imgur.com/a/d9mPS
youtu.be/52aSutmfTBg
youtu.be/uHQZNNajxOk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJigvTWpWA
youtube.com/watch?v=tnnniIsw3b0
youtube.com/watch?v=PiQpGzYMVos
twitter.com/stevenha11/status/775298179680141312
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did you know there was a DWM comic story featuring 12 and the Delgado Master? I just found out about it.

hat

Is this available online anywhere?

Can I get a quick rundown on this trip?

I think lym is a pretty cool trip. Eh makes memes and doesn't afraid of anything.

Thanks for the quick rundown!

Why is everyone hating on Martha all of a sudden? I really liked Martha, seeing so many people bullying her is upsetting.

Why were John and Gillian such cunts?

whats negative about that picture?

Honestly it's more making fun of RTD's writing than anything. Over half of those screencaps are from the finale.

I'm trying but I seriously can't see how that picture/meme is bullying her, can you explain a bit more? I find the meme funny and Martha's the best of RTD's companions to me. It's just funny because she says it very dramatically and more than a few times.

Do you think people are bullying Capaldi when they post "clala"?

crab

Top left - Smith and Jones
Top middle - Gridlock
Top right - The Lazarus Experiment

Middle left - Human Nature
Middle middle - The Sound of Drums
Middle right - Last of the Time Lords

Bottom left - Last of the Time Lords
Bottom middle - The Doctors' Daughter
Bottom right - The Stolen Earth

In video form: dailymotion.com/video/x60pqwi

I agree with
I can't wrap my head around how it's "bullying". I like Martha a lot. It's funny because she enunciates it in a very specific way in a few of the examples, and it's repeated an odd amount in her dialogue. All the instances of her saying it in a non-casual way are from RTD scripts too. I think that user said it best when he pointed out "clala" isn't 'bullying' Capaldi. This is incredibly, incredibly light bantz.

Doesn't she also say it in Utopia too?

No, but the Doctor does (he flat out says "It can't be") when Martha tells him about the Master's watch.
That's another thing I like about it, it's a neat coincidence there's exactly 9 examples, so it fits into a cinegrid perfectly.

Seeing jack makes me sad. When's best character coming back?

Look at his hair! He should've had it like this in Series 8.

Big Finish

He's a workhorse over at Big Finish now but yeah, while Moff wrote him into A Good Man Goes to War, he couldn't make it because of filming commitments (to Torchwood: Miracle Day, funnily enough).
Chibnall was very involved in the first two seasons of Torchwood, effectively running the second, so it's possible he might want to bring him back.

Just stop bullying her, it's not her fault she got bad lines!

Be nice to my Martha!

>people actually engage with what you asked and post their reasonings, taking you seriously
>you ignore them all and just continue to REEE

It's almost like he was shitposting from the very start.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Kafka's_It's_a_Wonderful_Life

Capaldi directed this. It must be pretty Lynchian.

It was just bantz user.

Ooh, the way you four immediately jumped on me when I accused you of being a bully....

I'm trying to think of a better word than dread!

Are you anons secretly bullies?

Great bullies are forged in bantz. It is the privilege of lesser anons to light the flame

What's /who/ with you guys? Gonna start my chronological trip soon.

Saw IT last night and was pretty damn good, and finished stranger things which was also decent, needing new shows to fill the void...

Knew he was a killer first time that I saw him
Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted
But if he's a ghost, then I can be a phantom
Holdin' him for ransom
Some, some boys are tryin' too hard
He don't try at all, though
Younger than my exes but he act like such a man, so
I see nothing better, I keep him forever
Like a vendetta-ta

I-I-I see how this is gon' go
Touch me and you'll never be alone
I-Island breeze and lights down low
No one has to know

In the middle of the night, in my dreams
You should see the things we do, baby
I know I'm gonna be with you
So I take my time
Are you ready for it?

Me, I was a robber first time that he saw me
Stealing hearts and running off and never saying sorry
But if I'm a thief, then he can join the heist
And we'll move to an island-and
And he can be my jailer, Burton to this Taylor
Every lover known in comparison is a failure
I forget their names now, I'm so very tame now
Never be the same now, now

No one has to know
(No one has to know)

In the middle of the night in my dreams
So I take my time
Are you ready for it?
Ooh, are you ready for it?

