Thanks for nothing Peter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F8nBo4yJUxA
youtube.com/watch?v=iD-boTqrBnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hate nothing more than this shit, and it's ubiquitous now

color grading is cancer

great, more teal

I don't give a shit desu. I have both the DVD and BD box anyway.

>lotr graphics done in 2K
Enjoy your ass CGI

Color grading has existed and been commonplace for as long as film has been an established artistic medium. You only notice the egregiously shit examples of it. It's likely that plenty of your favourite movies are color graded to some degree.

hahah it's called a BLUE ray right?

The Birth of a Nation used different colours to reflect different moods back in 1915

i don't deny this, of course color grading is a thing
the point is that with digital taking over and lazy studios/filmmakers, it has been getting worse and worse at an insane exponential rate

I own both on Blu-ray. TE has always been the best way to watch. I never cared for EE but is fun to watch for comfy purposes.

It's called Jim Cameron loves blue. THat's actually blueray done right and i have both

Anywhere to buy the original version still?

Hey guys you know what would make Jurassic Park better? If we made it all BLUE HAHAHA

So artistic!

Ya, they sale TE blueray at Walmart for $14.

Is this the pinnacle of autism?

You know what would make Predator better? If we tried to digitally remove the film grain FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AHAHAHAHA

WOAH

i hate this kind more than anything

Damn those are some crisp squiggles. Buying the box set right now!

Either way the movies are shit, blue or green.

With blue-ray you consume harder and longer.
Its to do with color blue and extended cuts making you relentless and braindead for longer plus it causes extended brain trauma that makes you remember and carry out fragments of memory made by that movie

also private torrent trackers are uploading infected pieces of software masked with trojans that most of users now dismiss as "nothing to worry about"
then this data gets sold back to the corporations.

ps your "captcha" is wierd

kek

this is egregious and should be illegal

>drawing a tree instead of his staff

horrible

>lets ruin all the hard work agreed everyone?
>agreed!

Yeah: white people as cool guys and black people as savage niggers

Wait, so I have to get the theatrical version if I want actual colors in LOTR films?

Have you seen the Gain on the Blu-Ray Jurassic Park, it's fucking horrible.

>Can't save presets on TV
>Have to manually calibrate the colors for Each. Individual. Movie. I. Watch.

Thanks a bunch Photoshop.

is it really this bad?

at least it isn't boaring

Yes. I would legitmately rebuy the boxset for full price if they removed that shit filter. Holy fuck please get rid of it.

It ruins how nice some scenes look.

Ahah sucks for you guys I'm colorblind I can't even tell the difference. Get fucked fags.

Is there a good website which has some sort of database on this kind of stuff? I know I'm late to the game, but I've decided to start a collection and I want a good source where I can find information on what release has the best features/image quality. I want every copy I own to look as close to the original release print as possible.

Keeping scenes, especially landscapes in their natural color grade made it feel a lot more real to me. This is some BvS shit.

The fact that a movie like this can feel realistic is an accomplishment. When I see colour grading like that, it makes the movie feel unnatural and cold. Which is the complete opposite of what I felt first seeing the movie.

I couldn't agree with you more

post melting chocolate man

Is his face made of plastic?

So if I am to buy LoTR, should I stick with DVD?

>left: grimdark shit
>right: dynamic color

>blue
you know the left is the original, right?

>when you take blu ray too seriously

I think Fellowship is the only one they fucked over for some reason.

I like you.

The left one is actually the 2D blu-ray, and the one on the right is the 3D blu-ray.
youtube.com/watch?v=F8nBo4yJUxA

Arny is made of plastic now

yes and the 3d version is covered by a yellow piss filter.

All they had to do was not crush the highlights and shadows and it wouldn't have looked as bad. Tried to show what I mean in pic related.
I'll still take the original any day though.

New Line > Spaghetti > Platinum >Warner

So which one is the correct one?
Criterion or Italian?

the orange ones are everywhere yet they look the most shit

it was used to good effect in john wick but thats the only good recent example i can remember. usually you get that burnt color level look where white people look orange and everything else is green/blue with pitch black shadows. whatever happened to subtlety?

REFN!!!!

it's ONLY fellowship and ONLY the extended edition

I managed to download a 1080p Theatrical Cut torrent. How jealous are you?

I actually did notice this when rewatching se7en a couple years ago on a blu ray I picked up from a bargain bin. I had no fucking idea it was this butchered. I hate that insanely saturated look

Okay thanks

It's fine because you're not supposed to take off your sunglasses when you go skying

Any links my man? I'd love to watch it all properly for once, but I never had the time

just buy it, cheap fools. I bought the theatrical trilogy for $10 like 8 years ago

Enjoy your Disney Blu rays

i hope hollywood implodes

You zoomed in on the right dipshit

Why does it look like it was converted to flash animation? How is that possible?

No, the blu-ray is literally zoomed in. Just look at

It looks like it was stretched to fit a 16:9 format and then rendered to smooth it out.
Guess they figure fuck kids, like they'll give a shit

This is where I can finally agree with Sup Forums, fucking Jews ruining pieces of American history.

Why they do this?

I...I actually like the WB one followed by Platinum
Should I gouge my eyes out?

They smeared the image to eliminate the film grain, because studios know that normies don't like seeing film gran on blu ray. Than they literally traced over the "important" lines, and called it a day.

MK ultra related.

Brainwashing, color grading subliminal education. Look into it, the blue and orange. New "remastered" versions do this nowadays

Criterion always released great blurays because they respect the artistic side of filmmaking. Just go with that one.

I'm pretty sure it's all filters.

I could literally do a better job with Neat Video or MVTools
Not even meme'ing right now

Did they do the same thing to the Spongebob season 1 bluray? It looks kind of blurry to me in a way. still looks better than the dvd rips I was watching. I can't find season 2 or 3 in bluray though.

Nah, it's just a poor scan.

>I don't know boss, I don't think the general audience is going to notice a difference on their 40" HDTVs
>just put some blue tint on it

How come everything needs to be fucking BLUE nowadays?

youtube.com/watch?v=iD-boTqrBnQ

The original color grading of O Brother Where art Thou deliberately changed the green to golden/brown to make it more dust bowl-ly. "dry and brown and dusty" (1:10mins).

blu-ray edition

I like Zacks WW shot better.

The theatrical is fine. The extended is fucked with.

Fuck this shit.

>leaves in the background
comfy
>leaves in the background
boogers

The regular version of the movie doesn't have that green effect.