/trek/

Jacarine Peel Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jtmsI07AMsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was my favorite captain

>edition
If you are going to make a new thread at least come up with a good discussion topic

Discovery next week boys

Will it be good? Will it be shit? Will Sup Forums cry about it whatever the result?

most of us already agreed that it will be the new DS9
>serious storyline with war and stakes
>protagonist not giving a fuck about Federation regulations
>still have comedy since characters like Mudd are there
>based black character instead of wimpy white/jew faggots
>darker tone and snd based space battles

>dat Hoshi fan service in the first episode of S2

>Will Sup Forums cry about it whatever the result?
Undoubtedly.
As for the actual quality of the show, from everything I've seen, I'm leaning towards it being bad. Not "reeee they ruined my childhood" bad, mind you. Just sort of disappointing. That seems to be the current trend of cash-grab sci-fi.
I would suspect there will be 1 or too good episodes that people fixate over, while the rest of it will be bland.

Trekkies hate everything

>he doesn't feel that topping preference for your raktajino is an important topic worth discussing.
Personally I like to Romulan up my Klingon coffee, but I get why most people don't.

>deep sleep 9

They were right to be sceptical. S1 of TNG was abysmal, for the most part.
It's unfortunate that in the current show production format, Discovery is unlikely to get a 2nd season to improve on identifiable flaws if the show is anything but a front-runner. But I won't pretend that I'm confident in the material I've seen so far.

S1 was on par with most of TOS
So they were just a bunch of hypocrites that probably only remembered the movies.

I'll watch all of it just to be sure.
Enterprise started like shit but became a good trek series at the end.
You'll never know.
"Trekkies" will cry because it's not TNG remastered.

>"Trekkies" will cry because it's not TNG remastered.

Don't act like that's not a legitimate complaint

This, only TNG redditors will dislike STD.
Not a surprise since they are busy praising the orville now.

>only redditors will dislike TNG
This is a new one, considering the immense hate it's been getting round here

>TNG redditors
wait missed a word, disregard my comment

>based black character instead of wimpy white/jew faggots
So this is bait from an anti-DS9 poster?

The captain in STD is white (and the actor is Jewish), by the way.

>Legitimate concern about the lacklustre promo-material makes you "not a true fan".
From the bottom of my heart, lads, go fuck yourselves. It's possible to like a thing and be critical of its flaws. It's also possible to accept that an iteration of a thing you like might just be plain bad.
And yes, I get how ridiculous I'm being, trying to convince Sup Forums posters that not everything is black and white.

he is not the main character
read the articles before calling other people baiters

>XO raised as vulcan dealing with human relationships
>captain mentoring XO through relationships
>XO roommate on a starship with cadet so that they can be female bffs and have heart-to-heart girl talks about their love life
>klingons dressed like lady gaga

It's going to be shiiiiiiiit.

Is it weird that I can tell if someone is jewish just by looking at their face?

Sounds like you weren't around back when Enterprise came out and everybody hated it even though the later seasons were great.

Hello to Jason Isaacs

No? What kind of question is that?

Imagine if someone judged TNG from the lackluster promo materials.

youtube.com/watch?v=jtmsI07AMsE
Reusing footage from the movies? A Mary-Sue kid? Obviously it's going to crash and burn.

Where is Discovery set in the time line?

*later season

And it only got decent, never great. The problem is that it was a good upward trend and a fifth season would've possibly been really good.

Ten years before TOS.

Roughly a decade before TOS.

Fucking this.
I remember all the threads on Sup Forums during ENT's original run with all the nu-males TNG faggots and the other "trekkies" complaining about it no stop. Meanwhile now everyone loves it and the show is vindicated.

*in the JJ Trek universe

>commander

>Enterprise ends in May 2005
>Sup Forums is created in April 2006
Really makes me think.

I like Enterprise itself, but Enterprise fanatics are garbage posters.

No, it's in the original timeline/universe.

>He plays the character with a slight southern U.S. accent, and had initially wanted to ad-lib a catchphrase for the character feeling that all Star Trek captains should have one, coming up with "git'r done" which the writers turned down due to it being widely used and copyrighted by Larry the Cable Guy.

Straight from the wiki

Male
Species:
Human

Affiliation:
Federation Starfleet
Prophets of Bajor

Captain

>I remember all the threads on Sup Forums during ENT's original run

Damn, are you in the JJverse in real life?

Well, actually I guess when he got the defiant he did become a capt.

I stand rebuked.

>Sup Forums is the only place where people discuss things

>I remember all the threads on Sup Forums

>I remember all the threads on Sup Forums during ENT's original run
What are you gonna do now, ENTie? Post song lyrics? Spam copypasta? Cry about nu-males?

>it's in the original timeline/universe
Really? I thought they were done with that for good because they didn't want to put up with more fanboy rage about continuity errors.

and this is why we need poster ids

Because someone lied about being on Sup Forums during Enterprise's original run, so they should be mocked mercilessly from now on?

