Americans annex Polynesian islands and decimate their way of life

>Americans annex Polynesian islands and decimate their way of life
>now make Disney movies celebrating said decimated culture

Are we living in a literal cosmic dark comedy?

You don't live there, you have no idea

You realize this now? Pocahontas came out 20 years ago.

>>Americans annex Polynesian islands and decimate their way of life
For some reason I doubt that the people making Moana had anything to do with that.

>Are we living in a literal cosmic dark comedy?

I had this feeling for a couple of years now, it seems everything is absurd and ironic and against me and the natural order.

The world has literally always been a cosmic dark comedy. There is nothing particularly new or notable about this.

>Americans annex Polynesian islands

You're forgetting the British, German, Dutch, French, Spanish (not on the map but held the Philippines & Guam until the Spanish American War) & Japanese. Annexing land was what you did as a great power in the late 19th & early 20th century.

>America grabs Texas and Hawaii by flooding them with immigrants and having said immigrants stage a coup/revolt.
>100 years later Mexicans are in place to do the same to California
It's the circle of life!

Values and morals change over time, mang. People thought that shit was A-okay back then, but now they think "Ayo that shit was mean af forreal, let's make those niggas a fuckin movie and put and a dank fuckin crab in it" and then all was well.

Shut up E;R

All white people are complicit in Western crimes.

oh, okay

When do we start locking them up?

when will this meme end

Does this imply that all Asian people are complicit in Eastern crimes? Because there was that whole "Rape of Nanking" thing a while back that I don't think people have gotten over. Oh, and also that whole "Pearl Harbor Bombing" too.

As soon as Hillary gets elected.

As soon as Trump gets elected.

So Nanking is now China's fault, too?

You know the election's over right bud?

Here's the thing, though: Nobody gives a fuck about Polynesian culture in the same way nobody gives a fuck about Sámi culture.

Shouldn't have had people that were so rapable.

>guilty of all the crimes, but I still don't get a slave

worst possible world.

No it isn't. The popular vote is over, but the populace doesn't actually elect the president. The election isn't technically over until the electors cast their votes.

We already know how they'll vote because of which states ended up red or blue, but they haven't actually voted yet.

Don't forget

Not really true. Polynesian culture is at least somewhat mainstream and glamorized. Barely anyone knows who Sámi even are.

I don't think anyone knows anything about Polynesian culture other than The Rock's tattoos, man.

That's been the case for quite a long time. Humans have a wonderful sense of irony.

Oooh sweetie.
Your bait is stale and weak. You'll have to try a lot harder.

>Annex islands
>Islanders benefit from rule of law, economic stability, and military defense

What can I say except "your welcome"?

Not baiting, just being a pedant. I'm not one of those idiots who's desperately hoping the electors decide to vote Hillary instead to stop Trump's Reich, or whatever-the-fuck.

>Hoping that 30-some electors go against the people's wishes and vote for a corporatist criminal
Be careful what you wish for, dude. Doesn't matter anyway, because it's not gonna fucking happen.

That's a sexy face she's making

>she sees your fish hook

Dude is this the first time you've paid any attention to American culture

>guilt by association
(You)

It's only dark comedy if you're trapped in the notion the culture has inherent worth.

It doesn't. It never has.
A culture is only as strong as what it accomplishes. And when compared to American/western culture, the polynesian culture is ultimately just a fascination of what once was and what could have been.

In the end, the real comedy is that Disney is exploring cultures that have had minimal impact to what the world has become today. Because Disney has run out of tales to cover, and is digging up less and less relevant stories to keep up.

Beautiful film though. Loved it.

Let me guess, you suck islam's cock despite them doing all the shit you accuse white people of? (Slavery, Paedophilia, Homophobia, rape, genocide...)

Nobody knows a great deal about any culture not their own save for superficial qualities. But having at least that much be common knowledge puts polynesian culture above sami in public awareness