Mary Shelley's Frankstein

Formerly Sneed's

>Frankenstein

>Robert DeNiro played Frankenstein

cape fear? idk what movie this is from, and I've never seen cape fear

Nah, that's Raging Bull 2

Was it kino?

>Robert DeNiro played Frankenstein
Except he didn't faggot. Kenneth Branagh did.

Yes, people call the monster Frankenstein even though it's the name of the doctor. Move on and accept it already.

It was a great performance, so you're probably retarded.

>Frankenstein
What the fuck is wrong with you?

STOP CALLING THE MONSTER FRANKENSTEIN YOU FUCKINGSTEIN

>Book describes him as a 8-9 foot tall, jaundiced, otherworldly Adonis and the book is alternatively titled "The Modern Prometheus"
>DUDE WHAT IF HE WAS UGLY AND ALL STICHED UP AND SHIT AND HAD BOLTS IN HIS NECK AND STUFF?! XD

I'm going as frankenstein for halloween

So you're going as a mad scientist?

No it's shit. An awful shrieking bore of a film. A disgrace to a book that's very subtle.

Also De Niro is awful and totally miscast.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! *milks giant cow*

>>Book describes him as a 8-9 foot tall, jaundiced, otherworldly Adonis
>otherworldly Adonis
>Adonis
Did we read the same book? The creature was described as hideous

I'm almost positive it described him as otherworldly uncanny and not downright ugly, like he was a Greek statue or something.

He had a rotting yellow eye and was held together with stitches.

Dr. Frankenstein is effectively the father of his monster, therefore calling the monster Frankenstein is thematically accurate, and a well and good thing to do.

There have been some graphic novels with a depiction like that.
I dunno about any movies though

>whatabout

>YOU FUCKINGSTEIN

generic zombie
this would probably look way better with long hair though

AND STOP CALLING ALL VAMPIRES DRACULA

>that ALIVE spark on the hillside
>that birth scene
>that chest-punching scene
>that suicide by lantern
>that OTHER suicide by fire
Nah m8, shit's kino as fuark

His name is "Frankenstein's Monster" not "Frankenstein".

No he didn't.

trip 9's beats a pair of 5's

Shelley described Frankenstein's monster as an 8-foot-tall (2.4 m), hideously ugly creation, with translucent yellowish skin pulled so taut over the body that it "barely disguised the workings of the arteries and muscles underneath"; watery, glowing eyes, flowing black hair, black lips, and prominent white teeth. The monster attempts to integrate himself into human society, but is shunned by all who see him. This compels him to seek revenge against his creator. A picture of the creature appeared in the 1831 edition. Early stage portrayals dressed him in a toga, shaded, along with the monster's skin, a pale blue. Throughout the 19th century, the monster's image remained variable according to the artist.

I'm sorry your skills of literary analysis pale in comparison to mine.

He was physically attractive, but had off-colored eyes and skin, etc.

See the original illustration.

>giving him those wide hips
frankenstein was the true monster

>2017
>still being autistic about calling the monster "Frankenstein"

>2017
>people still getting this shit wrong

How does the /lit/ for classic movie monster stand up today? I've only read Frankenstein and Dracula. Drac had some good spoop, but lots of Moby Dick tier filler. Might read Invisible Man this October.

I think it's safe to assume the books deacription is more accurate than some artists version. Fucker was terrible to behold, otherwise he would have had no trouble fitting in.

Point is book Frankenstein is way cooler than most versions we see today.

He was frightening because he had black lips and yellow skin, and towered over everyone. Physically, there was nothing wrong with him. No malformed features or stitches.

That lithograph comes from the revised edition, if Shelly had an issue, she would've objected.

(((Frankenstein)))

still better looking than his half breed mongrel kids

Looks like Tommy Lee Jones in bad makeup

mickey rourke?

Only thing i remember from this movie is him eating that potato.

>being a cracked cuck

>using reddit buzzwords

>DeNiro chose to work with Branagh telling his own style of a classic novel
morons the lot of you questioning this. Youre going to start spamming DeNiro played Super Mario in Brazil next.

It's a pretty bad movie. Director ruined his own movie by casting himself in the lead. What a cunt.

>Moby Dick tier filler
You're saying Dracula has some of the best filler ever?

he does that in most, altho this one was subpar

Because it was an extremely faithful adaptation with a great actor who was unafraid to appear in a disfigured character in order to deliver the requisite performance of a beloved and terrifying story, you absolute faggot.

Yes, people complain about people calling the monster Frankenstein even though it's the name of the doctor. Move on and accept it already.

>Might read Invisible Man this October
It's worth a read, but the film surpasses it in every way.

I know right? It's Frankenstain.

No, he played the monster

>implying hollywood is not full of frankenstein's monsters

>posts that pic without jimmy Carr filename

>thematically accurate,
I'm pretty sure DeNirostein straight up says it in the movie too in the opening.

I will not accept people's stupidity on something so significant to a story.

You are dead wrong. And "the modern Prometheus" is referring to the doctor

I love both Frankenstein and Dracula. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was kind of boring. Not precisely horror, but 20000 Leagues Under the Sea has the giant squid in that one bit and I really thought it was cool.

under the sea, and most of jules verne's books is really badly structured and paced, and have sub par, shit endings most of time. Not to mention the gibberish science fiction infor dump

it's like the guy read a bunch of science books and thought it's cool as fuck so he must share with people

I quite like invisible man, best part of the novel is when he told our mc about his "adventure"

youtube.com/watch?v=IDB5FZ7R1Dc

>accept it already.
>Be humble.Sit down.

I thought this was such an interesting film when I was a child and later found out that this was actually hot garbage.

kenneth branagh is fucking awesome you pleb

What can I say? My wife loves shoes.

well it would explain a lot. but de niro can't get that much money from doing pieces of shit like "the intern" could he?

>I know that I'm blatantly wrong but accept that I'm right

its pronounced franken-steen

you shut up he gave the performance of a lifetime

fail damage control op

What the fuck were they thinking?

KEK

Most visually accurate creature coming through

"umm... black pusy"

I don't know what de niro's problem is, he's worth $200 million.

De Niro has been reported to be a huge beta numerous times.

It's the life style. They spend more than they earn on house keeping, luxury shit , traveling and probably parting. Not to mention drugs but that goes with the partying.

And of course the family needs as stated in the picture. The net worth is merely an estimate of where they try to keep their savings at, and that requires work.

> Pretending he had ever any talent