Just rewatched this, and it honestly gets better and better

Just rewatched this, and it honestly gets better and better.

I thought you guys were memeing with the analysis stuff but i noticed them all.

i'm not joking here. This film is the pinnacle of the genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_shielding
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give some fresh examples or Fuck off

Why doesn't he levitate quickly to the room? Why the pretentious walk?

Welcome to your time the sun, bro.

Fuck off with this shit, Jesus

same reason why doesn't he fly through the room and smash the ground as he lands

Flying would be pretentious, it would be like some unneccessary display of power

Walking is humble

>Just rewatched this, and it honestly gets better and better

hey why isn't superman able to detect the bomb with his super senses that are so powerful in the first movie that they're debilitating to a young clark, and so powerful in this movie that he's able to hear lois in trouble when she's in some shithole african warlord torn country.
when lois is in the african shithole and people get fucking killed because they got caught, why wasn't superman able to save any of them besides lois. if he can hear lois in trouble surely he can hear the crew getting caught in the first place and spring into action.
why doesn't superman seem to express any guilt or sadness at the people who die as a direct result of his actions, but he screams like a little baby when he kills zod in the first movie.
why does superman have no characterization over the course of two movies beyond other people telling him how great he's going to be. why does it feel like superman has no agency or choice of his own.
if superman can fly from america to africa in like 30 seconds, why can't he just use his super hearing displayed earlier in the movie when saving lois to locate his mom, fly to her instantaneously and save her. couldn't he use his super hearing to detect where the specific guy holding her hostage is and then just use his laser eyes to fucking cut his head off of his shoulders. surely this is less risky than sending batman in there to deal with them in a very loud action sequence where the guy with the flamethrower could easily just fucking melt superman's mom at any moment and it's not like this superman has any qualms about killing people.
why is batman ok with murdering random goons but the joker and harley quinn are still alive even though they apparently killed robin. why isn't batman's top priority to hunt them down and murder them like wild animals. it's not like the joker has ever exactly been subtle.
how does lois know doomsday is made of kryptonian dna.
why did batman make a kryptonite spear besides the obvious lance of longinus imagery.

>hey why isn't superman able to detect the bomb with his super senses
As it says in the movie, it was encased in lead which he cannot see through. Didn't read the rest because you are clearly retarded.

>why did batman make a kryptonite spear besides the obvious lance of longinus imagery.

Just got time for this one. Pic related. Bruce made the spear because he was unconsciously sabotaging his own vendetta. He knew Superman was a good guy and that he was fucked in the head for pursuing a vendetta against him.

Basically, he prep-timed himself into a head-on confrontation with his own obsession with vengeance.

Welcome, brother.

Fuck off to 9gag with your shitty picture.

Holy shit you must have the attention span of a gold fish

does superman not wearing his outside underpants count as going commando?

It does for me. I exclusively wear my underpants on the outside.

Pure kino, OP. I watched it again recently. Went from having the hardest boner watching bats kick the shit out of 20 guys, to almost crying watching supes sacrifice himself for humanity...

The Avengers and anything Marvel makes is better than boring DC movies. Marvel movies are actually funny too.

Jesus fucking christ, it's just like the Jonah Hill thing, just let it go, the movie is rancid shit, move on.

>not wearing underwear over your skeleton but under the muscle fiber
Look at this faggot

why can't he see through lead. how does lex luthor know that superman can't see or hear through lead. was it just a really lucky guess? considering how secretive this superman is with the extent of his power and how he doesn't want people watching him, you'd think there wouldn't be any records of that kind of limitation and you'd think lex luthor wouldn't have access to such records. he's keeping an eye on the other superheroes in that painful mid-movie trailer for the justice league, but are those all his cameras? did he receive intel on aqua man and decide to set up a camera under the ocean? even then aqua man didn't display any extent of his power besides the fact that he can breathe underwater.
no i meant in a combat context. like why wouldn't he make a weapon with better range? i know thrown spears were used a lot in history, but batman only has the one spear and then just some gas. i mean superman can fucking fly and batman knows this, with all that kryptonite from the one spear he could have made like 10 kryptonite batarangs which we know he's skilled with. or maybe a kryptonite bolas to weaken and incapacitate superman at the same time. batman was trained by an order of elite ninjas and all he could come up with is the weapon that's famous for being the easiest to master and train with in history? and if what you say is anything to go by, you mean he gimped himself on purpose because he knew what he was doing was wrong? so he wanted to lose? then why did he give it his all to the point where he absolutely would have killed superman if not for the martha thing? that don't make no sense.
i mean you didn't refute anything. at least i have the attention span to type out a response against it, you didn't even bother with that much against my post.

