X-MEN: NEW MUTANTS

Thoughts on this, Sup Forums?

>Written and directed by Josh Boone ("The Fault of Our Stars")

>Centers on a group of young mutant students at the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters who embark on an adventure of their own.

>Team is formed by Mirage, Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, Wolfsbane, Warlock and Lockheed.

>Allegedly a "Stephen King meets John Hughes"-esque horror movie.

>Demon Bear rumored to be the main villain.

>Maisie Williams being eyed for Wolfsbane.

>Anya Taylor Joy being eyed for Magik

>Nat Wolff being eyed for Cannonball

>James McAvoy eyed for a cameo appearance as Professor Charles Xavier.

>Slated for release on March 2, 2018.

Leaked storyboard sequence.

youtube.com/watch?v=0VSnkkb_q9w

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/788819-exclusive-an-animatic-from-the-new-mutants-movie-lands-online#/slide/1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Could you have found a non-awful picture of Wolvesbane/Rahne?
That couldn't be worse if Manara did it.

>Manara
>bad

>>Slated for release on March 2, 2018.
Shit, mugga. Until then they can scrap it five times.

happening, It's.

More Game of Thrones actors, great

>"The Fault of Our Stars
fuck

more liek Game of Memes am I right

He draws sexual shit because it's the only thing he's good at. Try thinking without your dick.

Call me when Dani is cast.

>Allegedly a "Stephen King meets John Hughes"-esque horror movie.
>New Mutants
What

>>Nat Wolff being eyed for Cannonball
Ears not big enough
pass

Maisie Williams is so fucking ugly.

have you read any of his work or have you only seen the Spider-woman cover

She looks like a cave-woman. I don't see why everyone is scrambling to put her in movies.

>Demon Bear is central villain

Please let them get someone who isn't a pasty-ass motherfucker for Sunspot, and let him actually be charismatic.

>Lockheed
huh

Lockheed is with Ilyana instead of Kitty? Interesting choice I guess.

BENDIS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Are they going to make Lockheed a human?

Lockheed did hang out with Magik in some New Mutants stories, it's not a made up for a movie thing

>no karma
>no cyber
>no gosamyr
>no rictor&shatterstar

its shit

Nigga they're using the original New Mutants. Stop being a fag

>demon bear is magik villain
>Illyana will be the protagonist and not Dani

Except people on Sup Forums will bring it up as a reason Fox fucked up the movie.

Nowhere does it say that. Obviously Dani will be the focus if the Demon Bear is after her.

>best girl gets most screen time
Sounds great.

karma and cyber predate warlock and magik
lockheed had less relevance than gosamyr

Did you come up with that opinion on your own or did the clickbait articles tell you what to think?

>Demon Bear leaves Magik alone to go after a sleeping Dani
>clearly this means the Demon Bear is a Magik villain now

nah. fox will fuck the movie for 2 reasons:

1) they will miss the entire point of why NM was good: it focused on drama and char development, and they will make it vfx-driven action/adventure flick

2)they will hire shitty, ugly actors from popular tv shows; instead of doing a real casting call like the netflix series did

Rahne was hardly a mega hottie during her NM tenure.

gosh it's almost like they cast her as the hairy monstrous wolf person

>Maisie Williams
I don't get the appeal of that midget quasimodo

>>no karma
Poor Shan can never catch a break, can she?

she got better

also went from catholic prude to having threesomes with her bi bf

well Maisie already looks like a mutant so it fits

>Cyber
Why do you want some second rate Wolverine foe in a New Mutant movie?

maisie is cute

Watch the storyboard video, he's still a pet dragon.

Devery Jacobs for Dani y/y?

>Arya Stark
>turning into a wolf

she looks more mexican than native

She's Mohawk

>brown skin
>dark, smooth hair
>dark eyes
did I just describe a North American native or a Mexican

>straight hair
>looks Mexican
I just think you don't know what Natives look like

I mean maybe it's a good casting, I'm just saying she's uggo af.

She looks like a lady Gollum

>Cyber

Fucking casual, it's Cypher.

shut up, she was cute as hell (and used to be my comics waifu before Jubilee)

She was supposed to be the "ugly one" of the group though. Illyanna and Dani were the hot ones that everyone liked.

>Magik
Alright, I'm in, this will be the first time I paid for a ticket to see a Fox-Men movie since X-2

>that inbred-looking abomination in muh X-men movie

I miss this.
Is there a New Mutants omnibus? There should be.

That's adorable.

Wouldn't they just reuse the dude from DoFP?

>Warlock
>no Cypher

le garbage

Cypher doesn't have interesting powers on his own though, so he wouldn't make a good movie character. He has to join with Warlock to fight.

So is arya dead?

actos can, in fact, have multiple projects in a year

sounds like a shit to be honest family

brown mexicans are natives

>Maisie Williams
>Anya Taylor
>Nat Wolff
So they've decided to start casting mutants as mutants now? Could they have picked actors that look any weirder.

Blonde gal looks like she has fetal alcohol syndrome

I have no idea if Nat Wolff is any good but that's great Illyana and Rayne.

the most important casting in comics is Dani Moonstar and I'm ready to be disappointed.

what the hell is Lockheed doing here with out Kitty?! and Warlock without Doug!?!

