Disaster Artist

I keked at "I HIT HER", am I retarded or is it actually good?
youtube.com/watch?v=rir1WzZqwxE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qa6Flvv11w
youtube.com/watch?v=V6ubiUIxbWE
youtube.com/watch?v=7BK3c4WaI7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yay, more low-brow jew humor flicks.

Looks pretty good, but here's the thing, as good as this might be, it will never be as great as watching the Room.

The only thing that could be almost as good would be to watch behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the Room.

You moron.

A24 produced it. Of course it will be good.

>Tommy Wiseau just keeps winning.

Why do we award failure?

Wtf is with Greg's character? Can Rogan not stomach a single actor not being Jewish?

Tommy Wiseau is the American Dream personified. He did his best to achieve his dream of making a movie, and it paid off. There is nobody on Earth purer than he is.

it's juist actors jerking off actors

and francos, the worst of all

It looks pretty good, and it seems like they'll do the more emotional scenes of the book justice. It doesn't appear to be a straight comedy.
Sistero likes to joke about how absurd Wiseau is, but he also seems to respect him and acknowledge him as a friend. The book is hilarious but it's not remotely mean-spirited, it's nice to see the movie is going with that as well.

The book is much better.

Whole film is pointless. It's just mocking some shitty movie. Why not just see the shitty movie itself?

No one can out Tommy Tommy. You can't.

I can already see all the pleb normies in the theatre laughing at every retarded joke in this movie and throwing their popcorn everywhere.

>forced love interest

Why is this necessary

Not really.

The audio book is MUCH better tho

If the movie doesn't have a lenghty flashbacks on Tommy's escape from Poland, slavery in France and struggle in USA it's 50% less impactful.

>The book is much better.

Book: Serious story about two weido losers coming together, making a terrible film.

Film: Hahha The room is so silly!

>Film: Hahha The room is so silly!

That's not at all what the film is about, it's supposed to be very emotional and heartwarming. Read some reviews that are already out there or watch interviews with Franco.

Wait, why is Rogan the director? Didn't Tommy direct it himself?

The episode of the How Did This Get Made podcast where they discuss and critique The Room is fucking amazing. They talk to a couple of the actors during it as well. Not Tommy, though. I'm not sure, has Wiseau ever done any interviews?

the room should be not celebrated.

it honestly doesn't look that bad and i'm surprised at how decent franco's impression is

The second trailer gets more into that Ed Wood kind of vibe than just being "le funny movie".

I'm still skeptical, but that second trailer paints a better picture of what I think we'll get, which looks like it'll be very close to the book

I love the Room and the book was great so I have absolutely no reason to watch this high school play starring the football team laughing at themselves.

I can't fucking stand Seth Rogen.
Even his is voice triggers me.

his impression is decent, the accent is kind of inconsistent, i with sistero coached him more because listen to the audiobook, sistero's impression is fucked up good, even the tambre of voice

You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.

Rogan's character was initially the script supervisor, but as Tommy spent most of the time acting, he somewhat informally took over the role.

poser detected

>There is nobody on Earth purer than he is
That's because he's the first alien settler on Earth

>not posting the trailer with the accent
youtube.com/watch?v=5Qa6Flvv11w

I actually like James Franco

The book sounds intresting, but the movie looks like an insincere circlejerk for Franco and his obnoxious friends.

Hating James Franco is a shitty Sup Forums meme. Kudos to you for not being a part of it. Enjoying James Franco's body of work is a Patrician choice and you should be commended for speaking truth to power.

the book is 10x funnier than the room. every 5 pages or so i had to put the book down from laughing so hard

Is The Room really that bad?

Yes haha I also really keked many times to this hilarious new trailer starring James Franco who may I say really is a big guy for me am I right Sup Forums?

Terrible

Literally so bad it's good

One of my all-time favourites.

If you're afraid knowing the back story will dispel some of the magic of The Room don't be, it only enhanses it.

it's made by a deranged man without much knowledge or experience in film. of course it's bad.

He has but it's impossible to pick his brain no matter how probing the question.

Read the book. It's incredible. The movie looks like it will be just as funny.

Was Johnny a real American hero Sup Forums?

>le franco and friends normify a niche phenomenon

Great, now every fuckin person will be talking about The Room and how "it's so bad it's good." Part of the reason why it's so great is because you don't see the offscreen incompetence and are left with a long, boring, and strange pet project.

>high school play starring the football team laughing at themselves

good analogy. I will reference this

Didn't he get hit by a car and get a huge settlement which he used to fund The Room? I wonder if it turned a profit in theatres, I'm sure it has now since it achieved a cult like status

Meryl Streep recently was in a move about another so-bad-it's-good great, Florence Foster Jenkins, and no one gave a shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=V6ubiUIxbWE

That already happened back when Adult Swim aired The Room for an entire block on April Fool's Day. Then Rifftrax riffed it. It's normie culture now anyway.

