i´m german and fury really is the only war movie that actually made me mad.
that one fucking scene where the officer was so comically evil with the kids attacking the tank, him smiling and walking in the opposite direction while the area filled with fog. just no

Be honest with me. Do you seriously only visit one board on this entire website?

They only have that reputation thanks to Jewish academics and Hollywood producers.

>LoTR

Explain because that is legitimately stupid even putting it there with the rest of those unless you're GRRM.

>Get Out

Haven't seen it but looks pretty funny but that's a bias I'll admit since Key and Peele were involved.

and yet all the "real germans" on Sup Forums do nothing but cry about people bullying them all day

it's almost like child soldiers are inherently fucking depressing or something who knew

Sup Forums doesn't reflect reality

There are no real Germans on Sup Forums because their government throws them in jail for speaking their mind.

You know that Sup Forums isn't just white people right?

and here you are with a anti-german folder.
you´re on the very same level as the idiots on Sup Forums making nigger/jew/spic-hate threads

That's probably what I'm thinking of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Paradis_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhoudt_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drancy_internment_camp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascq_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulle_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardenne_Abbey_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celle_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardelegen_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Kondomari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razing_of_Kandanos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distomo_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Kalavryta
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardeatine_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boves_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponary_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_bombing_of_Rotterdam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_AB-Aktion_in_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huta_Pieniacka_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tannenberg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_Death_(Bydgoszcz)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidice_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczurowa_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_Ostrowiecka_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wola_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochota_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Lwów_professors
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidkamin_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koriukivka_massacre

>muh jews made all this up!!!!

lmao

>Hitler youth fighting the Russians hit me for some reason

Didn't hit me at all. Maybe because I'm Russian and it's obvious that we should've purified everything from Memel to Berlin.

But gods and generals is shit

During World War II, Japan was regarded as a safe refuge from the Holocaust, despite being a part of the Axis and an ally of Germany. A Japanese diplomat single handedly saved 6000 European Jews, although at his own initiative and by risking his career.Throughout the war, the Japanese government continually rejected requests from the German government to establish anti-Semitic policies.

There were however elements in the Imperial Japanese government who thought that Protocols of the Elders of Zion was a genuine document, so being autistic, the Japanese encouraged Jewish refugees to settle in Manchukuo or Japan-occupied Shanghai, in order to gain the benefit of the Jews' supposed economic prowess

it's a known fact that Sup Forumsestine includes a large buttblasted sand nigger contingent

Saving Private Ryan does a fair job imo. Good balance between POV perception and realistic sense. Band of Brothers also kind of too.

Come and See is a weird one though, it portrays Nazis as inhuman demons pretty much but given the context of the movie (Supposed to be from a child's perception, and took place in Russia where Germans were probably the most egregious) it really works to the films advantage.