Baby, let the games begin
Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Let the games begin

No one has to know

So I take my time
In the middle of the night

Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Are you ready for it?
Let the games begin
Let the games begin
Are you ready for it?

Who are their parents? Does this take place while Susan is at school?

I don't like your little games
Don't like your tilted stage
The role you made me play
Of the fool, no, I don't like you
I don't like your perfect crime
How you laugh when you lie
You said the gun was mine
Isn't cool, no, I don't like you (oh!)

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do
Look what you just made me
Look what you made me do

I don't like your kingdom keys
They once belonged to me
You ask me for a place to sleep
Locked me out and threw a feast (what?)
The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama
But not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma
And then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure
Maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Look what you made me do
Look what you made me do

Taylor Swift is so shit.

I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
(Look what you made me do)
(Look what you made me do)
(Look what you just made me do)
"I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now"
"Why?"
"Oh, 'cause she's dead!" (oh!)

Look what you made me do
Look what you made me do

Look what you made me do
Look what you made me do

I'm doing a chronological watch through too that I started a month or so ago (only doing the show though, audio and books are too much for me) and I'm halfway through season 2 currently

I think I'm going to start my Release Order marathon of Big Finish. hopefully I don't require knowledge from the books for Bernice Summerfield.

I'm fucking tired of all the perks
I've tried nothing, everything works
For less I'm worth, I've served my bid
All fuck life wasn't what it is
All fuck life was just a bridge
I seen some free landed some tricks
Far I see high time man quit
Won't let you know when I get goin'
Phone ring too long

I stay out too late, got nothing in my brain
That's what people say, that's what people say
I go on too many dates, but I can't make them stay
At least that's what people say, that's what people say

But I keep cruising
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music in my mind
Saying it's gonna be alright

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

I never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet
And that's… Full lyrics on Google Play Music

I've got a bluebird
It might die
It got wetted
I stayed dry
I'm not trying to use my mind
I got that attitude at all times
I've got this attitude at all times
I got a black cat
It might live
It's got a black hat
It goes big
I had a bluebird
Now it's dead

>Full lyrics on Google Play Music

Backstage rumor: Chibnall's writers room to brain drain big finish. John Dorney, Alan Barnes, Eddie Robson and Justin Richards. All of their scripts will be finished or fine tuned by Briggs or Matt Fitton and theyre expected to drop committments immediately. Chibnall is also hoping to attract a movie writer for a 2 part episode and some of the more successful british tv writers: Neil Cross is on his list, as are a few people who worked on Broadchurch.

What does /who/ think of this?

>Source: my ass

I think that you need sources for these rumors, user.

>I never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet
>And that's… Full lyrics on Google Play Music

I know it's a joke but for any anons reading: fun fact, it's literally impossible because the BBC doesn't allow writers who haven't worked in TV before to write for Doctor Who. It's actually kind of frustrating because there are a couple of writers who I think could do great work on the show but alas, they're barred off.

>a few people who worked on Broadchurch

Chibnall wrote like 99% of Broadchurch.

Source: phone conversation with Sam Hoyle

Yup, I got BTFO by an user once because I had my facts wrong - he wrote all but 2 episodes IIRC, and those other 2 he still cowrote anyway.

>the BBC doesn't allow writers who haven't worked in TV before to write for Doctor Who
Do you have proof that this is a "the BBC" thing and not just the agreed upon policy of the executive producers?

Not on me, there'll be stuff if you google around for it and there's an anecdote in the Writer's Tale where RTD laments how there was never any Briggs-written episode. This isn't specifically an anti-audio thing, just that it's only writers who've written television before that get to write Doctor Who (and it turns out only showrunners who've showran before that get that job, though I imagine that's more common sense then something actually written out). People also complain about some novel writers not getting a chance for the same reason.

Uhh helen raynor had never written for tv before daleks in manhattan

Yeah. Funnily enough there's also 11 meeting Ainley in IDW's Prisoners of Time. Classic Doctors, New Masters when?

Yes she had. She'd written for Brief Encounters previously.