The shawarma scene cracked me up

>Marvel movies are actually funny too.

Guess how I know you're either underage or retarded? Potentially both.

so that's why he flew to the steps of the capital.

Give me one reason Marvel movies are bad without using the word "Reddit."

Hell, give me one reason why Reddit is bad. I bet you can't.

This is a Sup Forums meme right...? Nobody really likes this movie.

They are funny if you have a sense of humor. The fact that they can joke and make it lighthearted while New York is being invaded shows what a great job Whedon did in the script.

>not having a tiny pair of undercrackers just for your balls
lol

>how does lex luthor know that superman can't see or hear through lead
He has access to the spaceship where he learns everything about superman

Lick my hairless ass hole, faggot.

For me, it's not so much that they're bad as it is that they're incredibly safe and formulaic. The characters are all plot-driven veneers of actual characters with no defining personalities of their own.

They're really starting to bollox up their own continuity too, strictly by virtue of not giving a shit about it.

they steal our memes

He didn't get access till after he started the plan to bomb the capital.

>The characters are all plot-driven veneers of actual characters with no defining personalities of their own.

This is a one hundred percent accurate and on point description of the DCEU as well.

You are starting to see the light. Let's hope people wake up before it's too late.

My duuuude

what memes have you done loser

Nah, he had it for pretty much the entirety of the film. His time in the ship is all backwards reveal.

He did have access. Right after the granny peach piss scene the other dude grants him access to Zod's body and the ship

>he thinks that I like marvel shit
Are you going to suck my ass or not?

I like how there was absolutely nothing to indicate this what so ever.

1/10

"Le MOS was good" meme is back on the menu boys

that scene happens before his meeting with sen. finch in his office. it's right after the first meeting at lexcorp.

his plan to bomb the capital goes back 18 months to intercepting tripod's disability checks.

Anyone have the version with the nice pasta/blurb with it?

I disagree. Bruce has a distinct pathology that he's fighting uphill against for most of the movie. Clark is avoiding a more proactive, public role out of guilt, and Lex is lying to and manipulating everyone he comes into contact with in a bid for more power and control. That's pretty much the polar opposite of plot-driven characterization. It grows out of both the past events in-universe and the core motivations of the characters themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

>this thread

Suppose he presumed his vision worked like other things he is familiar with. Possibly he tested his theory at some point in the past.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_shielding

all bruce and clark do is react to the plot elements thrown out by lex, who is himself nothing but a walking plot device

I'll agree. Despite it's faults, it's a decent movie.

Name one film that doesn't operate on the basis that characters are reacting to other characters. Hell it's the basis of our reality.

Also, I'd make the argument that the film is showing Lex reacting to Superman's coming.

Because flying indoors is rude. And it probably feels more natural for him having grown up without flying.

Sure there was - it's placement alongside the reveal of Bruce's wicked scar and Lex's wardrobe both mark it as such. So does the contrast in Lex's behavior between his intro scene and literally every other scene he has in the movie. He's acting like a basket case at least in part because he's become one, made one by the knowledge he's struggling to process from the ship.

He may or may not already be under Darkseid's influence just by virtue of having accessed that knowledge.

>why can't he see through lead
Because he has x-ray vision. X-rays can't pass through lead so he can't see through lead.

This is so fucking forced its unreal
>muh biblical imagery
>muh men and gods
>muh sacrifice

does Snyder ever make a film that isn't just rehashing ideas from his other films?

i think either way that seems really contrived. why would a list of kryptonian limitations and weaknesses be on zod's ship? especially considering he has this whole invasion plan, you'd think bringing that kind of knowledge with him when he knows he'll face opposition and resistance would be a really dumb idea. never mind that they're apparently in english since i guess we just so happened to speak the same language as kryptonians, boy that's convenient. i mean it's been a while since i've seen the movie, but i don't remember the kryptonians having some sort of universal automatic translator like in doctor who. this would be like if we invaded korea but left plans in our jets or aircraft carriers that let koreans know exactly where to launch nukes towards us that we'd be powerless to defend against, and wrote it all in korean.

