What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Cdl6IPRjfY
natazilla.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything went wrong.
The only thing that went right was it ending.

Both of the designs are ugly.

not a damn thing, I love fat girls

Everything, honestly.

The pilot design at least looks like a 20-something chub instead of a four year-old with tits.

>relatable down on her luck girl
>mentally handicapped child who can't function on her own

Who thought this was a good idea

This.

>New shitty artstyle
>Bee became even more of a shitty manchild and "epic maymay" spouter
>It became ""quirky"" and ""fun"" rather than story based with humorous elements as the pilot implied

I can't believe this got 872,000 bucks for its production.

This actually REALLY puts things into perspective for me. That money could have been used to build shelters or provide food to starving children, yet it brought THIS into the world.

tumblr

Plain and simple

THICCCCCCCC MAN JAW

>a four year-old with tits
I can't unsee it now, fuck you

You think that's bad?

Look at pic related.

>That cuckoo faggot fucking with us with the links to episodes 7-10
>Those links expired
>He got people having a thread about this fluke for more than 6 hours!

And people STILL say CGI is more profitable?

What the hell? I miss 2d animated films so much. If only stupid children weren't the only audience they cater to for animated films.

Crowdfunding is what went wrong.

Agreed user

Secret of kells
Worldwide: $739,454

Ice Age: CC
Worldwide: $407,446,018

here we go, another thread of complaining, no links

This, there shouldn't have been high hopes for this.

People love to point out the fatness but is anyone else pissed off how much the right's face looks like bootleg Miyazaki?

GKIDS movies have very limited releases. Almost nobody watches them other than their own niche.

Illumination/Blue Skyshit does hugely in places like India and Latin America because they're pretty much the only animated films distributed there and the standards are so low the kids probably watch finger family videos.

>finger family
do i want to know?
latin america is weird, they seem to have shitty standards and be happy to enjoy bootlegs, but on the other hand historically theyve had tons of good shit from america and japan running there all the time. sometimes reeally great anime we never get, and (until recently) with fewer edits

but yeah india.. their online "entertainment" is so bad it's confusing.. why would those bizarre flash cartoons be all indian kids have to look at? if they have the internet they have the whole internet.

Secret of Kells gross was $3,582,797.

What are you on about? That's pretty damn good for a niche animated film.

that's still under half of its budget

Got the rug pulled out from under them by youtube changing their payment algorithm. Suddenly they've got no budget, and so the series will look worse and take longer to come out because they can't hire a full staff.

Bravest Warriors had a pretty good update schedule before youtube fucked over animators.

funny thing is, of all the shitty things youtube has done, really this one isnt an example of them being shitty.. because the shitty thing was offering so much money in the first place, without putting safeguards in place against people doing linkbait to exploit it.. it created an artificial bubble which we're still frowning about the popping of.

This. The pilot looked too much like Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors shit.

In the case of Chile I haven't noticed the presence of bootleg shows or movies, kids generally love CG films but there's barely any advertisement for other kind of animated films (with the exception of Kubo). If you want to see different animation you have to go to festivals which don't get a lot of publicity outside of the city where they happen.

Years ago there used to be a lot of anime on public access TV (we once had Akira on prime time), but nowadays we only get CN or Nick shows.

nothing

it was never good.

Post the damn links to the last episodes.

I wonder how pissed the people who funded this show are. Wasn't the minimum donation $20?

people are saying to get the links you only had to donate 1 dollar
i think i was going to donate but it was already overfunded by the time I got to it

20 minimum? Where did you pull that out of?

/thread

Don't they have some kind of Hindu inspired Johnny Test like show on Cartoon Network there? It seemed interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=1Cdl6IPRjfY

idk i liked the original design

i mean fair enough that's not the actual videos they have.. i think these are actually less funny

I was just answering your finger family question.

OH right. Yeah. crazy.

>watch finger family videos

Is it really that bad? jesus christ.

The right looks too fat.
>inb4 low test

>Redesign by R Crumb

yeah, super agree on this one. I still hope there is a time in the next years, that nostalgia is too strong that a 2d animated film will open everyone is fuckin eyes :)

I wish there was more discussion of art styles instead of graphics types. As far as I'm concerned, Iron Giant and Incredibles are exactly the same. the cg aspect is irrelevant. they're both ugly.
the reason I liked the princess and the frog is that it looked like classic disney art, instead of the weird directions they had gone in hercules, pocahontas, emperor's new groove, etc. and I liked Tangled for the same reason
Frozen on the other hand seems to be going really weird and deformed again, and that seems to be the trend at the moment.. weirdly angled eyes and tiny low noses and mouths. halfway to Dreamworks but still not quite that bad.. good god Dreamworks has oogly art.

>making claims on a woman being owner of a body figure closer to that of an inflated deformed cucumber automatically equates to being low test
there was a time where people had balls between their legs large enough to let such shitposting slide by

to be honest, that kind of sounds superficial, and me saying that is hypocrite because i talk like i prefer 2d movies. but we have to admit there is just so much of CGI, that even if that is profitable, it s fuckin exhausting to see in these days. The ice age movies are the best example.

The series version looks like she has Downs and severe encephalitis. Not even memeing, it's objectively poor and easily misreadable cues in the design and shape language genuinely giving me that impression.

The pilot version at least looked like a decently-stylised take on a cute, somewhat homely 20-something woman.

yeah but the aesthetic problems with ice age are all in the designs. they'd be just as ugly in 2d.. and indeed, a lot of cartoons use that same aesthetic.

