Has this ever actually happened?

I'd also like evidence to support the claim

Was it kino?

Lord of the Rings Return of the Two Fellowships

star wars special edition

>CGI
>existing before post production

This triggers my autism

The reality is that most the time, CGI teams just barely have enough time to finish the CGI to an acceptable technical standard. They don't have tons of "extra time" to go over the CGI to extremely polish it up to make it the best possible version ever. As long as it's "good enough", movie studios won't pay for extra time. You do the best you can with the budget, and time given (which is often times, barely enough).

Not to mention, Hollywood tries to cheap out on CGI and tries to get India or China to handle it. The work they send pack is often unacceptable, and they make American CGI Studios fix it (or just completely re-do the CGI). Of course Hollywood will do this without moving their release date for the movie.

the last starfighter.

Guardians of The Galaxy

it still looks like poo
only the practicals and parts of fellowship look good, TT and RoTWK cgi looks horrid

CGI is never "fixed in post", because CGI is part of the fucking POST PRODUCTION PROCESS.

YOU ALL NEED TO FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES

HOW DO YOU TALK ABOUT MOVIES ALL DAY AND SAY DUMB SHIT LIKE THIS STILL

xmen origins wolverine

unironically yes.

it could have used an extra 30-40mins, but I actually like this movie.

The wolverine workprint absolute kino.

Bullshit the sink scene and cutting the escape ladder are exactly the same as the work print.

What's wrong with the CGI?

Godzilla 2014
>I'd like evidence
Your fucking eyes?

this shitty pasta again?!

That's not an exception dingus

they use whatever they have at the moment that looks the best for the trailers or placeovers just for the trailers
like those Jurassic World screens of the Mosasaur changing random shit on every fucking trailer

You know nothing. Post-production is the longest phase of a film's production. Even so, while they're working in pre-production and shooting in principal photography, the effects houses ARE ALREADY working on the CGI.

Again wrong. Hollywood movies change release dates all the time. Also, I bet you can't name a single film studio that does what you are claiming.

gotg 1 and 2 have horrendous cg, gunn would be ripped apart if he faced the same levels of criticism as bay

got emmmm rekttt

>cgi
> fixed in post

Isn't cgi technically post?

I should say -that- cgi is post. They do have placeholder test renders often times during production.

KOREAN ANIMATION STUDIO !