It's a "writer can't into grade school biology" episode

It's a "writer can't into grade school biology" episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ngXzqMzLVR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this physically hurt me

Will Teen Titans comics be not shit ever again?

>Teen Titans
>shit
Good story, good characters, good art. What the fuck do you want more.

>taking it literally
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

Writer?
Or Eugenic Frankenstein 13 year old?

I love the idea of Damian sucking dick at basic school subjects, because Batman grew into this whole "I know everything at an academic level" character.
>Damian reads the instructions for making instant ramen because Alfred isn't there to make him dinner
>"Boil water...What am I? A chemist? >tt

If Damian is not supposed to be ignorant, then the writer really is ignorant.

>dat reading comprehension
If you drop the textbox with the EXPLICIT MENTION OF HOW GENETICS DON'T FUCKING WORK ... then sure.

Saying a bat "chose to fly" or whatever is poetic imagery; saying "genes don't simply change" is not grasping basic biology (random mutation is literally the cornerstone of evolutionary change).

TL;DR: go home, Percy. You're drunk.

>Good story
Hahahahaha!

You know that's my biggest gripe with comics.

A bunch of dudes who know little writing men who are super geniuses. Sometimes they drop the ball hard or certain super powers and you end up just going "wut".

I remember there was a Marvel Super Villan with the power to "Speed up Evolution" so animals had humanoid forms. He failed to realize Evolution doesn't work towards a goal, nor is there a such thing as "lesser evolved" or "less evolved than" in Evolution. That's not how it works.

Just comics? Whenever average people try to write smart characters it ends up being terrible 9 out of 10 times.

Well I really never paid attention to much outside of comics. Im certain it;s the same with other forms of fiction.

It usually ends in vague descriptions. Like a character explaining, "I use this device to speed up the molecules in liquid, there by turning it into gas". They don't tell you how they do it and don't go far into the sciences of it, which is probably for the best.

The High Evolutionary just liked making his housepets/farm animals/whatever he could find into his waifus, is that so wrong?!

it's a book for teens, it's just supposed to sound cool

>a Marvel Super Villan with the power to "Speed up Evolution"
To be fair: while this is idiotic it's also very VERY common. I remember watching marathon of old black and white episodes of Outer Limits (or maybe Science Fiction Theater) on SciFi Channel (waaay before it was Syfy) and they had one where some dude did more or less the same thing to himself ... so he got taller and weaker and his head got bigger (because clearly we're just following a predestined course and will all be super geniuses who have powerful minds and weak bodies due to having psychic powers and not needing brawn). And, predictably, he ended up getting "devolved" into a Neanderthal (which also wouldn't work EVEN if Evolution did work like a sliding scale ... because that was another branch not a point along the way).

I remember it standing out from the other eps because while they were all 50s/60s golden age science fiction tropes ... that's just not at all how that works.

click this spoiler to have your jimmies rustled

shit, i forgot to spoil it. oh well

Fucking YES! Try explaining this to your old parents complaining that Dolphins are one day going to just get out of water and kill us. For what purpose does something need to grow hands and feet when it already fills the niche it needs to survive.

No this is Percy we're talking about here, senpai.

In Green Arrow's first arc he had Evil International Bankers called "The Ninth Circle.”

As in "Ninth Circle of Hell."

In Dante's Inferno.

Their members are called The Burned. Because Hell. And they carry
flamethrowers. Because burned.

They're created by the Evil International Bankers by taking homeless people and
LITERALLY SKINNING THEM ALIVE.

This is done on a floating base in the ocean called ... The Inferno.

Percy is about a subtle as a jackhammer enema.

>be smartest man on Earth
>still be stupid

it was kinda badass though

>Well I really never paid attention to much outside of comics. Im certain it;s the same with other forms of fiction.
Most tv shows that feature a hypercompetent cast member often resort to just having the rest of the cast act like fucking morons.

As an example: in one of the early seasons of The Mentalist I remember he swaggered onto a crime scene and explained to the cops how they could follow a trail of ants that would lead them to the body and I just couldn't keep watching it. How the bloody fuck would police detectives and CSI need some asshole to explain something THAT FUCKING BASIC?

Likewise the first episode of the McGiver reboot had an Encrypted Laptop that a Hacker and Mined with Logic Bombs ... so the hackergirl took a literal hammer to the case and handed the drive to the tech dude (understand, she didn't just break the CASE, which would have been mindless enough, she broke harddrives CASING as well ... exposing the actual platters) and his reaction was: "Oh! Right! Just bypass the encryption!"

JUST!

jason is gay

tim you sucks

>As in "Ninth Circle of Hell."
>In Dante's Inferno.
It's even funnier if you know that the Ninth Circle (Treachery) is ... frozen.