Everything

didn't they throw out the entire backstory foreshadowed in the pilot?

no

No, they just shoved it into the last episode

Were there more than the 2 episodes I watched of the series? Because in it there was basically nothing about it. They just made the cat the evil sidekick to the retarded girl.

Sorry, only high-test alphas can post in THIS thread, manlet scum!

how can someone look like they have encephalitis?

I STILL find it funny that she's starving, we never see her go heavy on carbs and yet she's still fat because
>MUH "RELATABILITY".

Yes, there are more than 2 episodes.

She's not starving though, because she's a robot.

Everything

Well, Natasha IS a huge weeb.

Exactly. I don't hate CG, I just want some variety, dammit.

>Ice Age: CC
>Worldwide: $407,446,018

This planet needs to be glassed...

you can't blame the sheep for poor shepherds
we just need to take them back from the folk fleecing them, and get them back into our pen where they belong, to be guided by our loving arms..
it was GOOD movies that built america, and someday, when they're done demonizing the industrial revolution, history books will recognize that and give artists the credit we deserve as the founders of our superpower economy

I literally feel the creator duped everyone with a "cute girl" desigh then went MUH FEMANISTISM on the final desigh no matter how the fans would take it.

>the first episode (not the pilot) came out 2 years ago
>there's only been 5 episodes released since then
JUST

nat isn't becky sugar. she's just a kooky little girl who wants to have fun and play with cartoons
she randomly got on Sup Forums one day and asked what a female finn would be called, and drew her for us. then refined the design a bit when it didnt look different enough from finn. then this went into the show

then she drew comics about how the designs for cake came by with changed eyes that she didn't like, and she bitched about fixing them, and then when they still weren't the right color she felt too guilty to correct them a second time.
this woman is fully aware of her foibles and is under no circumstances trying to go muh-anything on anyone. she's just a kid. she's just a female equivalent of pen ward. kids who never grew up but got to achieve the dreams that kids for decades have wanted.. then got crushed under the pressure and the reality of it all.

even better, they're all a single digit number of minutes long
it's pretty damn disappointing, but what Sup Forums never seems to keep in perspective is that disappointment is proof that they're doing something right, otherwise you wouldn't have felt anything, disappointment or otherwise. it's like the pain of loss reminding you of how great what you had was.. it's a tribute.

I'm not sure if I agree with that logic... but then, I was never someone who was looking forward to this.
About the only thing I've seen outside of the pilot episode (which I thought was terrible) was a 20? minute "behind the scenes" thing where it was just a complete hipster convention. If the staff hasn't changed since then, it doesn't surprise me at all that there's been shit all progress in two years.

nothing went right.

URINE AND FECES FELINE?

The only thing I've ever watched of this series was some clip on my 3DS a couple of years ago.

I finally watched the pilot a second ago.
I'm starting to hate this whole "quirky" thing in cartoons. It never feels natural, it always feels forced

Bait and switch scam

She got bitten by the Utz girl

lol wut?

Was boring for too long.
Only got fun at episode 4 and then all the delays happend.
Does anyone have links for 5-6? Apparently your can only watch them on some US only service?

YOU TOOK TOO LONG
NOW YOUR FANS ARE ALL GONE
THATS WHAT HAPPENED

BAGOW

>people paid for tumblr trash
>people got tumblr trash
I fail to see the problem

Fucking this, what kind of retard actually expects a bunch of tumblrcunts to actually get anything done? See: Steven Universe

>get anything done?
It got renewed multiple times so yeah it probably did get stuff done.

It feels a hell of a lot more natural now than it did last decade or the decade before that.
either toonova or watchcartoon

Tumblr was a mistake

marketing is also in the budget i think. ice age movies get a lot of money for that

>the standards are so low the kids probably watch finger family videos

> says America

kek, are as popular there as here only toddler from this decade watch them

Movies in the other hand, we just get the regular disney/dreamworks/universal studios animated movies. Not like Secret of Kells would have any chance to compite against big companies publicity & merchandise, just like in USA (american kids watching Secret od Kells, lmao, not even you adults have actual good taste

why dont your toddlers watch normal american shit for toddlers?

she became an 1970s anime?

Not him but tbf family finger videos appear in every Youtube recommended videos list.

If you are watching videos of anything related to animation (or capeshit) for any age, those videos will end up appearing in your lists

Natasha need to find her voice is all. It's very apparent Ward have an influence on her. The pilot felt like Natasha being herself and the series felt like Natasha attempting Ward.

and? you don't look at your reccommended videos.

attempting ward would be great
the series felt like nat attempting sugar

Not surprising Miyazaki is huge with normalfags and his films cater to an acceptal audience.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone at Frederator told Natasha to keep the art as simple as possible and she opted for a Miyazaki look because if Easterners think all animation is Disney then Westerners sure as hell must think all animation is Ghibli.

Considering she like anime and all, I thought she'd opt for a more stylized shoujo aesthetic and not budget Miyazaki. She did list Rumiko Takahashi as her influence.

>they're pretty much the only animated films distributed there
You dont know anything about latín america. Im from Argentina and we get every American animated movie plus ghibli. Ice age did good numbers in USA too. Don't proyect.

Ha!

Did they ever actually make any statement or explanation as to why Bee shrank a foot and became a lot fatter?

Or are they still trying to sneak that one past all viewers and hoping no one notices still three years later?

She is a robot user, she just reconfigured into Shortstack Fatbitch Battlemode for the series because that was the optimum form.

>Bravest Warrior
>Adventure Time
>attempting Ward
>great
Nah.

I want Natasha to be herself and make something genuine to her heart.

well we have her comics.. or do you prefer the art she mostly does, like this? natazilla.tumblr.com/
because they're pretty different, but I kinda like both in their own ways