Can Johns save the DCEU?

Can Johns save the DCEU?

No.

Not unless he can find a director for Flash before January

The Cinematic DCU? No.

He will direct it himself

He will cast himself as Hal Jordan in the JL movie.

>before January
That when they're scheduled to start filming?

Opening credits by Alex Ross.

I'm not sure, but he's gonna try.

Oh, christ no. He has 0 filmmaking experience of any worth and they're throwing him right into the deep end. "Producing" the way he did on Green Lantern? Sure. Plenty of experienced hands around, he's just an ideas guy. Maybe he can't get his ideas across well enough to save that movie, but he'll learn.

Actual producing? That's finance. What finance qualifications or experience does he have? He writes comic books. So out of the window goes any concept of budget responsibility.

Writing for the screen? Not like writing comic books. Again, you need to understand budgets. It's not good enough that you know there is one and you have ideas - especially if you're wearing more than one hat on the production. If he's writing and producing a movie, he gets to say which of his ideas they try and make. I mean, Affleck has some experience as a producer - one of his oscars was shared for that, even though really that's the whole crews' award and the producers just collect it - and is also writing, but if anything that's just going to cause fights and set back production. Which is not good, because the longer you set it back, the longer it takes to make money - meaning if people factored it into, say, 2019's projections and it's not there, it throws 2019 out, 2020, 2021... nobody's going to like that.

I keep expecting them to just go apeshit and announce him a directing gig too. Christ, Green Lantern Reboot featuring Stargirl, written, directed, and produced by Geoff "Cereal" Johns. Imagine.

The DCEU doesn't need saving. It's already top quality.

Grant Morrison recast as Lex Luthor.

Yep.

The Batman movie should be set in the past, imo.

Batman and Robin having adventures would be pretty great, especially if they use the non-edgy version of Jason Todd.

They should honestly just skip the way Robin died and keep it to the imagination or allude to it. I don't feel like dealing with that again.

Could be better

You cannot save something which was doomed from the start

t. shill

I'm sure it was doomed before the movies came out because of your efforts.

Heh, I wish.

WB won't let him.

He's not even that good of a comic book writer. Let alone anything else

Is there any conceivable way for Justice League to be not shit?

Lex needs to be understandable, though.

fok u mate

>Clark, eat a Snickers.
>You act dead when you're hungry.

Johns is just a figurehead. He's a consultant, but let's be real, they'll only listen to him whenever they feel like it.

If it gets new director, writer, and producers.

Hell no. Guy is hot or miss AT BEST with his writing. Unless you want plot points being dropped left and right. They could have a cinematic think tank working on the DCEU and it wouldn't matter, because the foundation on which it was built is sadly shit

As if that will matter. Shills will say it's bad regardless.

Step out of your safe space and stop shoveling shit in your mouth

How about watching the movies and realizing that they're all high quality? BvS has literally 0 flaws and yet "people" hate it. The only rational explanation is paid shills.

Who can Didio play, besides Bueno?

>Writing for the screen? Not like writing comic books.

Well he wrote for tv shows, so he have some experience doing stories for another media.
of course movies are on a bigger league than TV.

he co-wrote the wonder woman movie, in 7 months we will know if johns can fix something

>How about watching the movies and realizing that they're all high quality? BvS has literally 0 flaws and yet "people" hate it. The only rational explanation is paid shills.

But BvS was good

You can write all the essays you want convincing yourself this was brilliant, then again dumb is a one syllable word that covers it pretty well.

Sorry, you're not allowed to believe that by decree of the mouse.

Translation: no amount of evidence will convince me that my belief is wrong

Stupid SJW.

>hitman movie verse
there's five good movies out of this.
and classy ass spinoff for netflix

>SJW
How?

Same mentality.

Tfw no morrison kinos

I can't believe they let ZACK SNYDER direct a superman film. He's the king of edgy taking over the non-edgiest superhero of all time.

Except not at all

I just want a good Flash movie

I don't care about Wonder Woman or Aquaman or the Justice League or even the CW show, I just want the Flash movie to be goo

What are the chances of that happening?

95% if Snyder has some control over it.

>No.

>vehemently defends a hack director with literally one singular skill regarding filmmaking
>"ur a Marvel shill"

>Batman and Robin having adventures would be pretty great, especially if they use the non-edgy version of Jason Todd.
You mean you don't want to see Snyder-Robin hacking people to death with a halberd?

Well, lets see...

>Ezra Miller
>Blue lightning
>Flash looks like a power rangers toy

Yeah, not at all.

Yes, but I wouldn't bet on it. There's so many plot points to cover in JL, I don't see how Snyder being Snyder doesn't fuck it up.

>Introduce the New Gods
>Tell us what the Motherboxes are for
>Introduce Atlantis and Arthur and Mera
>Gather Aquaman, the Flash, and Cyborg and make us care about them
>Resurrect Superman and give a satisfying conclusion to his arc
>Have gigantic final battle
>Setup Darkseid via sequelhook

also

>Whatever the fuck Lex Luthor is doing

That depends. How much leeway does he have to include the skittle brigade

Geoff knows he doesn't have the hair for Hal

Ruined Flash comics forever
Ruined Green Lantern comics and movie
Wrote the worst JL of the decade
Why have faith in him?

>Ruined Green Lantern comics
funny way to spell fixed

His most recent greatest influences are the Flash show and Rebirth, both of which are flaming piles of substandard shit. I doubt he'll do better in movies.

What? You okay buddy?

Who is the buff beauty in between Aquaman and Cyborg?

He is poison, part of the poison that killed suicide squad and destroyed the flash movie, he is the reason cyborg got a movie

He is the WB. He got his job thanks to be a batch of the WB

Don't forget the brilliant idea if using deathstroke as a villian for batman. They guy hog on the writer roles for the batman and wondy movie

>Wrote the worst JL of the decade
Have you not been reading Rebirth?

Only if they let him do a total re-haul, ditch any of the bullshit already established in the movies, and personally give him the reins to the movies. If they just brought him in as a show of faith to appease the fanboys, it's not going to be enough.

Let him do what? After what he did to Billy Batson and the league in the comics why would anyone want his take on anything. He has been a WB man for over a decade, he was in the he's with the same suits that tried to ruin BvS, that destroyed suicide squad. He, put cyborg in the Fucking League

It doesn't need saving tho.

He will do what he always does: take all the credit for the good things and shift the blame to other people while fanboys here celebrate him as the best comicbook writer of the last century

He could have saved the CW Flash show if he was still involved.

>Sorry, you're not allowed to believe that by decree of the mouse

Or, you know, common sense