Justice League/Power Rangers

>Cyborg AND John Stewart

But why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NKoThRns35A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To prove more than one black person can be on a team at the same time

Blasian and black?

I'm pretty amused by the counterpart comparison.

Seriously, why does DC keep shilling Cyborge. His comic always fails and it's always the same fucking arc.

>Have Ivan Reis design a new Cyborg Costume
>Never use it for anything

Affirmative action and they think Vic appeals to the younger audience that's addicted to technology

Same reason Marvel keeps pushing Inhumans and Carol and all that: they know the movies are gonna push them so they're trying to get in early.

Cyborg might legitimately be because of corporate mandate, though.

Can't they mandate Black Lightning, Static or Hardware?

This is cool and all, but ever since I was a kid I always get a teeny bit salty when adc gets to crossover with something like the turtles but marvel doesn't. Call me a marvel autist but I usually like marvel crossovers more because I'm more of a marvel guy. I wanna see spiderman meet tracer from overwatch goddamnit

Oh. Because those characters are even stupider and more obscure.

Cyborg isn't really a bad character but it's just like....why push him so hard? He's better as a supporting character than a main. He doesn't have enough interesting or strong stories to carry a movie arc

Has potential.

Black Lightning and Static aren't stupid characters at all. And they have far more potential and interesting backstories than Cyborg.

You mean two literally whos and a character they can't use because Milestone got him back

The Mouse

Not to sound like an SJW, just playing devils advocate, but you can't really say there isn't a problem with representation in comics if you only accept it if they're a token character.

If this kind of shit triggers you then you're literally the problem because you're the mythical racist/mysoginist/istist that the big two are so desperate to be seen to be combating that they go full SJW

Does J'onn have any?
Genuinely curious

Remember that shitty Attack on Titan "crossover" that was nothing but a glorified cameo?
Yeah, that's all you'll be getting

Cyborg never should've left the Titans. We all know it. Surprised Wally hasn't said anything, but DC wants to keep pretending Cyborg has ALWAYS been a leaguer.

The man currently writing Cyborg said that the Teen Titans will cross paths with Cyborg eventually.
That is, unless the series gets cancelled soon

I just want my Martian Manhunter man. For that to happen Cyborg needs to die. They could've just casted a black guy as J'onn for the Justice League movie for all I care.

Black Lightning is partially owned by Tony Isabella.
Static and Hardware are owned by Milestone and licensed to DC.

When you're dealing with a billion dollar franchise from a highly conservative company like WB, they would never in a trillion years use a character they didn't 100% own.

Cyborg was chosen because he is literally the most recognized black DC character because of the Teen Titans cartoon and TTGO.

Mr. Terrific?

Oh, cool. Source?

I always fucking thought Static was overrated as fuck desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=NKoThRns35A
Around 2:03

>Cyborg AND John Stewart

surprised the universe didn't implode

>I wanna see spiderman meet tracer from overwatch goddamnit

Why though? A better combo would be a buddy cop type comic with Spider-Man and Agent 76.

Cyborg doesn't belong in the JLA as a founder/core member, though. It should have been John Stewart but Johns is all "muh Hal".

Hold the fuck up.

As in, the Justice League and MMPR join forces, or do they get chosen to be the new Power Rangers?

Cyborg is in it because Johns grew up watching the Super Friends and Cyborg was in that.

>DC wants to keep pretending Cyborg has ALWAYS been a leaguer.
Wow that kind of pisses me off. Even when paying homage to "the way things were" they try to change shit. It'd be like if Robin was wearing that awful new costume design.

>Something terrible has happened in Angel Grove! When the Command Center is breached and the teleporters are damaged, Zack is flung into another universe, where he’s mistaken for a villain by a mysterious masked vigilante. Can the other Power Rangers get to their friend in time to save him from Batman? Co-published with BOOM! Studios.
>Lost in another dimension, the Power Rangers must face a team unlike any they’ve ever encountered! In a world teeming with god-like heroes and villains as monstrous as Lord Zedd, it will take more than superpowers to survive. Can the Power Rangers work with the Justice League to find a way back home? Co-published with BOOM! Studios.

