I don't know why but I feel compelled to mention something about this movie...

I don't know why but I feel compelled to mention something about this movie, which to me underpins a dark side to the modern pop-culture left.

Diana kills lots of dudes, I mean LOTS of dudes, all because she hopes to "end war". It never occurs to her that the dudes in WW1 believed the exact same thing about themselves.

Then she finds out all of her killing was in vain. Instead of regret or remorse, she claims herself to be morally pure and absolves herself of all guilt, while still condemning mankind in general for the exact same sin. Why? Because she's a woman? Because she's an amazonian? Because she's the main character?

It's tremendously petty for an audience to enjoy the moral grandstanding of a fictional character that is dancing on the graves of millions of real men who actually fought and died in a terrible struggle.

Did I interpret that wrong or is she the most hypocritical superhero in film?

Isn't her whole "I choose love" bit about deciding to emphasize with mankind rather than judging it?

Yeah but only in the sense that she has the moral position to either: Judge or Forgive (Love).

But that doesn't make any sense, because she's more guilty than literally anyone else.

She thought men killed one another because Ares drove them to, forcing them to kill one another for petty reasons so he could advance his evil goals of eradicating humanity. While she herself killed mostly out of necessity due to her noble cause that would eventually stop all killings once she killed Ares
Later she learned men killed one another, again mostly for petty reasons, because they actually wanted to, not because Ares drove them to. So that's why she probably still felt morally right in her pass killings.

Either way, the whole killing/non-killing when it comes to Wonder Woman is muddled as fuck even in the comics.

SHE ENJOYED THE KILLING SHE WAS DOING BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT IT WAS JUST.

SHE IS GUILTY AS FUCK OF THE VERY THING SHE CONDEMNS AND THE AUDIENCE IS COMPLICIT IN THIS.

ALL CAPS WERE NECESSARY DONT QUESTION IT.

Yeah, i know.

Even in the comics Wonder Woman's usually shown as the pragmatic member of the Justice League who's willing to murder the fuck out of enemies, which make her butt heads with Superman and Batman, and then despite all the killing she still goes on about how she loves EVERYONE and is kind to all, normal people and enemies alike, not at all like the meanie Batman who believes in vengeance and punishment.

That, of course, because the publisher's writers can't agree with one another if she's supposed to be a cool badass warrior or cute caring hero.

> can't agree with one another if she's supposed to be a cool badass warrior or cute caring hero

I think you just described the cognitive dissonance inherent to the entire feminist movement.

And since the publisher's writers want to make Wonder Woman a popular character, which factor what feminists might like, we get the conflicting portrayals of said character.

So the movie tried to have both ways as well.

/thread
We learned a lot here, today, gentlemen. Mainly: bitches be tripping.

>Diana kills lots of dudes, I mean LOTS of dudes

Yes

>kills lots of people
>destroy the symbol of love, the german church
>in the end of the movie she does that antiChrist pose

Thanks Lord, this is not for me

>destroy the symbol of love, the german church
It was a Belgian church that an occupying German army had used as a sniper position.

they're not dudes, they're filthy germans

>hurr durr WW1 was all the work of an evil Darth Vader wannabe
>huurrrrr what are politics and alliances and geopolitical interests and eerrrrrrrrrhuuuuu the germans were just evil stormtroopers who want to end the good-natured LGBT british forces rruuuururrrrrrrrr let's go in a british trench, lament the hardships these poor people are going through, then go slaughter the german trench with similar people going through similar hardships but it's no biggie because they're on the side of EVIL
this movie infuriated me to a great extent

Did it feel weird for you to see an action movie starring a WOMAN?

>I mean LOTS of dudes
She's only shown to have killed about 4 or 5, in a fucking war, and she thought one of them was actually Ares. The men in the film kill way more than her.
Have you actually watched the movie, or are you just parroting whatever Sup Forums told you about it?

I like the hardass "ends justify the means", "if you are not with me, you are my enemy" WW from Injustice.

The movie would be a pretty decent indiana jones flick if you just removed ww from it. With and her bolywood acitng its pure cringe.

>Only shown to have killed 4 maybe 5
Did YOU watch the movie?

No you're right. It thematically undercut the movie a lot.

She killed a ton of soldiers who were misguided/fighting for their country, then she "matures" and stops being so niave, THEN she figures that each person decides their morality rather than just being controlled.

But she doesn't make the connection that she therefore murdered a ton of morally ambiguous / innocent people under the wrong pretenses.

Justice League will be better.

Hitting people is not the same as killing them.