Doug wasn't even a member of the group during the Demon Bear saga, he joined right after that.

>Written and directed by Josh Boone ("The Fault of Our Stars")
>Maisie Williams
Dropped.

I haven't seen The Fault of Our Stars and not into those types of movies. But it's not a bad fit considering the team is supposed to be younger and deal with a lot of teen drama issues. The director also has two Stephen King movies lined up so he'll probably throw in some of that which would be cool.

Isn't this still just the April fools rumours?
What's your source? Are you sure you didn't just link someone's fanart video?

comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/788819-exclusive-an-animatic-from-the-new-mutants-movie-lands-online#/slide/1

Karma WAS the original New Mutant you fucking goof. Long before Magik was.

Anyway, it's going to be shit and both of those actresses are pretty downsy looking. Maisie especially.

post-necrosha, his powers are pretty interesting and useful

>Illyana will be the protagonist and not Dani
New Mutants was always a 50% Magik book.

>he only read the inferno crossover

Somehow no, would kill for a Claremont/Scienkeviz one at the least. We're getting Epic collections starting in Feb

Karma was only in a few issues then left the team, came back a few issues, left again, ect. And her powers are just mind controlling people which is boring in a movie.

She would also be less useful than cypher against the demon bear.

It's nice that they're actually casting real mutants to play the mutants.

It's funny reading about Doug's early issues and fan reactions. Just read this on wiki

>During his run as a member of the team, Cypher was the least popular of the New Mutants, as series writer Louise Simonson recounted: "He wasn't fun to draw. He just stood around and hid behind a tree during a fight... Every artist who ever did him said 'Can't we kill this guy?' We would get letters from fans about how much they hated him. We never got any letters from people saying they liked him until he was dead."

I'm so fucking scepticle about this.
I mean disregarding the casting choices, this looks pretty interesting.
This seems like they are actually trying to make something heavily based on the actual Claremont comics.
I mean so far they seem to be inted on including:
>a demon sorceress and ruler of a hell dimension
>a pet alien dragon
>a techno-organic alien goo-creature
>a demon bear

The thing is, that this movie would never fit in with the rest of the franchise if it were made like this.
So the cynic in me thinks they will dilute everything down until it stops resembling the comic books.
This might be easy for Magik, who will just get everything tied to her mutation somehow. But it seems weird for Lockheed and especially Warlock.
I guess the Demon Bear could be Dani's creation or something, but Warlock is just a straight-up alien creature. How the fuck would you explain that away?

Maybe they'll just cancel this movie at some point.
I just can't believe the same studio that saw Fantastic Four comics and gave us Fantfourstic, would now go along and just say: Sure, just go ahead and make a movie about demons and aliens.

I want this movie and I want it to be good, but that seems like something that'd be too good to be true, so it probably won't be.

the director has bound volumes of the Claremont stuff at least, he posted pics when the news first broke. i have some faith in him that he'll try to make it good.

I feel Warlock and Magik need they're own movies just about them. They have too complex of background stories to just throw into a team movie no one's heard of.

So perfect Russian character?

Maybe they'll have Illyana trapped in Limbo for years at the end of this movie and the sequel is saving her.

Warlock should be a whole movie

to be fair he was pretty lame

but his days of future past version was cool. probably thats why he got popular later

>scepticle
I'm not usually a grammar Nazi, but goddamn that wasn't even close.
How can you be a fan of written stories and be this semi-literate?

>The thing is, that this movie would never fit in with the rest of the franchise if it were made like this.

they said the same about deadpool and xmen origins

both were pretty good

by now FOX knows that shit can work as long as they hire the right people and dont mess with the production

>They have too complex of background stories to just throw into a team movie no one's heard of.
This I actually disagree on.
I hate this idea of "you need an origin movie for fucking every character in everything ever"
Fucking Darth Vader has an involved backstory and yet he was just in Star Wars with barely two lines of backstory layed out. Nobody was annoyed by that.
I wish morons would stop being so vocal so studios would start giving audiences some credit again.

Just make a cool movie with cool characters and if people like them you can still decide to do a spin-off or origin movie later on. The viewer doesn't need to know every intricate detail of every character right away to enjoy a movie.

probably autocorrect?

it explains most nonsensical word choices these days

Not a native speaker. Also it's 3 am. Also your language is full of fucking homonyms and most of the time, spelling is completely up to random chance.
So it's written fucking skeptical. Fine.
Also spelling isn't part of grammar. So that's not a grammar mistake.

nigger what browser are you using?

ff/chrome and their forks have built in basic spell check

>spin-off or origin movie later on
using your own example, this is a terrible idea

Karma doesn't do anything but try and fail because plot, Cypher exists just to powercreep the fuck out and be a translator, Gosamyr is meh af, and Rictor and Shatterstar are 2late

i would make magik the weird girl that the rest don't talk to until shit starts going down and she's the only one that knows what's going on. As another user says, you can do more of her backstory latee. Alternatively you could keep her shrouded in mystery until you do an Inferno adaptation.

t. marvelcuck

Maybe she was closer to average than the other ones, but definitely not ugly. She only thought she was because of years of abuse by Reverend Craig.
Also the hot one was supposed to be Amara.

there's an artist direct edition for like 250