TWO BLACK?

BUT....
ONE BLACK!

At least Doctor Mid-Nite is white.

The fuck was Berlanti thinking?

>Berlanti
>Thinking

Pick 1

Movies are barely based on any comics anyway.

Considering his DCYou comic bombed and didn't get anything with rebirth I doubt he has any real fans.

He has the usual vocal fans online.

I wonder if this will be as good as the KFC cross overs. I don't think any cross over comes close to topping that.

Why do the KFC comics go for ~$80?

Nani?? Two black people?! Such a technique...How can we ever hope to win against that??

Cyborg was only there to protect Hal Jordan and if Hal's gone there's literally no reason for Cyborg to be there. Personally I don't think there NEEDS to be a black guy at all. Affirmative action is a mistake.

Or Steel.
He even got a movie.

Cyborg being in the JLA is a monkey's paw type deal Hal fans have had to deal with the keep John Stewart the fuck out of the book.

IE You HAVE to have a black JLAer no ifs ands or butts. So to keep Hal as JL, Martian Manhunter gets fucked over and replaced with Cyborg

Cyborg joined the JLA under Robinson, when he inherited the Wolfman/Perez Titans post-Blackest Night

This plus there is one of the guys in charge of the DC movies (Goyers IIRC) flat out HATES Martian Manhunter and has said he would never let MM in any DCU films he works on

Cyborg has replaced Martian Manhunter as the unofficial 7-th member of the Justice League.

Undoubtedly to increase the diversity of the main ensemble. People will complain, but I prefer this to racebending White characters.

Or, you know, just disregard SJWs and make good stories instead?

if they are going to include John AND Cyborg, they should have used the SPD Rangers.

SPD was super duper red pill, especially on race given how it was one big parable about the dangers of affirmative action

We could have a black Green Lantern, you know.

its a matter of how. you can do proper representation, but this isnt it. Cyborg already has a place in the Teen Titans. He belongs there, most people know him FROM there. And he arguably works way better there. He's been nothing but bland since he was introduced into the league, because he's redundant. Being a tech guy means nothing when that's normally Batman's job even without being half machine.

or even Mr Terrific. Cyborg works better as the titans tech guy because while robin or nightwing can be the detective, they aren't as techyy as Batman. he works there.

John I dont have a problem with, and it's not the first time the league has rotated Green lanterns. Remember, Guy was a leaguer at some point wasn't he?

the problem is Cyborg, specifically, was added to the JL SPECIFICALLY as a token black superhero because he was popular, instead of picking someone who can actually bring something interesting. I get they didn't want John because they wanted to keep Hal, but what about Steel? You could argue he's also redundant, for similar reasons and because he's just another Superman, but he's been sort of irrelevant since the 90's, and that could help him get some attention, instead of Cyborg, which just doesnt entirely work well outside of the group he already belongs to.

>In a world teeming with god-like heroes and villains as monstrous as Lord Zedd.

So can we assume Zedd is responsible for the whole breaching the command center thing? Otherwise they would had mentioned rita, here's hoping he gets to do shit instead of sitting on his ass

Mongul Zed War World team up please

Steel is off-limits because of timeline issues. He doesn't exist until Doomsday kills Superman in terms of his entire motivation for being a hero is wanting to carry on Superman's legacy.

Also, Guy had his entire JLA membership wiped out by Flashpoint (so did John and Kyle, due to the in-canon reason being that Steve Trevor was a manipulative shit who made damn fucking sure no one ever joined the team due to Steve being a faggot with low self-esteem who puffed himself up by claiming he and he alone was the "only person allowed to join the League"; to the point that Steve managed to get the rest of the team to lynch MM on sight when MM tried to join the JLA).

Granted, Guy did well coming out of Flashpoint: it retconned into existence a new sister, brought his brother back to life, AND made said brother AND Guy's dad good people instead of the evil, abusive shits who hated Guy and mad his life a living hell his entire life.