Bruce too for that matter. They're part of the reaction that both Perry White and Pa Kent hinted at in Man of Steel.

It's hard to appreciate other capeshit once you fully grasp just how much weight BvS carries. Even Nolan's by all means decent TDK trilogy can't measure to what Snyder is telling. And it can't even be compared to the infantile MCU no matter how hard Disney tries to mimick it with their own Civil "War".

>forced
>rehash
>muh
If you want to come off as worthy of giving criticism, atleast post as if capable of criticizing the film. Now you're just operating on the same level as those liberal bloggers who whined that Snyder's imagery is "too fascist".

Damn, really looks like some of Sup Forums have really swallowed the shit pill on this one.

Remember kids, excessive meme intake leads to brain damage.

no, but I have this

That wasn't specifically Zod's ship. It was the scoutship that had been on Earth for somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 years, basically, an exploratory science vessel from Krypton's more enlightened past.

Potentially, Supergirl was on it.

This is hilarious, did you buy into this movies symbolism also?

Flying outside is just practical you dumbo
He's inside it's diferent

>literally can't stop talking in memespeak
>accuses others of doing it
You've lost your battle here. Maybe Reddit can still be fooled into hating this one. But last I checked even they seem to be more interested in BvS than whatever forgettable Marvels of last year. What ground will you have to stand on in just a few years?

It would be stupid for the ship to not contain all kryptonian knowledge. They can't just phone home for info they're missing. It's too far away and it blew up.

i think you're intentionally muddling the way plot and character driven are defined in order to act as if the DCEU is character driven.

The problem with BvS in particular is how literally everything that happens in the movie is a response to something lex did, but no one in the movie ever realizes this at any point. This doesn't make lex look like some brilliant mastermind, it makes everyone else look retarded. For if they did actually operate as if they were anything other than plot devices who are exactly as stupid as they need to be to not realize lex is responsible for literally everything, the entire plot would've fallen apart in the first few minutes, with lex trying to frame superman for shooting a bunch of people in africa and setting them on fire with flame throwers. Not to mention had the wayne enterprises employees not been sufficiently stupid to just chill out while watching building after building get 9/11'd by clark and zod's belligerent rampage, batman also would not have any arc in the movie at all.

But everyone suffers from plot required stupidity so lex can just "mastermind" away. Except lois, maybe, except she also, for some reason, feels she needs court-of-law level proof before telling superman that, hey, lex was behind literally everything.

He acts like a basketcase in his intro scene as well. He never once, in the entire run, comes off as anything other than a total spastic.

Are you just autistic or something?

Fuck no. If you want a great look at pretentious, navel-gazing "muh deep meaningful symbolism" in action, I suggest you check out "Mother!"

Disciples of the Lord of Kino laugh at such heavy-handed, ultimately pointless uses of allegory.

that seems even stupider and even more contrived. right after kryptonians invade they just so happen to find another kryptonian ship that's been there for millennia? and i still no not understand why even a kryptonian vessel of any kind would have any records or data that display their weaknesses and the limitations of their powers, but only when they're near the correct kind of sun since they don't work on krypton. it's like you're just asking for your planet to get destroyed oh.

Why do you keep spamming the same threads Rajesh?

It really isn't a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination (arguably one of the best capeshit), but you DCucks need to settle down with this kino meme

No, he demonstrably doesn't. He's still geeky, but he's also smooth-talking and persuasive. Compare that to the trembling, stuttering, verbal-stalling bundle of tics that "speechifies" at the charity gala later. None of that behavior appears in his intro scene.

Reminder, if someone can't understand that BvS is a story of the world reacting to and processing Superman, then they simply haven't gotten it. If they willingly ignore all that story of how people's perception of Superman are based on faith, media exposure, childhood and love, then they have no understanding of it.

