Other urls found in this thread:

dailydot.com/parsec/watch-star-trek-discovery/
youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TNG has the comfiest bridge, all that beige is delightful

>ikea my bridge up senpai

i like it. especially the lighting. "Nice even tv lighting"
so tired of every sci fi show looking like it takes place in a fucking dungeon

do you take your shoes off before entering?

Best bridge coming through.

naw

Agreed.
Autistic review follows:
After listening to all the shills, I took the plunge and watched the first two episodes of the Orville.
I won't say its "good" but I enjoyed it immensely and I had a stupid grin plastered on my face for the entirety of the pilot. For as much as it feels like TNG visually and audially with the orchestral cues, I feel like its a mistake to compare it to trek. So far it feels far more like comedies Better Off Ted or Chuck, than even to a show like red dwarf.
Trying to appeal to trek fans is probably more likely to alienate them, as much as marketing Mother as horror alienated the horror audience.
More to the point, the show leans more to the science fantasy side than to harder scifi. It doesnt make it worse than voyager, but if you hated voyager you probably wont be able to tolerate this.
As the comedy goes, its decidedly low brow, and is the same grating random vulgar family guy humor we've had far too much of, though it still got a few laughs out of me per episode. I didn't mind the jokes in the pilot, but the weed jokes and reality TV references in the second EP were starting to get grating, and feel dated. I'm cautiously optimistic for this show, but it seem more likely for it to get worse than better.
Lastly, the acting is generally good, with the notable exceptions of McFarlane and that super strong alien girl. Mcfarlane is moderately bad, but being front and center makes the problem worse than if he was a side character. David borenaz is comparably bad, but writing can elevate bad acting, as his role as angel improved from Buffy to his own show. That being said, I have no expectations for McFarlane to improve, given his narcissism. The girl on the other hand, I'll give the benefit of don't that she'll grow into the role over the next episodes should it avoid being canceled.

Use paragraphs if you want anyone to read your shit

The entire show is fucking terrible.

This. Watch Star Trek Discovery instead. It's REAL Star Trek.

>comedy spoof of star trek
>isn't funny

Inb4
>muh reddit spacing
Cont.
As for the prospect of the shows survival, I expect it to be canelled sooner rather than later. Family guy was (infamously) canceled, and better off ted lasted only one season. The budget appears to be quite high with makeup if not the sets, and with low viewership, I doubt it will even last a whole season. It seems far more likely in my opinion that it will suffer the ignominity of being canceled before the third episode airs, the the rest to be released on DVD if at all.
The Orville is a show with a lot of potential, but that potential is far more likely to become a worse version of itself than an improved version. It is enjoyable as it is, but its flaws prevent it from being great.
If, contrary to my expectations the show does get renewed, I hope that it does not outlast two or three seasons and exhaust whatever creativity its creators have to offer.
End Rant.

Just some honest thoughts from a neutral observer:

It's understandable why people might want to enjoy a show such as orvull. It may bring back memories of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and other beloved Star Trek related properties.

These fond memories were gifts to television viewers brought about by years of hard work, dedication, and funding by men and women that care very much about the franchise they built for us.

It is only fair, then, that we all keep in mind what Star Trek means to us and the exciting new installments in the Star Trek Universe that we have in store for you.

Shows come and go. What this really comes down to is respect, tradition, and the amazing diversity and forward-thinking values of our Star Trek community.

May we live long and prosper.

Thank you.

You know, it's rare that I read a post on Sup Forums which stirs such emotion.

I agree completely with what you're saying. Hard work and dedication are necessary.

One cannot build a house on an unstable foundation.

It is also not legal to steal a foundation from someone else, who used hard work and sacrifice and values to build it.

Fairness must be brought into the forefront.

We all love shows. They're here and there, but we have to respect where they come from.

Respect tradition.

Goodbye.

they showed the underside of the chairs and you could see where they glued the vinyl to the plywood

glue guns are canon in this universe

Only problem I have with the show is the whole cuck shit. Unnecessary, only makes me hate one of the main characters and forces the show to shoehorn in a bunch of her usefulness and good qualities to try and beg us to not hate her(which they didn't even have to do in the first place).

Now there's just a bunch of awkward arguments between the two characters and it's not entertaining at all. Huge mistake.

ita by design.
that way it matches the writting & acting.

The forward view is a bit better, but mostly because you can see space and ass.

I like the show, but the bridge set does look cheap, and some of the backdrop looks functionless, ugly, and like design-for-the-sake-of-design.

It's nice that its brightly lit, though.

If they try to take it in a more serious (if still lighthearted and campy) direction, theres a lot of potential for stories based on more fallible and relatable characters that self medicate with weed and alchohol and have dysfunctional relationships and so on. Its been done with more or less skill on ds9, enterprise and bsg, but the thing is, they're probably not going to do interesting storylines, and leave it as one off gags.
>steal
Parody is fair use, and is protected as free expression under US law you repressive authoritarian copyright-loving cockmongler.

Did some highschoolers make this?
The lighting is literally just drowning the thing with lights, in contrast with the empty floor. It's so terrible. Whose idea was it to put the monitors to the side?

Actual best bridge reportan

>If u don't like this garbage ur a CBS shill lmao
Nice try, Seth.