Or not.

So this is somehow "offensive?"

THEY'RE FUCKING WHITE MALES

Your point?

it's a meme you dip

>Wonder Woman

Don't you think that the League has enough brawlers? Zatara or Dr. Fate would be way better because of their magic.

Wally won't say anything and DC will make up some bullshit retcon to skirt the issue just like they did to keep nigger Wally.

When Wally came back it wasn't all "Who the fuck are you!?" Instead it was, "That's my cousin, we're both named for my grandfather and I've been secretly watching over him all his life."

Better?

Sorry, I meant this one.

Better?

Yes.

>Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!
>Plastic Man
>Atom

wasn't that all guggy?

Overwatch feels like it's good for Morrison JLA type stories to me. So I'll keep holding out for that JLA/Overwatch crossover.

Why not?

Black people don't trigger me. Shit characters do. I'd be fine with Guy in the League, and I could live with Rayner or Baz, but fuck Stewart.

Who the fuck cares? He was barely in it. Besides, McNider isn't that interesting, if he was replacing Cross you'd have more of an argument.

So everyone in that picture is way but Wondy?

>tfw I wonder who the hell is above Dinah and Billy

Goyer who wrote MoS and the inital BvS script(thatChris Terrio and Affleck did all they could to salvage) but was booted from anything dceu after Affleck and Terrio came on board, said MM wasa character only virgins like, and yeah with Goyerwe were never gonna see MM.
Unfortunately we're still not likely to get J'onn but at least now there's a chance.

Goyer also came.up with the terrible looking Syfy show Krypton.

Elongated Man staring down the superior stretchy hero.

Hey, would you rather be part of the JL or be a Power Ranger Sup Forums?

If he's so superior, where is his solo book? Checkmate stretchyfag.

>Black guys in the back
>cyborg counterpart to a chick

lol

As long as they are always in the back, like in OP, that's ok.

>Kryptonian
>Amazon
>Atlantian
>Martian
I only see three white people

To trigger Geoff Johns.

Static had a pretty good cartoon series. If anyone remembers him from something, it's that.

Bump

More mainstream adaptions of Batman don't really emphasize the "tech guy" aspect of him, beyond the Bat Computer. It's not really something people associate with him.

You're an idiot

Can we just make this the JL line up from now on.

Fuck semen slurping seaman.

Fuck boring Piccolo ripoff man.

This is legit.

>the worst and most uninteresting green latern

>aquaman

>le green man

why would you want those faggots?

>>the worst and most uninteresting green latern

>>aquaman

>>le green man

>why would you want those faggots?

kys

Name one time Elongated Man was Plastic Man. I'll wait.

how does Alex Ross manage to make the costumes look so cheap and shitty?

They had Static and they fucked it up too hard for anyone to ever trust them. They don't deserve being given another shot to put him through misery

They're both the same archetype of mouthy joker facade is my guess. They'd play off of each other well as they try to one up each other on the comedy department.

>buddy cop type comic with Spider-Man and Agent 76.
>Spider-man teaming up with a punisher level muerdering psychopath

Saban will never do business with Disney again, especially after Disney owned and made PR for nearly a decade

Yeah I mean John Stewart is allegedly going to be in the GL Corps movie. They easily could have gone with him.

Or for that matter any of the tons of more interesting black characters who were already JL members.

I understand the diversity grab. But why did it have to be Cyborg

>Steel is off-limits because of timeline issues. He doesn't exist until Doomsday kills Superman

So you mean exactly what happened in BvS

Sounds like they very easily could have used Steel

Bump

>if they are going to include John AND Cyborg, they should have used the SPD Rangers.

Why the fuck would ranger fags care about something beyond Might Morphing? They're the poster children for autistic nostalgia faggots

See Id go with Vixen. That way you get the black demo ontop of having another girl on the team

Bruh , you've never been on /m/, have you?

bruh, this isn't being marketed to /m/.