Is HumancentiPad the cutoff point for good South Park episodes?

Is HumancentiPad the cutoff point for good South Park episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c8hwZ3iNcHc
youtu.be/LtoZf_KfKLI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_(season_13)#Episodes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That stupid one where Eric just eats vagiail all episode

South park has been sharper and funnier in last 2 or 3 seasons then the couple before, and has generally been solid it's entire run. Matt and Trey blasting people has never stopped being great. Although sometimes anons feel attacked by them, so they try to rationalize to themselves how there is a deeper problem with the show, other than the surface problem of the fact that it just ass blasted them. The irony, of course, is that this just adds to the humor and entertainment for Matt, Trey and the rest of the audience. It's like a gift that keeps on giving.

>your just offended because they made fun of YOU this time
not at all. i really can´t relate to the latest episode. it was a really american episode.
i didn´t get the joke behind the "white people renovating everything" show, except for the lazy as fuck "all your problems will go away if you just tear down the wall inside you" bullshit at the end.
the entire cartman + heidi plot was shit.

its been at its worst since the last 3 seasons though

Overarching seasons of southpark are the worst.

i liked the photoshop episode.
or am i 1 season off?

Whenever Southpark started this new format is when i started hating it, i only watch it to shitpost on Sup Forums

gluten free ebola was the last good episode

This is exactly when the show peaked

No, it's Scott Tenorman must die.

no. around imaginationland is where it started going to shit

No long before that, but I agree Human Centipad is a garbage episode.

this. season 10 was the last good one. after that it became gratuitous violence like in the easter episode where the guy tries killing himself 30 times over. or else gross out humor like in "human centipad"

I dunno, I don't mind their political stuff at all but the humor just feels really weak.
They've always used pop culture to their advantage but it feels like they rely way more on current events than ever before, which if seasons like 15 and beyond are any evidence ends up aging pretty badly.

I keep forgetting this season was 11 years ago, fuck it still feels newer to me while the newer seasons feel really dated already.

mmmm yeah its definetly the weakest

The art was way better around season 10, too. The futuristic designs were amazing considering they made them all in a few days. People at the time were complaining because it wasn't as "simple" anymore, but fuck that. Looks way better than the cheap-looking drawings these days.

Went to shit after Imaginationland, that was their peak. They've had a few good episodes here and there but only before this cutoff, were the seasons almost all good.

>S15
>good episode
The last half of S12 was garbage and it never recovered.

>tfw still waiting for one good South Park episode
They'll make one eventually, right?

>ass blasted
you can't be any older than like 25 with a phrase like that

+art
-humor

My safe space!

the humor in south park died with chef

Lol they made fun of Liberala back then not like now where they make fun of conservatives and alt right what happened to Sourh Park it used to be good man

Somewhere around seasons 11-13 the humor style shifted but I'm too dumb to explain. Something about how the timing and wit within the dialogue has completely changed. pic related the kind of shit sp doesn't really do anymore

No because that was yet another pop culture episode. Its already dated as fuck. The best South Park episodes are standalone stories that don't involve a celebrity, a movie parody or some pop culture trend. Episodes like Scott Tenorman, The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka, Woodland Critter Christmas and a lot of the earlier episodes. Even back then they had some shitty ones though like the Pokemon one and the Korn episode.

It's because when they switched to their new animation method it allowed them to just churn out an episode in a week or less. They just throw together a story about whatever is popular that day and then the episode is done a few days later. It's basically just an animated Daily Show now. Watch their short behind the scenes documentary and you can clearly see what the problem is.

Mr Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.

The only reason some people even liked recent seasons was because they made fun of SJWs even though the execution wasn't funny.

they switched animation software as early as season 5 so that can't be it

I think Season 12 was the first season with a significant number of mediocre episodes

Is that when they started making fun of hillbillies and magapedes?

>Even back then they had some shitty ones though like the Pokemon one
You can't be serious, the Chinpokomon episode was great. Hell it's even worth watching just for the commercials:
youtu.be/c8hwZ3iNcHc
youtu.be/LtoZf_KfKLI

I think for me it was that 300 spoof episode

Correct.

That Peruvian pan flute double episode was fucking awful. They then followed it up with the Obama episode which is one of the first nu-Randy maymay episodes and then last 2 episodes were shitty flavour of the week episodes in High School Musical and Twlight parodies.

S13 was just fucking awful. Look at this garbage: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_(season_13)#Episodes

The start of S12 at least had some decent episodes.

Last good episode I recall was the Oculus Rift one imo. I expected it to suck, but had me in tears laughing.

Though as I recall, the season as a whole wasn't that great. But this specific episode really hit it for me

That episode was the standout of the last 5+ years for me too. I didn't mind the ginger cow one either.

can't tell you the exact episode but at some point after S10 they started slacking and making episodes a few days before airing. obviously they'd have a bunch of shitty ones in there with a few good in between.

then they went with the season long story arcs and that was the point where it completely went to shit.

Last episode that was tolerable was "The List"

At some point during season 21 I noticed they started making fun of flyover human trash, despite them being recurring characters. I don't watch the show much, but this deeply offended me and my 40 cousins at the trailer park.
I now make passive-aggressive comments about the show being past its prime, despite not being familiar with. That oughta show them, I reckon.

the problem is still with the writing though.

Same here, that episode was truly amazing.

I say it died with the Scott Tiennermann/Ginger Revenge episode

Once you acknowledge "continuity" it's fucked

>can't tell you the exact episode but at some point after S10 they started slacking and making episodes a few days before airing

Except they have literally always done this since they switched to animation from actual paper cut outs

I actually liked the Peruvian Flute one if for no other reason I learned I liked peruvian flute music

night of the living homeless was the last 10/10 SP episode raelly