This is my second time re-watching Mad Men this year, and 5th time in the past two years

This is my second time re-watching Mad Men this year, and 5th time in the past two years.

How did they manage to make a series so re-watchable?

>Rewatching series
>Instead of watching a new series to add to your list of watched TV shows

So this is the power of made men fans

>rewatching the most unrewatchable show this side of The Wire

>How did they manage to make a series so re-watchable?

Good actors
Good writing
Good cinematography
No forced black characters
Good ole white america

this. one time was enough to make me want to kill myself. the show was obviously made by women, for women
oh look don fucked another 10/10 and then cries about his brother killing himself. :(

>Re-watching soap operas

you should do a reddit ama

a rare breed

Not OP, but I don't even know what to watch right now. I want a good show with a single story arc. I enjoyed shit like The Next Generation, Babylon 5, SG-1, X-Files and stuff, but I want a show that doesn't have those filler episodes or monster of the week.

I'm considering Mad Men because I think that's the only one I really haven't seen. I loved Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Peaky Blinders, The Wire, Oz, Six Feet Under, The Strain, Helix, True Detective, The Sopranos, Rome, Spartacus, Deadwood, Band of Brothers...and so on.

I don't know if there's anything left to watch. Maybe I will try Mad Men.

Oh fuck, is it really like a Soap Opera? I didn't like Twin Peaks because of that shit. Well never mind then, guess I'll look for something else.

It's a period drama, ignore that retard.

Seeing the list of shows that you loved, I bet that you'll really like Mad Men. Give the first season a shot, or at least the pilot, see how you like it.

it's not
well it is but only in a very superficial sense
it is def worth watching great characters with great stories
as this user says it is about a time and place long gone, a place of daytime drinking and smoking at your desk. of pinching womens asses and gentlemen scoundrels

>It's a period drama
Because it was written by women?

>tfw you will never be a semi-attractive white male working in an ad agency in 1960s Manhattan

question: why did they suddenly start cussing and throwing f-bombs later in the show, beginning with season 5? it felt out of place and kind of threw me off, it's like they suddenly tried to get edgy and hip, it looked like the show lost its class and dignity.

>No forced black characters
Maybe not, but there sure were a lot of forced Jewish characters, and a whole lot of time spent on Jewish culture. Also, there were lots of moments when minorities were shown as innocent victims of discrimination, which I'm sure was prevalent but the scenes felt very hamfisted.

>semi-attractive

I couldn't finish season 1. It's literally a soap opera for """"men""""

>being completely incapable of expressing your thoughts without relying on shitposting memes
so this.... is the power.... of reddit..........

>period drama
As if that keeps it from being a soap opera. The drama is straight out of General Hospital. I know because my mom watched both shows.
>about a time and place long gone
No it's not. That's the setting. It's about office and domestic drama.

>it's like they suddenly tried to get edgy and hip
You mean like they were entering the 70's

a lot of the characters are being warped by the counter-culture of the mid to late 60s in subtle ways (as in they're not immediately turning into hippies but they're losing a part of that straight-laced clean early 60s feeling), which you can tell by attitude and clothing/facial hair as well.

Yeah I didn't like it either. The first time the f-bomb was dropped the characters made a big deal out of it, and then Peggy starting dropping f-bombs, disappointing.

Why was he such a weeaboo???

I've always found this show really boring and could never get into it. I've tried about three different times over the past 6 years or so.

Enjoy all the other prestige dramas like The Sopranos and The Wire, so I really wanted to get into this one as well.

It's not for everyone.

Is that what we consider a weaboo now? Anybody who shows an interest in any part of Japanese culture whatsoever?

I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER REWATCHED A SERIES IN MY LIFE

>peggy invites the first black secretary into her home
>she instantly steals something
nah

I don't know man, Don and Sterling seemed pretty anti-Jewish.

>have we ever hired any Jews?
>not on my watch

I think he's say being half as attractive as Don would suffice

We can agree that Lane was the best character in the series, right? Along with Ken, of course.

the best things in life are free ;_;

try fargo