Are you guys ready for some Vikanderkino? This sexy lady is playing Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider movie ;)

Are you guys ready for some Vikanderkino? This sexy lady is playing Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider movie ;).

kys

>that neck

>video games movie
this never ends well

>120 minutes of """sexy""" shots of a literal wooden plank

no thanks

I believe she is the best choice for this role.

After all, name one actress that would fit better. Pro tip: you can't.

how about a woman who doesn't look like an ironing board

still not seeing an example, so I guess you have nothing

It worked well for Jolie's Tomb Raiders. They were great flicks.

That's about it though.

Lauren Cohan

too bad Jolie's Tomb Raider had nothing to do with the games.

>Lauren Cohan

ok so let's see what was she in...

>IMDB
>Batman v Superman

DROPPED

she's a nice actress, I give you that

but for some reason I can't stop seeing 7th Heaven when I see her face, kek

Her neck is lewd as fuck user,

I would nuzzle that all night.

try lurking a bit more, you'll get the hang of baiting eventually

>unironically liking BvS

Holy shit people like you exist

Have a feeling this will be total vinegar balls

>total vinegar balls
Who'd you steal this from?

Too bad his is based on the modern reboot Lara.
Surviving on an island rather than tomb raiding.

have you never been on Sup Forums before?

I always assumed it was a meme, there's no way people actually like it

Can't wait to watch a skinny little woman beat up men twice her size without breaking a sweat

You mean they didn't use the games plots, apart from that it hit all the marks, except probably the creepy butler you could lock in a fridge but he was cool in his own way too.
hot archaeologist shoots and flips her way through forgotten cities while being a smartass, that's TR1 and Cradle of Life.

I hope she gets her shit fucked up like in the reboot.
She was almost raped in the reboot.

Gal Gadot

it started as a joke and now the irony is so insanely heavy that people are about 2 steps from unironically liking it. The stupid fucking comparison pictures of misc shots to biblical oil paintings are brainwashing ironic shitposters into thinking its a good movie.

I would accept this. She's at least half-British too.

this

virtually any capable in-shape actress between 20 and 25 would have been better for the role

Other better options could've been

Nina Dobrev
Sophie Cookson
Gemma Arterton
even Daisy Ridley would've been better cause she at least looks in some way like a woman

Alicia Vikander looks like the fucking guy from Fear the Walking Dead

god it pisses me off seeing so many better actresses that actually look like Lara

Gina Carano

Watched a test screening last night. It's a Lara Croftian action movie with kafkian themes.
Semi-kino.

>its like Lucy
>but on the side of a mountain!

Idris Alba

>This sexy lady

sure she would be more decent because at least she has the face, but

>no tits

More like Lara Craft amirite

I want Alicia to piss in my mouth and raid my tomb.

She can wear a padded bra, Jolie did

Yeah, perfect choice
15 years ago

muh dick

that british girls with short hair

ah her face is cute, but her body is shit. Really makes you think about the conflict a man would face if he was in love with her, but had to live with her body

She a flatfish

Why didn't they cast this chick as Croft?

Vikander is hardly a 'star' name either.

Gemma is my first choice for classic (the only one that matters) Lara.

She doesn't fucking look like her.

So this will be an exercise in the great debate of style versus substance.

Vikander is a talented actress, far more talented than Jolie atleast, but to her credit Jolie truly looked the part and while not delivering maste pieces delivered a decent enough diversion and some excellent eye candy

now we will see if Vikander with her superior acting chops can do better

I think she's just a little to old for the part

I don't recall if Vikander is capable of showing emotion while she acts

I can only picture her with a resting bitch face, is Lara stoic these days, because if so this won't necessarily be a problem

>picks an even worse choice

this

she's always playing the vulnerable vacant weak female role.

I think she's in the same boat as Jessica Beil, a little too old. I don't think you want to start a new franchise with 35 year old actresses

I enjoy bvs the same as I enjoy the resident evil movies, daredevil. Elektra, spawn, blade, and the 90s batman movies.
I'm a big fan of camp/cheese whatever you want to call it. Its fun and unpretentious unlike Christopher "its going to be like citizen Kane" Nolan.
Which isn't to say you can't enjoy it on a deeper level if you want to. Dawn of the dead was cheesy but had social commentary. Being "low quality" doesn't preclude it from being profound.
So I think you're full of shit and projecting when you accuse others of being brainwashed.

Can't act

Is Tombraider popular enough that they could have hired an unknown to be Lara but still put a big ticket name as the antagonist?

>far more talented than Jolie

eh just different sort of roles. They both have Academy Awards and Jolie has way more awards over all due to a longer career.

it's more that Jolie is willing to do all sort of different projects. I think she was perfect for Lara Croft back in 2001, but I can see why they went in a different direction now.

You're not going to be able to match up with Jolie's take on the character as a big tit ass kicker. So much like the newer games this was a smart move to head in after 15+ years.

Among movie fans, not really. Remember the last one flopped bad

She has the body for it, is a decent actress, but can she pull off an English accent?

I always see her in minor stuff, does she have a huge, memorable role?

I'll never understand why people here prefer to have a pair of tits walking instead of a recognized actress. Alicia worked hard for the role. She prepared for real and got muscle and got fit, that's more than what can be said for other actresses like Gal Gadot. She's also a fan of the saga from before the reboot and to top, she's a good actress and more than prepared for any range the movie demands. Why you discard her automatically because she doesn't have tits? Are you saying all Lara Croft ever did was having a pair of big tits?

This. It will be fine. It's just niggers sticc bullying.

Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck about anything other than tits and ass

>She prepared for real and got muscle and got fit

This isn't even a requirement, 2013 Lara was an archaeology student that got in a shipwreck and had to survive, nothing says she's supposed to be muscular, she's literally just supposed to look like an in-shape 22yr old student.

Sure, she's a solid actress, but so are many, many others that bear more of a resemblance. God forbid we want Lara's actress to actually look like Lara, and not just some brunette stick dressed like her. Alicia looks like shit cosplay.

this

If i pull that accent off, will you die?

Glgdt?

They should have just used Camilla Luddington for this shit. She is a decent enough actress for a shit action movie and she already plays Lara Croft.

Yeah, she well fit as beaver.

Nu-Lara is an insult towards girls with big breasts. I mean women scream 'sexist!' at Tomb Rider franchise while it's body positive. But no, we're only allowed to have boyish female action protagonists. How is that progressive?