He's right though, Damian never had proper education beyond what he needed for his task.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Voyager

Damien will never stop being shit.
When will desperate Damien fags realize this?

tim sucks .and is dead:-O

Nope. this is wrong. He got teachers and was trained both in fighting and more scholastic things

tim pls you are dead:-D

Timfags.

Tim will never stop being shit.

Centuries of plentiful bio-diversities (including elephants with teeth at the end of their trunks and large sabertooth cats) and some how this piece of shit still managed to pop out of all of it unharmed.

Every time I see a platypus I think of how it looks like it'd be in a biology book as an ancient extinct species.

The platypus is evidence of a lost Aborigine super-civilization that embraced genetic engineering too fully and collapsed back into lithic primitivism.

A venomous mammal that lays eggs? Clearly someone designed that.

>Damian never had proper education
Dude ... he named his fucking dog after Titus Andronicus, ffs!

Isn't just that Damian being edgy?

>The platypus is evidence of a lost Aborigine super-civilization that embraced genetic engineering too fully and collapsed back into lithic primitivism.

That literally makes too much sense.

It even explains why abbos are so clearly sub-human, their attempts to evolve themselves backfired.

You're all faggots; all Robins are superior to Damien.
Damien is one of the most poorly written, convoluted and shitty characters ever created in the entire medium.
Your only possible defense for the character is if you're an edgy sperg, spiteful contrarian or are troll, baiting into this sort of response.
In any case, eat Joker's ass.

>Isn't just that Damian being edgy?
He's monologuing in the rain about the evolution of a Bat so... Yeah.

>It even explains why abbos are so clearly sub-human, their attempts to evolve themselves backfired.

>their attempts to evolve themselves backfired.

And it all comes home.

Tim sucks;:-D

ur mum sucks m8
get fukn shredded m8

Don't feed Damianfag.. They'll be banned again soon anyway.

Tim is dead thank god.

Sounds like we've found Jason Aaron a playdate!

Tim Drake's Life Sucks

Ding…ding…ding…
OP is Timfag.

- Seriously... Tim Drake fanboys are the absolute WO -

>smartest man
>when it's clearly stated he's only the smartest kid

stop your bullshit powerwankery

*waits for Tim Drake fanboy retaliation*

Yes Drake , fanboys are actually this ignorant, stupid and absolutely toxic.

Tim Drake: Editorial's favorite or red-headed Step-child?The problem with Tim Drake is that he's a hard sell to new readers. People who grew up with him as their Robin have plenty of reason to love him, but it's harder to establish him to a new audience with a single issue. Dick will always be the first Robin; he's the one that most people are familiar with, he's the ace and the heart of the Batfamily, and he's a swashbuckling bachelor. Jason is the dark and edgy Robin who died came back to life, and uses guns. Damian is THE Robin, and he's a little brat with a heart of gold. Tim, unfortunately, is a harder sell without his Robin mantle. He's a lot like Kyle Rayner in that way.

You summed it up really great the reason why I always disliked Tim was because everytime DC pushed him it felt forced to me. He's in a weird spot. Dick is the first Robin, Jason is the one who died, Damian is Batman's son, and Tim is... Just a nice kid. Nothing about him is very distinctive. Someone needs to figure out what makes him stand out from the others or just set him off on his own and potentially change the character entirely.

Don't bully muh HE :(
Besides that's been his shtick since Kirby created him way back in the 60s, allow some lenience.

He should be the YJ robin, but New52/Lobdell kinda ruined that.

Also, the Marvel Universe works by very different physical laws to our own. Evolution might as well have a humanoid end goal there, since the Celestials are humanoid and had a hand in just about every sapient races' development. Plus there are all sorts of cosmic/mystic factors to consider on top of that. The last survivor of the previous universe is humanoid, the inhabitants of abstract dimensions parallel to our own are humanoid, the being representing THE TOTALITY OF EXISTENCE is fucking humanoid. As are the guys above even him. Evolution sure as shit has an end goal in the What Ifs; it's so trippy that I have the folder saved under "Thus Spake Zarathustra".
...Come to think of it OP's gripe can probably be explained away to, given enough DC Universe know-how.

>No proper fetish art with Damian
bullshiiiiiiit

>I have the folder saved under "Thus Spake Zarathustra".

Please... share.

>He failed to realize Evolution doesn't work towards a goal, nor is there a such thing as "lesser evolved" or "less evolved than" in Evolution. That's not how it works.

What does any of this mean?

I wish I had the page, but in Johns' Amazo virus arc in JL, he had a "writer can't into 20th century history" episode.
Lex Luthor was speechifying about how diseases are the "silent killer" of mankind that have changed the course of history countless times. One of the examples he gave was that Generalissimo Francisco Franco took power in Spain by taking advantage of a power vacuum created by the Spanish royal family dying to hemophilia. How can you get something so wrong?

>What does any of this mean?
Evolution isn't catered to us, meaning it's not working to make things like us or anything of the sort. We aren't the end all be all of evolution, we're an insignificant product of it.

