What would you like to see in a Lovecraftian epic? And who would you cast?

What would you like to see in a Lovecraftian epic? And who would you cast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zEiC4a6PLcI
youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQb-qBq4hI
youtube.com/watch?v=4LZo9ugJTWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lovecraft's monsters are supposed to be incomprehensible. Even looking at them drives you insane. The most any movie will be able to do is eyes, tentacles, and teeth and that won't make it good.

7 kids go into the sewer to fuck it up with friendship. And casual sex.

>Lovecraftian
>epic
Good job, you missed the entire point of the film before even imagine it. I'm sure you could find a nice job in Hollywood.

It'd take a good director and writer, but why would the audience need to see the (whole) monster?

Memes aside

>t. never read lovecraft

because cthulu is epic xDDD

2 hours of anti-immigrant prejudice, followed by five minutes of a monster doing monster stuff.

>What would you like to see in a Lovecraftian epic?
i would like to see kafkaesque and lynchian elements

I'd like to see Howard Philip Lovecraft, dismissing the protagonist's claims of supernatural weirdness as "the deranged ravings of a half-caste mongrel".

How do we stop this cancer on Sup Forums?

WHAT IF CTHULHU WASN'T JUST A STORY...

>ear shattering fart noise

Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath. Hell, they could even make it truly about a quest for his loved one of his dreams that were stolen by the gods of earth instead of a marvellous sunset city.

fockin tom hardy as cthulhu and idris elba as jack torrance
they fuck shit up and save the fockin world

Erich Zann

Dream Cycle stories
Especially "The White Ship" and "The Strange High House in the Mist"
I would cast no Nigger or other PC bullshit.

youtu.be/zEiC4a6PLcI

Richard Upton Pickman

Holy shit

Can you kill cthulhu with heavy artillery?

You can kill him with a small boat.

Why the fuck is everyone so afraid of him?

August Derleth memed him.

People in fiction don't know they are in fiction so when they see a 500 foot tall squid man demon beast climb out of the ocean they don't criticize the special effects or say the events aren't interesting because they've seen it before, they just shit themselves (with an ear shattering fart noise)

This, sadly.
Any Lovecraftian movie done by Hollywood will ends up with explosions.

The Music of Erich Zann is the best Lovecraft novel anyway.

ear shattering fart noises

I want him to call people niggers. Especially dog lovers.

>Kafka-esque
I'd like to see a guy call out from work, retreat to his room, refuse to come out for weeks despite his family's pleas, admonishments, and eventual disgust and anger, then emerge as Cthulhu and lay waste to Prague.

you can't tho. that was what the ending of call of cthulhu was all about.

you can slam into him with a steam ship, and he just splits apart and regenerates again.

>Lovecraftian epic

Iunno.

I always considered pickmans model to be one of his best. And probably the best intro to him for normies as well.

Did you saw that animated music video about some kids that where making out in a pool. Then they start ttansforming into monsters. And in the end the girl gets transpprted to another world and she sees this giant livong mountain or something and then her eyes explode.

That was very lovecraftian

youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg

lovecraft is ruined
shut it down
never again

There is a way.
Just don't show everything, and make the tone trippy as fuck
Like David Lynch shit but actually on drugs this time

it'd be a noir movie with pirates of the carribean elements
cgi monsters, all the well known ones to lure in the die-hards AND a wider audience
and wink and a nod to the books but nothing in the movie will really be using them
diverse cast, regardless of setting or location
and it's gotta set up the whole lovecraft universe for the 2 sequels coming out in 2018/19

am I forgetting anything?

kek, has anyone here watched this?

add "pointless romance"

A Lovecraftian movie would be easy as shit to make. I don't know why Hollywood has such a hard time with this.

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky

epic

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmQb-qBq4hI

More POC, less wh*te males. Address the issue of racism in Lovecraft's work, and turn his line about fear of the unknown on its head to confront the ignorance that creates bigotry.

I prefer something kafkaesque

We already have one.
youtube.com/watch?v=4LZo9ugJTWQ