It's even more impressive when you realize Snyder is on a meta level incorporating the criticism for MoS in his film and then rightfully debunks their half-made arguments. Bruce is the man who by the word of the media is convinced Superman is a destroyer. Of course we as an audience aren't meant to sympathize with Bruce. Yet it is exactly the image of Superman critics were trying to pull with MoS. The media in BvS isn't fake. It is our media.

>zuckerberg 2.0
>smooth-talking and persuasive

>shoving candy into people's mouths

... yea, you're autistic.

But everything Lex does is response to something Clark did. Why don't you start there instead?

I mean in Star Wars, the rebels only exist because of the Empire. It's such a weird argument to make. But I guess it's the one you need to rely one once you've depleted all your other ones.

They found Clark *because* of the scoutship, not the other way around.

>smooth-talking
i'm fucking sorry? the movie seems to be implying the exact opposite. remember when he's at that big gala, he goes up to make a speech and it's intensely awkward and uncomfortable for even the characters in the scene and he's just left up there sweating like an autist? lex was many things, poorly written, uncomfortable to watch, autistic, but smooth-talking he was not.

He was feeding a senator like one feeds a dog and the senator couldn't do shit about it. Its a classic power and lex was in full control

At this point it seems you really don't understand the definition of plot/character driven at all.

Clark reacted to plot (zod arriving). lex reacted to plot (clark v zod). clark reacts to plot (lex's everything).

Character driven implies the characters have some sort of agency of their own, some sort of underlying motivations and characterizations. All literally anyone does in the DCEU is react, and not intelligently.

genuine question: what was this dude getting from lex that made this exchange worth it?

You are autistic. You literally have zero understanding of how to appropriately act in a social situation. Lex was never suave or even remotely persuasive, but plot needed him to be, so everyone bent over backwards for him.

Now say something bad about a warner brothers product.

Oh wow, you capeshiters really are deluded.

The promise of a "silver bullet." The dude isn't biting when it comes to Superman, but the thought that there might be more beings like him already out there scared the everloving dogshit out of him. That's how Lex got him - paranoia.

>right after kryptonians invade they just so happen to find another kryptonian ship that's been there for millennia?
Zod "invades" because of the scout ships activation. He was wondering around space looking for any kryptonian survivor's

>and i still no not understand why even a kryptonian vessel of any kind would have any records or data that display their weaknesses and the limitations of their powers,
the kryptonian ship was operational thanks to jor-els crystal so it makes perfect sense it would know all tge details

But hold on here. It was Clark's actions that made Zod react. Clark's actions based on a will of discovery and truth. Do you realize again how your argument is based on part ignorance part lies?

Again ignoring the SW comparison of Luke going with Obi-Wan first after the Empire killed his family. Why was it not wrong there?

Isn't it just hilarious how DChads like, write actual posts about why the movie is good, whereas MCUcks just post reddit reaction images? Just get the fuck out of here, faggot. Don't reply to me.

So literally no reason what so ever. As there wasn't any proof at all of more meta-humans at that point.

Great writing!

not necessarily a smooth talker but everyone bent over backwards for lex because he was smarter than them he was literally playing everyone like a fiddle except the female senator who saw through his act

Pseuds reading into things that are completely non-existent is not even close to a reason why the movie is good.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here. As I don't watch these movies daily like WB requires its shills to do.

But isn't clark just wandering around doing secret hero stuff until lois is about to get fried by a kryptonian sentry in the, strangely active, scout ship?

>I thought you guys were memeing with the analysis stuff but i noticed them all.
Babby's first film analysis

Guess what, any piece of shit gets "deeper" when you rewatch it. Even if you're watching some garbage like Baywatch, you at most absorb 30% of the movie on the first watch.

>but everyone bent over backwards for lex because
the plot required it.

How's this?

If they're going to trust in a director's vision, then do it. Don't get cold feet at the last minute and cut and reshuffle their work with an eye on the bottom line. They shot themselves in the foot by not releasing the original 3-hour cut of BvS. It's by no means a flawless movie, but I love it, warts and all. Suicide Squad shouldn't have been rushed out so soon if it wasn't polished to the director's satisfaction and it oh so clearly wasn't. Wonder Woman was a decent enough movie as cape films go, but it's just a little bit too close to the "esteemed competition" for comfort as far as I'm concerned.