What went right?

What went right?

The trailer. Rorschach. The opening sequence.

What would happen if based Zack became president?

The costumes, soundtrack, action, overall imagery.

Might I even say, the perfect Dr. Manhattan.

Costume design was spot on.

Also, the movie works a lot better if you watch the complete version with the animated Pirate segments interlaced in.

The Opening Credits

Socialized gyms.

everything

Rorschach, The Comedian, the opening credits.

They got someone with some semblance of care for comics

Casting and that's about it

This and the ending was better as well.

>Inb4 "MUH SQUID"

Costume design, imagery, great opening sequence, Dr.Manhattan and The Comedian were handled perfectly imo.

It's just a shame they had to change or throw away a lot of the characterization from other characters, Silk Spectre and Ozymandias come to mind off the bat. Also a lot of the music choices were a little TOO spot on, but it's Zack Snyder, I doubt the man can even spell subtle.

The entire thing. Director's commentary was great too.

This

AND Dr Manhattan

I still think they did pretty much the best job you could possibly do in condensing Watchmen down to a 2 hour movie.
You don't have enough time, and this isn't the right medium, to explore the subtleties that made the comic GOAT. But they made all the iconic scenes look good on film, the casting choices were great, costumes were spectacular, they did great.
This movie is every bit as good as Dredd but gets shellacked because the source material is more revered.

I went right to sleep

Eventually it was over.

>They made watchmen without the slimy squid
but why?.

what was wrong with the squid?.

user have you seen the squid? It's like something out of a comic book. No one goes to the cinema to see that.

Replacing Vagina Brain was a vast improvement.

Uniting everyone against Dr. Manhattan was much more conherent than uniting everyone against an unknown alien threat, and tied up more loose ends for his motivation to leave.

Everything.
It is the best cape film, bar none.
I have no reverence for the source material, either. You really do need to make Nixon president forever, though, in order to make 1985 any worse than it actually was.

I thought Donner's Superman and BvS were better but Watchmen is up there.

except having an identified enemy wouldn't work. the world would blame the US for creating him and we'd be at war all over again in no time.
the alien ruse was meant to unite humanity through a common, non earth enemy
it wouldn't accomplish what Ozy intended at all

>he world would blame the US for creating him and we'd be at war all over again in no time.
But New York's destruction demonstrated that the US no longer had control over Manhattan and that he was autonomous.

It's still unites against a singular entity, regardless of how much the US is blamed.
Plus, the US government didn't mean to create manhattan to begin with.

Russia isn't going to care if NYC gets bombed to.