People tend to think evolution aims at certain changes, when in actuality, these changes just happen due to various environmental factors as well as genetics etc etc. It's not all perfectly mapped out for every species.

With the "lesser evolved", people tend to think we come from things that are less than ourselves when the concept of "lesser evolved" doesn't exist in evolution. Everything is appropriately evolved. You're not "more evolved than" a garden snail. Shit just doesn't stop evolving and there is no hierarchy.

Because things don't just evolve to get "better." They become more suited to their environment and able to breed. That's it. As long as you live long enough to breed, you're succeeding evolutionarily.

>Tfw I'm an evolutionary failure because I'll never breed

Don't feel too bad, user. Non-breeding members of society (people without sex drive, homosexuals, individuals castrated by accident or disease, comic book readers) still play into evolutionary biology. Just as the individual worker ants in a colony don't breed but still contribute to the success of the whole, non-breeding people still work, contribute, and care for other members of society - not to mention generating ideas.

Believe it or not, it's appropriate that you posted a meme with what you posted. This is actually where the term "meme" comes from. It's a term for the things passed on from person to person, not by biology, but through knowledge and custom.

You are a part of the whole. Your memes will survive you.

>Good story
Oh you...

youtube.com/watch?v=ngXzqMzLVR0

Oh man, here we goooooo.

Should probably have prefaced: the What If in question is "What if the Avengers lost the Evolutionary War?". i.e. High Evolutionary wins, sets off his Evolvotron 5000© and pulls off his magnum opus. Everyone got bumped a step up the ladder (flatscans -> superhumans, superhumans -> "Godlike Ones").
Also I was mistaken. The folder was named [Also Sprach Zarathustra intensifies].

Here's a bonus by Mark "The Absolute Madman" Gruenwald.

Looking kind of jaggedy there, Ben.

He had supes-scabies for a while.

>Damian is THE Robin
He's not going to be Robin forever, user.

Only Jason and Dick are in good place and manged to find their footing. Tim and Damian on the other hand have some serious problems. Tim has yet to find his own separate identity and the writers do the same thing with Damian over and over again. Not to mention that being Batman's son will only can take him so far and once he loses the Robin mantle, he will be in even worse place than Tim.

Damian has no reason to understand any of that shit though.

Him being a little edgelord about it is an entirely different problem.

>Damian is THE Robin
>this delusion
I don't even dislike him but come on

His grandfather is obsessed with breeding and genetics.

>Damian has no reason to understand any of that shit though.
Him being super educated is kind of his backstory though, isn't there a story where he chews out Wayne executives and mentions he has an economics degree?

It's like Aaron writing his OC.

Yes, he also had dozen of teachers teaching him different stuff

Finally someone said it!

Damian has been pushed as hard as Tim back in the days, but he wasn't able to take off like him. So yeah, he's not really in better place than Tim and could end up in really bad situation in the future.

When Dick grew up DC took the most influential character in his life (outside Batman) to build his new identity around. They did the same thing with Jason, in a way.
Tim never got that. DC tried to make you forget that Tim and Blue Beetle were close the second Dixon left the series, and Ted died and Tim became that shitty Batman Jr. character and when he really needed to gtfo they pulled one of Dick's Alex Ross costume out of storage for him.

Damian has a really obvious character direction once they want him to stop being Robin. He finds a way to reconcile both parts of his heritage and becomes Ibn Al Xu'ffach, working w/ or running the League of Assassins. That would be a fucking amazing book.

>Ibn Al Xu'ffach, working w/ or running the League of Assassins
Make him a villain? Yeah DC will never do that, and that's if they find a way to age him to adulthood without Bruce visibly ageing.

Not a traditional superhero, but not a villain.
The LoA has been around for millennia, it's a force of nature. A decent writer could build a story where Damian is compelled to take over the League and reform it, like Sunspot and A.I.M.

Well, in order for a writer to do that he needs to make the LoA not a villains and ages up Bruce and the Robins which something I don't think DC will agree to do.

>It's a "magic calculus" episode

Yeah those aren't real complaints or barriers to a decent story. Point is, Damian was created with an alternate path already set up for him and has no imagination. Alternately, DC spent like 13 years making Tim the worst Robin then got shocked when they couldn't figure out what to do with him and now they don't know what to do w/ him.

Fuck off, he already ruined the batfamily forever we don't need him ruining the LoA too

Fucking Lamarck...

Timfag pls.

Why Tim Drake's popularity has fallen significantly over the past ...his fanboys., Damian as Robin is a huge hit.NowTim's one of many ex-Robins, and they all have stronger personalities than he does, they're all currently better written, and they all don't have a bunch of fans still upset about what the character used to be. In 5 years he went from DC's top priority as far as Batman's supporting characters to number 5, on a good day.