CBS has the original universe, Paramount has the JJ universe.

Where can I get a DY-100 ship?

i thought worf was captain of the defiant

>we need this thing that you can get literally anywhere else but the website we are currently on

What did user mean by this?

>finally got to Our Man Bashir

I really hope its as fun as you guys hyped it up to be. The intro was great desu.

Quark's Bar, Grill, Gaming House and Holosuite Arcade

(formerly Ore Processing Unit Gamma 12)

Only in the TNG movies.

>watching the TNG movies
Fucking wew.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Do we know that it's about Klingons?

DS9's pilot had a huge space battle against the Borg with the lead character being the XO on the Saratoga. But DS9 was neither about the Borg nor about the Saratoga.

>I'm glad to hear her expertise doesn't stop at jumjaw sticks

Is Miles a saint or what?

It is probably the best Bashirsode.

That isn't saying much. Although it is odd how over the course of the series you go from hating him, to tolerating him in scenes.

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

YOU'LL DIE, IF YOU TRY

THAT IS ALL.

>XO

what is this?

if anything Keiko is the saint.
Setting down for an out of shape absent husband that didn't even sexually satisfy her and forced her to live on a backwater cardassian space station.

Worf commanded the Defiant when Sisko was not able to.
Even though Kira being Worf's senior officer she wasn't able to because she was not a starfleet officer.

*gets possessed by spacehebrew ghost*

Every time I see this fucker he looks like a game character.
He doesn't look real. It's fucking weird.

CO == Commanding Officer (the captain)
XO == Executive Officer (the first officer)

STD in general looks like a video game. But yeah that pic looks annoyingly fake.

Does tv think anything is good? Besides driver and fight club?

(You)

We about 50/50 in the IT topic.

I'm sorry, he just went from being Joel Fleishmann in space to being a less whiny Joel Fleishmann in space.

Why were the Klingons enemies of the federation again after TNG, was that explained?

And how does a warrior race who is always fighting itself develop wsrp and closing technology?

Why couldn't data, Geordie or 7of 9 create a cloaking divice?
Or did they? The defiant has one right?

Oh I thought when they said they loved it it was only for attention.

Nah, some people objectively have bad taste.

*Warp and cloaking technology.

Actually any science at all.

enterprise explained this. the warrior caste only recently came into power. there are klingon scientists and such.

What is the most Lovecraftian episode of ST?

What's the name of the one with Lore and the Crystal thing?

That one.

That doesn't make sense.

>the lawyer caste only recently came into power.

Ftfy.

watch the episode "judgement"

The episode where Data named his cat Niggerman.

they had Klingon scientists in TOS and TNG, why do people keep asking where they are

you just saw them less because unlike Starfleet which is primarily a SCIENTIFIC organization they don't go around

I rest my case.

>Jew captain
Oh right, Jews own Star Trek now.
Poor Roddenberry must be spinning in his grave.
He was no fan of the Jews.

TOS has a Jewish CO and Jewish XO.

giv mommy gf

Like who? Who in TNG was a kligon scientist.
Alexander's mother?

I guess Torres in Voyager counts as one.

I thought their whole race was based on being warriors and having honor and stovacore and kayless.

I thought her name was gates McFadden. And they don't even have counselor Troy on there.

Why was she seated there like third in command anyways?

>Levar
>the new spock

Kurak
That scientist spy guy
And the monks that cloned Kahless

They were enemies after TNG because Gowron wanted to make the empire great again.

Yeah but that technology was already available. They didn't create anything new. They cloned someone which was simple in those days. They are more like doctors than scientist.

Memory implantation is not simple.

they cloned him from genetic material that was so old it couldn't even be possible
it's pretty impressive

Beverly and an EMH could do it I bet.

But Bashirsodes are nice and when garak is involved it becomes max comfy.
Hopefully there will be another episode like Our Man Bashir, I liked holodeck episodes already but this one was 10/10 for me especially with all the james bond references.

man i have shit memory and even i remember this stuff. the federation is not allowed to have cloaking technology, they signed a deal with the klingons/romulans or both that forbids them from trying to develop cloaking technology.

theres one episode in tng where some starfleet officers try to bypass this by creating phaseshift technology that just allows their ships to pass through anything/immune to incoming fire. its what the last episode of ENT is about with riker trying to make a decision.

This, he thought conquering cardassia was a good idea and the feds thought that afterwards the klingons would go after them so they cockblocked them.

Sisko as the villain and Mr Potato as The Falcon was pretty based I must admit.

And Garak will forever be best boy.

The episode again proved that kira is best girl.

>Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig >Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel >Karim El Mahdi

Holy shit

I was partial to jadzia myself.

Wouldn't say no to either though.

Ezri a shit.

She is actually starting to grow on me now but I'm at season 4 so I don't know when the change of actress will happen.