What's the cutoff for quality films? As in, when did movies go from great to bad? 2010? Earlier? Why did movie sgo bad?

What's the cutoff for quality films? As in, when did movies go from great to bad? 2010? Earlier? Why did movie sgo bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/878002/the-movies-are-dead-according-to-martin-scorsese-and-ridley-scott/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

qz.com/878002/the-movies-are-dead-according-to-martin-scorsese-and-ridley-scott/
Just read this.

Quality is still improving. Guys in 30s could only dream of something that was already a standard in 60s. However guys from 60s probably were dreaming of picture quality we have now. And so on.

There are plenty of good films released every year. Sup Forums just focuses on blockbusters and nerd stuff because the demographic here is primarily young males.

While I don't believe theres really a hard cutoff for movie quality, i've always felt like the 80's were this magical decade for film in general.
>Ghostbusters
>Goonies
>Back to the Future
>Robocop
>The Terminator
>Raising Arizona
Everything felt like it had heart and soul.
It could just be nostalgia goggles, but it feels like its been a while since theres been a noticable great run like that.

You're completely missing the point. Film is so much more than picture quality.

The rise of capeshit.

Again, see

>Le wrong generation fags
Kill yourself, shut up, be the change you think the world needs or get some fucking taste

I beg to differ. This movie was the beginning of the end.

Not really. Star Wars would have come out regardless.

Sound quality?

There were plenty of dog shit movies in every decade. You millenials just think older decades were better because you've only seen the stuff that was good enough to stay relevant or because it's what you grew up on.

Scorsese and especially Ridley have made plenty of shitty movies so they need to take a look in the mirror or shut the fuck up.

There isn't one you fucking lobster bothering chutney ferret.

>heart and soul
this is pretty much the issue,there is none.
now it is all about making $$$ and reviews rather than making great cinema and telling a compelling tale.
Originality is very scarce too.
I doubt we will get back to originality until all the cape crap cinematic universes and cash grab sequels have run there course.

in all honesty though, i think hollywood is incompetent and only a few movies in a decade are ever original or made with passion.

Shit hollywood can't even make a single decent vidya movie despite having near infinite source material and various attempts at adapting vidya games to movie.

>There were plenty of dog shit movies in every decade.

Thank you. This could not be more true. It's like how Sup Forums was acting like The Emoji Movie was the worst thing ever when crappy kids movies have been around since at least the 80s.

I agree with you 100%, but Jaws came out first. That's why I said it was the beginning of the end.

>Breaking news: disillusioned old men think the new generation is bad

1999. Everything turned to shit after that that. There was alot of shit before 2000. There was little to no quality after 2000.

Have you guys considered that you're just not seeking out lesser known stuff that's not showing at your local megaplex? For example, pic related came out over the summer and was quite good but Sup Forums barely made a peep about it.

>picture quality

Yes its the texture of the paper and the quality of the ink that makes a book a great book.

Yourself, please neck.

>repost if you would rather listen to Iron Maiden instead of Justin Bieber XD

But they're right. Name one film from 2017 that even comes close to being as good as something like Raging Bull or Taxi Driver.

Scorsese and Ridley have also made masterpieces.

i know that dogshit is made in every decade but my point is that back then, taxi driver was in popular movies and now popular movies only show shitty superhero movies. i mean we really got the short end of the stick for theaters compared to people who grew up in 70s/80s.

Yes. Paper and ink quality matters. Objectively wise that's only thing that matters, as good quality ink and paper will make book able to survive longer. From practical point, book that survives longer is better. All rest is matter of readers opinions, not raw, scientific fact.

I do get what you're saying there. Taxi Driver was made on a pretty tiny budget even for the time. Actor salaries and overall production costs for mainstream films now are just out of control insane.

>first summer blockbuster

There's a sliver of truth to your opinion