Help me Sup Forums you are my only hope

help me pick out the best comics of the year.

Lumberjanes.

none of those ew

Out of those? Monstress I guess.

like 90% of those are shit but if i were to pick one i'd say saga

those are the only options
could you give reasons? from this list I only read saga and paper girls. I wish tomboy was on it

Out of the ones I have read. Gosts and Paper Girls are good.

>Even a medium as niche as comics is not immune to "lol that's not mainstream who cares" syndrome
Why

Vision is hands down the best comic this year, from that list paper girls first issue was pretty good

Vision made it to semi-finals, I was pretty hopeful it'd go the distance. But here we are.

>any of those books
>good
wew

>trusting goodreads
>ever

Go and look at the reviews of one of your favorite comics and guaranteed there are a lot of people rating it 1 star because it's sexist/racist/homophobic/not fun/confusing.

ghosts, paper girls and dark knight a true batman story are the best of the bunch

Dark Night is amazing. Fuck this board

Paper Girls yo

Is it the best graphic novel of the entire year? No.

Is it one of the 10 best graphic novels of the entire year? No.

Is it one of the 100 best graphic novels of the entire year? Maybe.

Among those? Probably Dark Knight or Monstress. Of the ones there that I've read, most are "good" but I really wouldn't consider any of them "best of the year."

Of those? Paper Girls or Black Panther. (Be a hero, write in Vision)

Is that Dini Batthing any good?

>Is that Dini Batthing any good?
Yes. Definitely not "Best of 2016" but it's well worth reading.

Using Goodreads for comics just feels wrong

D
O
N
K
E
Y

Has ghosts been ripped yet?

Those Image and Marvel ones seem completely out of place in a comic of the year poll. Especially, a shitty Black Panther series and a Bendis'd Ms Marvel. Personally, found Monstress boring, but I'm not into fantasy anyway. Papergirls is very good, but not great.

How does it compare to the rest of the books in that list?

None of them belong. The very existence of this list is an embarrassment. We'd all be better off if everyone simply stopped replying to this thread and we just let it 404.

Paper Girls is incredible.

Monstress is really good.

Ms Marvel used to be good but I hear Civil War fucked it up, and I haven't read it recently.

Lumberjanes is diabolical.

Haven't read the rest.

The only good one there is Monstress.

Well if those are the only choices, then definitely Dark Night.

It's certainly the best of the options listed.

>Good comics are the ones that appeal to tween (wo)manchildren

I never thought I'd say it, but there are definitely positive sides to growing old. One of them is not belonging to this social group anymore.

yeah the list is terrible, like why would adulthood by sarah andersen even be considered? shes popular with facebook masses and holds no substance outside of "im quirky, im relateable, anxiety is hard but not so bad so that no one else cant relate to it"

I've seen some of those comics. I like them. But they're not great comics. It just appeals to twentysomething adults who feel young. That's it. That's literally in the title of it, too.

>claiming Dini's book is bad

Yep, Sup Forums posters spotted

>Not loving anything with Batman on it is a sign of Sup Forums
I think you have it backwards friend.

>muh superheroes are ART, best comic of the year
Go back to insisting that BvS is pure kino on your containment board, Sup Forums.

>It has Batman on it, that's all it does

Yep, casual from Sup Forums outing himself.

No one else brought up BvS. I think you really are from Sup Forums and started all those BvS is Kino threads.

WTF is the new Black Panther doing up there? It sucked ass.

i really think only lumberjanes fits that, though i have no idea what ghosts or orange is

No one else brought up Sup Forums before you, Sup Forums.

But Dark Night is not a superhero story.

Most of those are dogshit.
I'm so sick and tired of Saga being there. It's been dogshit boring for years now.

Paul Dini and Risso did a great job with Dark Night. That gets my vote.

Ghosts is by Raina Telgemeier, the #1 best-selling comic author in the market today.

Of course Sup Forums has no idea who she is or what her comics are. Sup Forums doesn't know anything outside our own tiny little bubble of comicdom.

He's from Sup Forums, he never read it so he'll pretend he did and claim BvS is kino.

Then you didn't read it either. Paul Dini is a superhero.

Wait a minute, aren't you from Sup Forums.

A grand misconception. Sup Forums is my mainboard and I chose a Mara trip because I thought she'd make a great Shining Knight.

Everyone thinks it tho, so it's cool.

Black Panther started out good, but it quickly became the most boring fucking comic ever. And it's not even because of it being less action-oriented, almost nothing fucking happens besides the lesbo Predator rip-offs murdering some dudes every once in a while.

Vision managed to be the most engaging and interesting comic Marvel has published this year while mostly taking place in a small house and having only one fight scene.

Dark Night was the worst piece shit i've read this year by far. Risso was good as he always is, but i no longer have any kind of respect towards Paul Dini after reading his manchild misfortunes.

Well, it's the only reason you read it. The only reason anyone could think that book is anything special is if 90% of what they read is big two.

>manchild misfortunes

Getting nearly beaten to death and going through lengthy physical and mental recovery are "manchild misfortunes?"

He got robbed and acted like a fat pussy for like a month or two. That's it. The story wasn't neither intelligent or interesting and there were too many flashy characters all around to take his drama seriously.

It's Orange.

I wish goodreads worked better in general.

Most every recommendation I get from the site based on what I read is very tenuous at best.

>We noticed you read something with a vampire in it, have you tried twilight?

Sup Forums can't have Saga discussions anymore because it's too popular and everything just devolves into SJWS REEEEE

So has anyone read Paper Girls?

>We noticed you read sherlock holmes, might we recommend BOOK 18 OF SOME VICTORIAN ROMANCE SERIES?

Orange

Where the fuck is Flintstones