This. CBS shills do not exist. The concept itself is absurd and unbelievable. There is no proof that CBS has anything to do with any of the posts in this or any other thread.

>Still trying.
Why don't you justify this show without trying to false-flag or acting like a complete faggot?
Nobody's going to watch the new star trek because of CBS's shitty streaming service. I don't know why you even bother.

Why would I try to justify this show? It suxx! Watch Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access instead. I hear it's also on Netflix in some places.

You're about as clever as a sack of niggers, user.

Speaking of sacks of niggers, watch Star Trek Discovery!

Sure, but back on topic, the orville is awful.

the star trek ships, the stargate earth ships and the starship trooper earth ships have two guys sitting in front of captain. one guy steers the ship. what does the second guy do?

i think in stargate atlantis the second seat was used for weapons. am i misremembering? or is this in one ep only and in other eps the second seat does something else?

>what does the second guy do

scan for interesting shit. that's what Data did while the other guy flew the ship

I agree, yet it still manages to look better than Star Trek discovery

youre watching star trek
youre watching star trek that has seth macfarlane in it
seth fucking macfarlane is in a star trek and youre watching it
just let that sink in

>std about ex-o raised as vulcan dealing with human relationships
>std about captain mentoring ex-o through relationships
>std ex-o roommate on a starship with cadet so that they can be female bff and have heart-to-heart talks about their love life
>std about klingon family drama
>std klingons dressed like lady gaga

std is a soap opera for gilmore girl fangirls and lady gaga dragqueens

Why does the future always have to have blue and cold white lighting?

>a senior officer is made to bunk with a cadet in a starship

female logic.

ok, i'll accept that. but what about the other ships? tos had a science station to captain's right manned by spock that does the scanning.

Seth macfarlane was in enterprise

Because it looks clean.

It's on netflix outside the US, enjoy your "freedom"

Are you shitting me? That's why people pirate.

Why does the future bridge have to look "clean"?
It's not a hospital.

Because it suggests sophistication and efficiency.

dailydot.com/parsec/watch-star-trek-discovery/

Orville's bridge has neither though

Star Trek was always a soap opera, though.

>dat visual composition
Goddamn.

Better off ted had 2 seasons

perfection
so comfy

Honestly FUCK the Orville and Seth McFarlane

>implying

try harder, child

>everyone who hates the orville hates seth macfarlane

Hmm

It's called having taste.

Seth is talented singer, has written some good stuff, and does solid voice acting on american dad.

I'm genuinely impressed because the thumbnail looks like a render for some obscure PC title from the year 1999. You can't get the aesthetic that right just by accident.

Go away Seth.

and yet, better than discovery... really makes you think

Best series

tv lighting used to be like that because tvs were low quality garbage. nowadays it just sort of comes across as cheap

"""Wrong"""

The show is comfy.

>implying it's not

looks like a 90s hospital waiting room

I think the show will survive.

The captain's chair looks pretty uncomfortable.

What's wrong with Seth Trek? I like it.

why?

TOS it was chekov at tactical
TNG it was data at ops which was also functionally science
DS9, VOY, and ENT all had the conn officer by themselves at the front.

I can't remember what they said the black dude's job was in Orville

>Wears lispstick
What a slut

Nobodies feet have touched ground in 100 years.

I liked the designs in the cheesy WC movie. Their ships' bridges looked like a night shift at a commie missile base.

I hope they keep tweaking her look, making her slightly different every episode but never referencing the fact.

>STD setting up to be a disaster
>suddenly Orville out of nowhere
welp, it errs a bit on the cheesy side, but we're just 2 episodes in, let's have some hope

I though that's a screenshot from Star Trek Online t.b.h.

original was maximum comfy

Best Bridge

Voice assistant control is the only buttons we need

Thought the same thing. Especially the back of the bridge. Would it kill them to add a computer panel or two?

>rows and rows of desks

looks like a telethon mate

SeaQuest's bridge >>> all the aboves

Looks like a villain's ship.

Has it even been released yet?

Still not a single goddamn seatbelt.

If you want a sci-fi show that tries to be semi-realistic then watch The Expanse: youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE

It's arguably the best sci-fi show on air (not that there's much competition at the moment).

fuck, you got me there...

The lighting is so bad it looks like cgi with cheap textures.

she was cuter before

Beat me to it.

Space ship bridges ought to look like submarine bridges, not 10,000 sq ft rec rooms.

>cup holders

'Murica!

Also, why are there two seats? Are there two captains on that ship?

It looks like TNG and therefore it is comfy as fuck. I hate how modern scifi looks so damn dark and gritty. These are supposed to be futuristic environments where people work and live and they're lit like they're in a WW2 submarine. It's absurd.

This is the best one IMO

fuck off reddit
you forgot to complain about sound in space, dinosaurs without feathers and other autistic crap.

Battlestar is a very grounded sci-fi, it's ridiculous that most shows have 5-10 people being able to control every aspect of a starship of 1,000+ people.

No shit its a garbage tv show for idiots who will watch weekly

>Also, why are there two seats? Are there two captains on that ship?

One for the captain, one for the XO. Same as Voyager.

that is very nice