I had more of a problem with her having no qualms killing dozens of men fighting for their country, but suddenly her soul was at stake when the question came to killing a war criminal responsible for thousands, possibly millions of military and civilian deaths who just so happened to have been a woman.

t. filthy *nglo

she is a demigod, a hit from her, especially with early 20th century medicine is crippling if not fatal

I felt like the original story of Ares not existing being much better. This film validates her naivety. The original story wanted to force her to mature by coming to terms with what men are capable of. WW1 was chosen by Snyder because there is no clear good/bad side but just senseless killings on both sides. Jenkins of course seemed more obsessed with showing off cool hero moments with Diana than actually have some sort of character arc that also would explain her absense in BvS.

I felt like it was uncharacteristically naive by DC who with TDK-Watchmen-BvS have shown they approach these superheroes more head-on.

Injustice WW is the worst version of the character.

The original story revealed there was no Ares and there was no happy ending with the young German soldiers cheering the end of the war. It ended in a sour note with her referencing the fact nothing ever changed and that right after WWII happened. Pudge's character also had a lot more of a presence in the story.

Source?

So, you're making up your own headcannon in order to make your point stand, gotcha.

This is much better desu. I enjoy the bittersweet films more.

Yeah, but people hated how dour and depressing BvS was, so you know...

It was neither dour or depressing though.

I'm amazed you could even think past the cringeworthy acting and the overused slowmo.

>implying she doesn't make you want to kill a lots of palestinians for her... in the name of Love of course
OP come on.

Ares still serves a purpose in the film. He serves as a contrast to Ludendorff, Poison, Diana and Steve.

Ludendorff and Poison show that mankind can be more bloodthirsty and warmongering than a literal god of war. Steve shows that mankind can understand self-sacrifice and heroism better than a demigod.

People hated how shit it was.

I'm still wondering where are all those sources on what WW was supposed to be.

surprise surprise, a character created by a retarded feminist is retarded and hypocritical. in other news: sun is bright, fire is hot.

She's not as hypocritical as you are, since wouldn't hold any of these criticisms if the character was a man.

A wild libtard appears with his usual sophism (you forgot to say OP must be a virgin too or something).

I mean it pretty much applies to all heroes at this point in today's culture. In today's world you can gather enough evidence that Captain America is a mass murderer as well as Iron Man Superman and pretty much every other hero. It's the job of course of the director to manipulate your feelings to make it actually seem cool or make them likable despite that.

I just can't buy a world war 1 film where the main hero and star is a jewish female superhero.

It's just fucking baffling to me that this is how the company decided to honor those dead and left alive from the Great War.

>watches retarded capeshit bullshit, questions the movie why its bullshit

WEW

>Because she's a woman? Because she's an amazonian? Because she's the main character?

Its because she's the main character in a capeshit movie. 20+ years ago capeshit movies were seen as b-movies like that shitty monster movies. only exceptions were batman and superman and they weren't even taken that seriously. now capeshit became mainstream. that's all.

it's a fictional war film since what war events are altered

it's like making a WW2 zombie flick

I really don't remember her saying she was absolved of anything. Are you talking about when Steve told her Ares was fake at the base? Because we weren't meant to agree with her there, she's having an emotional break specifically because she realized how many people she's killed in vain.
Well, sort of in vain. Ares still obviously existed, just not in the function Diana was told about.

>specifically because she realized how many people she's killed in vain

nope
she's mad because "they don't deserve me"

Yeah, because the world has corrupted her into being like them in her eyes.

Here's a key difference between Marvel and DC that I never see anyone talk about.

Marvel, even in their comics, like to sort of "pretend" they're taking place in the "real world." Manhattan, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, pretty much any major city you can think of all appear prominently in the Marvel Universe, with its fictional places like Wakanda, Sokovia, etc. always mixed in with real places like Lagos and Afghanistan, both of which have already appeared in the MCU. I feel like this is a cheat, using real places to "ground" your stories in the American consciousness and treat the rest of the world like a tertiary imaginary place.

DC centers its characters in fictional places and cities, by and large, and by doing so, they drive home the point that their world, while similar to ours, is not our world, nor is it to be mistaken for such. Their world events and back history may contain some similar beats, but it unfolded differently there and not necessarily the way we know it tofrom our own history.

This is the wall that the MCU is starting to approach - by "keeping it real," they jettisoned much of what lore they had, and all just to woo the normies. Without it, they're already running out of story, hence why everything's becoming increasingly formulaic.

So... white savior is fine and acceptable unless is male?

That's women in a nutshell.

Is the movie actually as good as people say? One of the best capeshit yet?

No, it's borderline mediocre with an atrocious third act

no

Apparently, since the savior in this movie is also the male character

What distinguishes it is the relationship between Diana and Steve. It feels real in a way that you don't typically find in cape movies. It makes for an engaging romantic subplot that doesn't come across as forced and insultingly vapid.

It's a superhero movie