The Fall and Rise of Captain Atom

Anyone else hyped for this?

Yep.

Yeah. I feel like I should read the 80’s series first, though. Too much stuff on the backlog, so little time :(

The 80s series is seriously worth reading. Way better than I expected to be, great characterization all the way down, occasionally very clever.

There was a JSA Storytime earlier this year, that's how I got into it.

I'm curious if it'll solve any of the teased plotlines at the end of the run, since Nate ends up going back to the 90's in the new run.

I'll look it up.

>being excited for things in comics
>2016
my hope for things in this medium died ages ago

Same. I only can get dissapointed and apathy

Is it collected?

How will it be anything but that? Why else get the original team? I fully expect some DEEP continuity

And Eiling better still be a massive asshole

Is that run in trades or is digital all we got?

Sup Forums meme'd this into existence op

Did we?

Not on Trade, but all 58 issues were added to comixlogy.

yea im cautiously optimistic. gonna read the first few on co and if i like it buy all the floppies

Make Eiling Great Again

Same here. I hope it's good.

Yes

This comic is further proof that the Weisman curse is dead. It's a six-issue mini and the issues are already done, so there's no concern that it'll be cancelled.

who's writing?

Cary Bates and Greg Weisman, who did the original run in the late 80's that brought the modern Captain Atom we're familiar with.

But we paid a terrible price.

Weird, I was expecting a future skip for sure.

Why's that?

I think just because that's how Captain Atom's powers are shown to work: when he absorbs large amounts of radiation, it displaces him forwards in time. I don't think he ever went back. That made me think he would be involved in the "stolen 10 years" but I didn't imagine he would move back in time.

>tfw the meme magic was too much stress on JSAnon and she had to leave
With great power etc.

>Cary Bates and Greg Weisman
Hyped. The 1980s run was good enough.

>The 80s series is seriously worth reading. Way better than I expected to be, great characterization all the way down, occasionally very clever.

This.

It's a very underrated series.

I was too into those threads man. I get sad on Sup Forums on Wednesdays because we don't have those threads to shoot the shit and bitch anymore. Je suis pepe.

>Not an Earth-4 book

No thanks.

The setting up and depth of characterization are really impressive. Like if you just think about Doctor Spectro or Major Disaster you come into those plots and villains pretty organically when you're reading through - but the actual "this is what's going on" is dense, there are layers to practically everything in the comic and not least Nate himself. Gen. Eiling is a masterclass in villain-writing.

It does this thing I appreciate most in films but also in comics, which is where just minor background characters are given enough spin - just a little distinction in their lines, or consideration in their look or placement - that they seem like actual people.

He'll probably move back and forth. The only guaranteed endpoint is that he'll go back to his classic look by the end of it.

I'm triggered by the blatant use of Sketchup.

Neat, I haven't kept up with previews

something happened to JSAnon? I guess I haven't seen the threads in a while

i think rl work just got overwhelming. i bet if you search the archives you can find the last threads. keep faith alive for a return.

long live the legion

Things were slowing down anyway, and there's no obligation. Just miss those threads more than I thought. I mean, what good is Captain Atom with no one to talk about it with?

That Sucks.

What are the odds he explodes?

Waid's thankfully not writing, so none.

Just read a few issues. Tom Emery sure is a dick.

Emery is an asshole. Eiling is the one who is a dick.

Pretty much