We're counting 15 minute shorts? Because if that counts then how does briggs bbv releases not count?

That's not TV. That was direct to video.

BBV isn't broadcast television.
Raynor had also written for Torchwood before Doctor Who, although I have no idea if they had any similar guidelines.
I imagine her work in television production, scrip editing the soap Doctors since 2002, played a part too.

That leads to the annoying question as to why Lance Parkin hasn't written any episodes, considering that he does have TV experience due to script editing Emmerdale.

It played on televisions and was produced by an arm of the bbc.

Is that any more or less semantic than a 15 minute short? I mean, I once helped a friend by writing a scene for his tv script. Does that mean "I" could write for doctor who?

Yep. Once you go down that road, you'll get pretty frustrated at some of the writers they didn't hire, didn't rehire, or underused (kills me that Cornell only wrote 2 stories for NewWho).
I can't think offhand of any specific mention RTD makes of Parkin, at least in The Writer's Tale, but they both feature in this 1999 discussion of how various writers would bring the show back (Parkin, RTD, Moffat, Cornell, Gatiss, and Roberts are interviewed): imgur.com/a/d9mPS

>not Nev Fountain
>not Joseph Lidster
>not Lance Parkin
>not even Jonathan Morris or Guy Adams or James Goss
>Alan Barnes and Justin Richards
Fortunately, this isn't true.

But it wasn't made for TV, and BBV isn't connected to the BBC at all besides a similar name.

>It played on televisions
So are movies. That doesn't make them TV.

holy shit that article is a good find, cheers neo. so weird reading that now.

No I mean wasn't the bbc film club also involved?

Nice tracing

She'd been working as a script editor since 2002. It's not about "having written" on TV per se, it's about being familiar with TV scripting.

I get the sense that Cornell wantrf to limit his time with NuWho, like he did when he only wrote one EDA and a couple audios that weren't co-written by someone else.

Shearman had even already written for TV but was still overwhelmed by how intensive the process was for NewWho (to be fair S1 was a messier affair than usual, at least for RTD Who).
Could be. Left on a high note I suppose.

He was also doing primeval at the same time, and it looked like that might overtake doctor who for a hot minute

>Big Finish has had the New Who license for years now
>Still no Eleventh Doctor stories
>Still no Classic/New multi-Doctor stories
>Still no McGann/New multi-Doctor stories
>Still no experimental New Who episodes, just regular forgettable ones
>Still no New Who pure historicals
>Still no New Who Lost Stories featuring unmade episodes
>Still no New Who Dalek/Cyberman stories, redeeming their poor handling in the revival series

What went wrong?

Her tits are really quite nice.

>M-matt just doesn't want to do Big Finish! It can't be BF's fault there are no 11 audios! Surely they've asked him!

youtu.be/52aSutmfTBg

Eccleston's still trying to act cute and think he's too good to reprise his role. Tennant is busy with Ducktales. Smith is busy almost getting killed during Crown filming.

God, reading over these again is depressing. At least we get...........Churchill meeting Madame Vastra...

>inb4 it takes 40 years for Eccleston to reprise the role in the Ninth Doctor Adventures, which everyone ends up hating anyway as it becomes a missed opportunity

With how particular he is about his brand (explain Thor 2 to us then Chris...), I honestly think the Kermit Chronicles would offend him even if ever did consider BF (which I don't believe he has or will).

What are you listening to /who/?

I've listened to this countless times but never get sick of it: youtu.be/uHQZNNajxOk

Eccleston seems like an arrogant twat, thinking he's too good to sit at the table with everybody else. I read that he accidentally bumped into Sophie Aldred years ago, and after a few minutes of conversation, she asked him if he was interested in doing conventions and hanging out with some other Who alumni. But he scoffed at the idea and turned his fat nose away from her.