>manlet Franco as greg
The only flaw desu. James as Tommy is pretty good based on the trailer.

Oh come on, it's not some gread piece of underground art. It's the product of a mildly mentally disabled polish an comically failing at making a good movie. It's not like it displays some sort of great ambition and creativity failing to be expressed, it's a bland melodrama about yuppies in San Francisco otherwise.

>things aren't cool if people other than me think so.

Grow up dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=7BK3c4WaI7M

After that food movie they did they pretty much lost any credibility I had for them.

The Room was not an Internet phenomenon. It's one of the last things that was organically made infamous by word of mouth.

I have nostalgia for niche groups, people, institutions, and things. God forbid people hold something sacred you postmodernist

This.

>friend says i absolutely have to watch this fantastic movie

>i suffer next to him through that horrendous sex scene

Why would I pay money to watch Dude Weed and his gang just recreate a classic movie under the guise of it being "meta"?
It actually makes me mad that this exists.

Don't you ever call me a postmodernist again you fucking brain-damaged child. There is a difference between "holding something sacred" and "selfishly wanting to keep other people from enjoying something" but you are to developmentally delayed to understand. Make a doctor's appointment and ask him to check your amygdala.

sex scene was hot whats your problem

You probably haven't even watched in the hundreds of theatres across the country that regularly air it

DUDE, IRRATIONAL ANGER, LMAO

Who cares about the fucking internet, you sperg.

>to
Looks like your brain is fucking stupid lmao

>watching a movie in hundreds of theaters

Wouldn't just the one be enough?

I am man enough to own my mistakes. That was a typo, but it is inexcusable nonetheless. Feel free to disregard my previous posts, and all future posts I may post.

>organically made infamous by word of mouth

The internet is an organism. All hail the new flesh.

This, but unironically.

underrated post.

Real human bean

Nothing wrong with a bit low brow my man

>looks nothing like Tommy Wiseau
>sounds nothing like Tommy Wiseau
>acts nothing like Tommy Wiseau
>still has the lead role

Do these guys fuck eachother in real life?

The actor who played Mark wrote a book where he claims that Weisseu was more than likely involved with an Eastern European organized crime syndicate and The Room was made to launder money.

it all makes sense now

That accent is bad. It just sounds like Frank Jameso doing the wild and crazy guys voice. Obviously a native speaker.

James Franco is unlikeable but his brother is even more unlikeable.

That fucking jew mug is so offputting

Wiseau doesnt have a lisp. Whats with the fake lisp?

>what is having a friend

Maybe you'll get lucky enough to find out what having friends is like one day, if you stop being such an awful jackass.

his voice in Monsters vs Aliens was top notch tho

Where's the pen one?

>has Wiseau ever done any interviews

multiple...you can't exactly call them interviews though, it's more like the interviewer is talking to an oblivion NPC character.

No he didn't. What book did you read? Greg flat out states that Tommy has never been involved in crime (and wouldn't even be able to be a criminal because he can't keep a low profile), and the idea that The Room was a money laundering scheme makes no sense. The backstory in the book doesn't even hint at crime or anything sketchy, besides Tommy possible whoring himself out to lonely, old rich people.

>a movie about how bad The Room is
Why? We can just watch The Room.

Not him, but yes he did. He says this in the book as one of the possibilities of Tommy's wealth. However in the audio book, Greg says this in a satirical and sarcastic tone as a joke.

because it's an adaptation of the book, not something they came up with themselves

No he didn't. Like I said, Greg brings up the idea, but only to explain that it isn't true and doesn't make sense. He never says that it's true, or even treats it as a real possibility. That's why he narrates those sections sarcastically; it's sarcastic in the book, too.

is the book called disaster artist?

>Seth rogen directing
>Tommy is unaware of his lines
Didn't Tommy like, write produce, film, direct, star, and jerk off all the actors(whether they liked it or not) in the room? I'm not asking for historical accuracy but it would be funnier to have an overbearing Tommy wiseau to Seth rogen, James Franco, Danny McBride, and everyone else just making the same movie for the 10th time but this time the setting is on set for The Room

Its going to win oscars

>Greg brings up the idea
>That's why he narrates those sections sarcastically
So basically what I just said?

Not every book needs a movie. By the nature of the medium, a lot of the subtlety and nuance of the The Disaster Artist is going to be lost in the transition to film. What's going to be left is two hours of James Franco's mediocre Tommy Wiseau impression. I can't imagine that many people are going to waste their money on this disaster.

do not post anymore

you are retarded