So is Flash finally "big"?

So is Flash finally "big"?
I mean, he has always been an A lister but never up there with Supes, Wondy or Batman.
Now his comics are selling better than everyone besides Bat's himself and his show is really popular.
Is Flash going to be DC's number 2 like Superman used to be?

Also people have actually been referring to The Flash by his actual name as either Barry or Wally rather than him just being "The Flash".

Flash was always big. Frankly, no matter hwo popular he gets, he won't be on trinity level though. Batman is popular, Superman is too influental, and Wonderwoman is female Superman, although it's telling, how so few people know about the trinity, and just use Superman+Batman.

Wally=The Flash
Barry=Barry

remember when Johns GL was at it's height and everyone was all Hal should be in the trinity

It's a fluke don't worry
GL too was big for a couple years

Flash is definitely more popular than Supes and Wondy right now going by comic sells and how popular The TV show are.
Supes hasn't gotten as much love lately besides being Batman's rival. In the 90s he had multiple cartoons, tv shows and movies.

Has Wonder Woman ever been that popular? I mean, most of my friends know Wonder Woman, but most don't even know her name, or anything about her, aside from 'female superman'.

Lmao, Smallville lasted for ten years on its own
Flash can't go without having to rely on gimmicks and cringy crossovers
and the episode of Supergirl with Superman had more views than any Flash episode

pretty sure those crossovers help arrow more than anyone

Yes, he's a big guy now.

>I mean, he has always been an A lister

Flash was always the guy who got added to the Superfriends teams right around the time they started adding OC's and token nationalities.

He was little-known outside of comic book nerds till maybe the 90's? So all of your life maybe he's been somewhere between an A and a B-lister. TV has made him a solid A in the last few years.

Yeah in a few years he might even become Buffy the Vampire Slayer big.
But don't count on it.

If not for the CW show he might be forever known as Zack Snyder's Quicksilver rip-off.
There's a reasonably good chance he'll still be known as "not quite as cool or powerful as Quicksilver".

Did you not read
>Since the 90s
Also Flash is the one helping Arrow.

Millenials have a staggering amount of ignorance towards anything that isn't currently hot on the internets.

but Smallville started in 2001 and ended in 2011

Stop contradicting that man's condescending ignorance with your dirty facts!

He's known but he also isn't. Most people know about him, but only as 'the fast superhero'.

Though here in Britain if you mention 'Flash' most people just think of Flash Gordon.

Flash is definitely the best known after the trinity, his name is synonymous with super speed.

Of course, nobody knew jack shit about him. Whereas Batman had the 60's show, Superman had the movie and Wonder Woman had the 70's show, Flash's greatest exposure was just being a cast member on Super Friends. Nobody knew anything about his world or back story.

The new show has done a ton for spreading awareness, but he's still not up there with the trinity because the show isn't that far reaching. The way I see it, the second Avengers came out, any chance of a Flash movie becoming a big cultural touchstone was gone.

tl;dr while the show has taught a lot of people about his universe, it's unlikely to get much better than it is now.

Could we get a second trinity?

Green Lantern, Flash, and ...?

As a longtime Flash fan, I can definitely say I've never seen as many people wearing Flash shirts as I have in the last couple of years. And there's more Flash merch out now than there used to be, that's for sure. Still, when I pick up kids' books on the Justice League or DCU there's hardly any Flash or Flash villain content. It's still just the same Batvillains and Superman foes.

I still see more BAZINGA shirts than Flash ones

Grodd never struck me as popular enough to be around a lot and the Rogues' morals and rules keep them from being a monumental threat unless they unwittingly nabbed some powerful artifact.

As for Prof Zoom or any other speedster villain, they're pretty much stuck with Flash since I doubt the other Leaguers could land a reliable hit. That and speedforce technobabble blah blah.

Might be a location thing. Flash shirts are all over the comic cons in Toronto now, and I'm seeing a lot more on the streets in Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo.

>JL
>Batman and Superman foes

wut

Checked and pic related. Wake me when BBT dies.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about all the new Flash fans? Some people like the additional numbers but others fear for the existing fandom turning off the tracks and becoming some abomination.

I mean general-focused DC books using only Batvillains and Luthor or Brainiac.

Sometimes it's annoying, like when I see someone who doesn't know what they're talking about trying to show off their completely erroneous knowledge, but otherwise I'm happy about it. Anything that bolsters our numbers and likes the stuff we like is a good thing. If anything I get more tension with a lot of other longtime fans, because I'm a pre-Crisis Barry fan and Wally fans can be really nasty about that. At least new fans like Barry too (even if it's from a different source), and they don't abuse me for my preference.

I usually distinguish between the two. Like Barry-Flash or Wally-Flash since I'm a fan of both and talk to people who are sometimes strictly in one camp or the other.

There's also Little Bitch-Flash, but he doesn't come up much.

I'm still baffled as to why DC felt the need to publish six different GL related ongoings during New 52

I mean I like Green Lantern a lot, but that seems almost like total overkill

I admit to being a Wallyfag (my apologies) since I grew up with him as the Flash but I also greatly respect Barry. Flashpoint and a few other more recent comics did a lot to make me like him. It's just a shame so many bash on Barry because without him, Wally probably wouldn't exist.

Y'all don't give normies enough credit. They've known The Flash as the fast red guy for years.

I've got no beef with Wally fans in general, just the ones who are aggressive or rude about it. You're fine, and thank you :) Wally's a great character too, and I'm glad he's back.

Green Arrow.
It makes the most sense.

This would mean something IF Josh hadn't killed him off. And it would be a bit much to bring him back (Agent Phil) plus whathisname isn't under contract the way Random Olsen is.

Fox's Pietro is the one who is viewed as cool, with both of his appearances ranking as the highlight of the film. Now, more people saw BvS than saw both films combined, so....

Son, she's got documentaries, college classes, and entire books about her (and not the Philosophy of the X-Men crap type). Her TV theme song is probably only second to the Adam West one (and not considered as retarded), such that used it when they introduced her into the Lego DC movie.

Wew lad, Flashfags are starting to get as fucking delusional as Marvelcucks who think Captain America has become as iconic as Superman.

He had the 1990s show on a network - it just wasn't a hit. It's like that Bird of Prey show that you didn't really knew existed until you heard about it. More probably known about Constantine generally than that TV version of Barry.

I don't see Avengers being able to push it, especially since they killed their Speedster. He barely was heroic. And given how SW is still viewed as suspect even past Civil War, I don't think it's an issue. No one thinks Thor isn't the big hit that Iron Man is because of Superman, and no one thinks MCU Tony is a commercially popular trilogy in spite of being, for all intents and purpose, MCU Bruce with more snark.

> flash as big as Superman or Wonder Woman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But he is. As of right now Flash is more popular than superman.

More people like The flash tnan wondy

Christ, son, I think you're underestimating quite how well known the name is.

He's always been big. He'll never be bat/supe level but he's the next most famous DC character after that

She's only popular in America.

That doesn't mean he's as big, I guarantee every person who knows the flash also knows Wonder Woman

He's forever on the B-Team. Him, Hal Jordan, and Aquaman.

Flashpoint is horrible.

Atleast the second one. McGreal's is OK.

it's just a fad