It just makes me sad.
>ywn get a Ninth Doctor vs the Master story
>ywn get a Ninth Doctor vs the Cybermen story
>ywn get a Ninth Doctor origin story of his very first adventure after his regeneration from the War Doctor

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJigvTWpWA
youtube.com/watch?v=tnnniIsw3b0

youtube.com/watch?v=PiQpGzYMVos

>ywn get a series or two of adventures between War's regeneration and Rose with a unique theme, a new companion and a half-classic, half-new Who style

steven moff hat

>ywn have that series as an emotional way of storytelling to see how the Doctor copes after destroying Gallifrey and how that impacts his new incarnation as he vows to become the Doctor again, doing his best to try and be happy and quirky again

He's certainly a very serious man. I have no idea how he reconcile$ his $elf image with doing stuff like Thor and GI Joe.
I do think he's a good bloke and I think a lot of the issues he brings up are important, but goddamn, he's a very serious guy.
Begs the question - do we prefer crispy Master or crisp-y Doctor?

I just wish they were doing anything interest with the new Doctors. I found WarDoc's sets crap, personally. 10's are fine, good even, but nothing special. Weirdly, it's their New Series spinoff stuff that's the cream of the crop. I'm a broken record on this, but the River audios are legit earkino, they're fucking great.
I hope one day BF gets their act together a bit more, but honestly I don't see it happening anytime soon. They've kind of trapped themselves with their excessive output, they don't have the time to shepherd in new writers well, and they seem to need to maintain their current output to meet cost demands? For licenses? I don't think Briggs is driven by greed. But there's no easy way to change the business as it is, and I don't see Briggs stepping down for an extremely long time or possibly ever and I'm skeptical whoever follows would be radically different anyway.
I complain about them a tonne, but I really love Big Finish, I just wish they were meeting their potential and slowing the fuck down.

Holy shit

>know that even if they do miraculously convince Eccleston to come back, they'll waste the opportunity for the emotional storytelling and instead focus on wacky sci-fi adventures, a pastiche of the the Series 1 style, rather than going for a unique style and characterisation for the Doctor focusing on the impact the Time War had on him

who doesn't love the churchills?

>know your frenemy

>le replicating the style of an era is more important than actually telling good stories
Pic unrelated?

Add
>still no Companion Chronicles exploring NuWho companions
to the list of wasted opportunities

We've already been thorugh this, pic related.

Reminder that Steven Hall said he would gladly come back to write for Eccleston.
Just imagine if they could get both him and Shearman for the 9DAs.
twitter.com/stevenha11/status/775298179680141312

>It's an Eccleston claims to be a working-class actor with principles, but will do a shitty-looking flick for a quick buck like any other posh actor past their prime movie

>still no Companion Chronicles exploring NuWho companions
It's weird because they're already working with appropriate actors that would be down for it. Instead we get shitty hybrid ranges like the NewWhoChronicles. It skeevs me out they're doing 10 and 11 Chronicles when the actors are around, it's a weird look to have the 10DAs and 10Chronicles both there.

>Busy Matt
He better get around to them one day dammit, if they can organise Tennant and Piper on the same days no less, they can organise Matt. Matt is perfectly primed for audio-original companions too, Moff has even spoken about specifically leaving a lot of big gaps in 11's timeline for extended media to fill out (not just Trenzalore, but things like the pivotal 200 years in S6, etc).
I have a horrible feeling they'd rather keep going down the 10DA route and make the audios as commercially appealing as possible by waiting to include any of Amy/Rory/Clara (most realistic option is probably just Rory) and aping his era, rather than innovating in the spots Moff has directly left them to innovate in! But at this point I'm just getting mad about something that might not happen at all.

>Reminder that Steven Hall said he would gladly come back to write for Eccleston.
You're breaking my heart. We'll never know such kino :(

What he did, he did for the crisps.

Captcha: Murray Sold (so close)

It's funny because S4 is by and large better than Technophobia/Time Reaver. It's not even about attempting to recapture the feel of a particular era, it's the fact that they don't even try to do it well.
Like most of the Hinchcliffe era is leagues ahead of the 4DAs that are supposedly written to "recapture" it.

And the BF arcs and stories that do actually attempt to innovate and break new ground, the ones that make NEW eras, are usually the most highly-praised ones. Surely it's just a coincidence.
Apparently kino like The Holy Terror barely sold at all, but the 4DAs so well, so I get that justifciation, but still, c'mon

fess up, who posted shit trips to reddit

It's because Fitton and Colgan are bad writers, while Goss actually has experience writing 10 with the NSAs, so he delivered a better audio.